Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Thumbnails

• Tibor Kiss
  • Tibor Kiss's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #143524 by Tibor Kiss
Thumbnails was created by Tibor Kiss
Hi,

I am using the Simple Image Gallery PRO to create galleries for my web site.
I am fighting with the thumnails I did not the find the right settings sofar, that is why I need your help and I would say I am not an expert.
I did some galleries, which contains portrait and landscape oriented pictures and I am not happy with the results of the thumbnails, see on the attached picture.
The right two images are portrait oriented. It is zoomed. What an ugly result and I am not able to change it.

If change the global setting: "Smart thumbnail resize based on above dimensions: Disable" (previously it was Enabled)
I got the following results:

It is a little bit better but still not accepted by me (ugly frame next to it).

Best would be if I create the thumbnail images and store it in a subfolder called "thumbs" inside the gallery folder.

So my question would be how can I define a thumbnail folder and do not generate the thumbnails automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tibor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #143559 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Thumbnails
Hi,

No, unfortunately there is no custom thumbnail option in Simple Image Gallery PRO. For your case the best thing you can do is just disable the "Smart thumbnail resize" as you did.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.