Keyword

New AllVideos plugin

More
16 years 6 months ago #6708 by xerus
Replied by xerus on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Guys, it's the week-end. Give them some rest, i bet the new allvideos plugin will be out this week. As fotis said, they're working on lot of projects at the same time, and they preferred to do all the tests before releasing the new version.

Perhaps fotis really think that it will be ready on friday when he post but some bugs appeared.

u will be all gratefull for their great work again i'm sure, so just wait a few days and never never forget that this plugin is absolutely free for u all, and joomlaworks can only works if some people give some money to support or if they still be able to release some commercial plugin.

Give them the time to do all this work. =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pptbpress
  • pptbpress's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 6 months ago #6709 by pptbpress
Replied by pptbpress on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
I agree completely, but it will be nice when they left a message.
that will cost 10 seconds of a lifetime. That isnt asked too much.
We were all excited for this new version, that must give Fortis a good feeling
that so many people like their work.

More
16 years 6 months ago #6710 by pickles206
Replied by pickles206 on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin

Guys, it's the week-end. Give them some rest, i bet the new allvideos plugin will be out this week. As fotis said, they're working on lot of projects at the same time, and they preferred to do all the tests before releasing the new version.

LOL

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.

• pptbpress
More
16 years 6 months ago #6711 by pptbpress
I just donated 15 euro and will donate another 15 euro when the new version Allvideos 3.0 will come this week.

Regards,

Peter
PPTB PRESS

More
16 years 6 months ago #6712 by MindTooth
Replied by MindTooth on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
The plugin will ship when it is ready.

More
16 years 6 months ago #6713 by arbit3r
Replied by arbit3r on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin

The plugin will ship when it is ready.

Wow how did you work that out?

More
16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #6714 by Mark Peters
Replied by Mark Peters on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
There is a little quote from the Matrix which says; 'It's not the spoon that bends.' Well, maybe some of you should try a little less harder bending the world around you and bending the spoon instead yourself.

It's really heartwarming to see how some grown ups are visiting this forum acting as a bunch of ten year olds (and sorry, no offence kids -)). I suppose you could try to convert your silly heckling into something more contructive like a donation not to be confused with a substitute for a sale. Better even, try bringing some functional and/or cosmetic changes which others can use. But I understand, it probably would be a waste of your precious negative energy.

peace,
sp00n

edit: typo

I don't have an attitude problem. You just need some perception tweaking.

• pptbpress
More
16 years 6 months ago #6715 by pptbpress
My idea is that when people are telling that they release it on a certain day, that it should be released on that certain day.
Unless you will not make it, but then it will be nice to inform your customers for the delay.

If you are ill or have some other serious reasons why you not can leave any message, everybody will understand.
But you see on the profile of Fotis, that he is answering other messages and his last login was September 01, 2007, 02:03:31 PM.

This means that there are no excuses to leave any message to us.
And that why I look every day on this forum to see if the new version is available.
I don't mind to pay for products, but this product is free.
And yes, I have donated allready and will donate some more when it is ready this week.

So Fotis, if you read this, let us know at least something.
If your plugin is not working, tell us, so that we are looking for some other players.

Regards,
Peter

More
16 years 6 months ago #6716 by Per Torstensson
Replied by Per Torstensson on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Pickles206 humorous comment aside ("Look at me;  I can't wait 5 more months.") - This is a silly discussion. The plugin is free, hence it is _completely_ up to the developers to inform the masses in any way they see fit. Period.

pptbpress wrote: This means that there are no excuses to leave any message to us.

I can think of a million reasons for them not to answer questions at the moment for unreleased, free software. Support related questions like these (and with this poor attitude especially) cannot be expected to always be answered. I personally don't care if you have donated or not, that's just not how free software works. If you want the software so badly and with this attitude, I suggest you hire a developer to do the work for you.

More
16 years 6 months ago #6717 by Mark Peters
Replied by Mark Peters on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
I see your point and I suppose everybody has a different take on this and let me start by saying that this post is not directed towards you Peter ;)

Like you I am a donating member as well and I chose to donate as an appreciation for the work this team _has_ delivered. That it may be an incentive for them to keep going is something different all together.

From my point of view these extensions (with the exception of the commercially offered products) can not be classified as products nor are we customers for these, we are merely in the position of using the free work provided.

Making claims on what or when something should be delivered are ridicule even if a deadline couldn't be made. For all I care Fotis has a need to go hug his dog for two months straight or more likely his business is expanding and he has real world clients to tend to. To be clear, even without notification you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that priorities lie differently lately. Don't get me wrong though, I agree with you that some communication would have helped but nothing more.

Having said that there are some here that deem it necessary to be part of the problem than to be part of the solution. Maybe because it's the only method they 'think' they have as a last resort to get something done because they have no skills or financial means. There are however more ways contribute but I yet have to see one of them offered by those who do. What I do read between the lines are selfish little agendas of webmasters with 'hot' sites (read: ten recurring visitors, one family member, two friends and seven robots) that want to impress their friends and stroke their egos with their newly acquired functionality.

Some people really need to start thinking how much time and effort is being put in this stuff before starting to make claims or snipe little remarks. Appearantly they have never developed something before.

peace,
sp00n

I don't have an attitude problem. You just need some perception tweaking.