Keyword

Photos (portrait orientation) turning sideways

• Joel Manalili
  • Joel Manalili's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #54897 by Joel Manalili
Photos (portrait orientation) turning sideways was created by Joel Manalili
I wanted to replace K2 Inceptive gallery so I looked for something else and tested this free plugin. My problem is that photos with portrait orientation turned sideways (landscape) on both thumbnails and lightbox.

Is this issue taken cared of if I buy the PRO version?

Can anybody share a link to show PRO version in action.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joel Manalili
  • Joel Manalili's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #54899 by Joel Manalili
Replied by Joel Manalili on topic Photos (portrait orientation) turning sideways
After reading a lot of the post in this forum. I came across someone mentioned about photo ORIENTATION on windows folder list.

Double click on the picture to open in WINDOWS image viewer. Click on the 'counterclockwise' or ' clockwise' icons to change orientation. After that, go back to the folder detail list and make sure that the ORIENTATION column has all 'NORMAL'. With that said, whatever orientation is shown will be same when you view it in SIMPLE IMAGE GALLERY.

Just want to share this.

i.imgur.com/CPMBjfO.jpg?1?1470
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Joel Manalili. Reason: added screenshot

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #54901 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Photos (portrait orientation) turning sideways
Hello Joel,

If your site does not have any "odd" CSS rules, which I doubt it has, Simple Image Gallery Pro will display the image as-is.

This means the image will be shown the way it was saved. It will force its own orientation.
Sometimes image viewing software will save the image when you change the orientation when viewing it (before uploading) which leads to the misconception that the extension might change the orientation.

Finally you can see the PRO version in our demo site. demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)