Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Change path of Front End created Galleries

• Chris Elliott
  • Chris Elliott's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #160932 by Chris Elliott
Change path of Front End created Galleries was created by Chris Elliott
I note that when a user adds a SigPro gallery in the Front End, their files are placed in
/media/jw_sigpro/users/NUMBER/name_of_gallery

My users would love to be able to use images added in these galleries as standalone images in their blogs, as well as in gallery displays.

The means for a user to know where their galleries and images are saved is a problem for us as showing the /media/... folder implies presentation of the root's directory tree.

As a result, I have been asked to find out if it's possible to change where user galleries are saved, the suggestion is that they are added to:
/images/galleries/users/$user/name_of_gallery

where $user is the login name of the user (no duplication will occur as we create their usernames on their behalf).

Can you advise if this is possible?

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #160990 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Change path of Front End created Galleries
Hello Chris,

Without hacking the extension unfortunately this is not possible.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.