Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Speeding up sigpro

• Ran Elkobi
  • Ran Elkobi's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134615 by Ran Elkobi
Speeding up sigpro was created by Ran Elkobi
Hi,

I can see that un-cached (first load) pages with sigpro takes about a second more to load than pages without or with gallery that has pre-made thumbnails.

I wonder if the thumbnail creation depend on the server? and if there is a way to speed things up (maybe using flicker?).

Thanks,
Ran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134623 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Speeding up sigpro
Hi. This small delay is normal while your server generates the thumbnails. Set a high value on the thumbnails expiration option at the settings page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ran Elkobi
  • Ran Elkobi's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #134649 by Ran Elkobi
Replied by Ran Elkobi on topic Speeding up sigpro
Thanks for the reply,

It didn't answer my question. My site is about to serve 10k uniques per day. Now it's on some shared server for the development frame and it takes about 1sec more to load a page with sigpro ( before it has been cashed). My question was if on a dedicated server I am going to see a huge improvement on load time or a small one which means I'll have to look for different solution, maybe with per made thumbnails.

More
9 years 3 months ago #134702 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Speeding up sigpro
This is a generic question that cannot be answered since it depends on many things ( hosting company, specs etc. ). If the question is just "shared vs dedicated" then the answer is that dedicated will probably be better.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)