Keyword

Store gallery images in Amazon E3 Bucket

• Andrew
  • Andrew 's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #162696 by Andrew
Hi,

I’ve taken over a website that uses Simple Image Gallery Pro to display images on Joomla pages. Currently there’s about 200 pages and each has approx. 5-10 images. Unfortunately this is killing the inode allowance on the hosting package as there will eventually be around 4000 + joomla pages so wanted to move the images over to an Amazon E3 Bucket.

In the Joomla SIGP settings the root folder for image galleries is ‘media/hotspots’ and I tried changing that to s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/mybucket/hotspots but get error messages on the joomla page.

Is it not possible to store all the gallery images in the Amazon E3 Bucket with the default component?

If it isn’t, do you offer a customisation service that would allow me to?

I look forward to hearing from you. I did email using the contact form on the 24th June but heard nothing so trying the forum.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #162705 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Store gallery images in Amazon E3 Bucket
Hello Andrew,

You can also try using symlinks.
Also what error message are you getting?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Andrew
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #162722 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Store gallery images in Amazon E3 Bucket
Hi Krikor,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. I'll try and explain further as probably didn't add enough info in my last post.

In the SIGpro basic settings I set the Root folder for image galleries to :

mybucket.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com

But then when I view a page I see all the regular text but none of the images and get the following errors:

Warning
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/username/public_html/https:/mybucket.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/011/011-034-H1/

Notice
There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: mybucket.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/011/011-034-H1/

I see from the first warning notice that /home/username/public_html/ is being put in front of the url so SIGpro thinks that the folder containing the images is somewhere in the website directory but really it's on another server.

Is there any way I can trick SIGpro into just reading the mybucket.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com and not the part before it? Perhaps there's something that's hard coded into a plugin file that can be adjusted or deleted?

I'm not worried about SEF urls or anything search engine related and would just like to see the images. If custom work is required please let me know.

Thanks again,

Andrew
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andrew .

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #162725 by Krikor Boghossian
The root folder needs to be within Joomla!'s installation, hence the error.
You can hack the extension but can you try with a symlink first?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Andrew
More
6 years 8 months ago #162731 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Store gallery images in Amazon E3 Bucket
Hi Krikor,

Yes I get the part about the the root folder needing to be in the Joomla installation. I thought it may be easy just to change some plugin code as I know nothing about symlinks.

Do you have any tutorials I could look at that explain how to set up symlinks specifically for this task as the ones I checked after doing a google search are way over my head. Seems more like programming wizardry.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #162735 by Krikor Boghossian
I can help you 'hack' the extension but you will have to repatch it every time you update.
Open a ticket in the helpdesk, also include a link to your site, Super User access and FTP credentials so I can look into the issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---