Keyword

MP3s sound like chipmunks!

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #2212 by jcarnley
Replied by jcarnley on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
Just so you know I used about twenty different MP3 files and so far only two are giving me problems.  It didn't happen until I started loading them in docman but I don't see how that could be the problems since others work fine.  I am also reasonable sure the files that are sounding funny used to sound fine.

Okay I went back and checked I may have had the bitrates wrong on four of the most recent MP3 files I converted.  I'm not having trouble with any others so it must be the bitrate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #2213 by chalupa
Replied by chalupa on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
I just started having similar problems.  I recorded a skype call using PrettyMay.  I just checked the recording settings and they are:
Sample Rate - 32000Hz
BitRate - 64kbps

It plays fine normally, just not using this plugin.  I then tried to re-save the file several times in Adobe Audition using the Fraunhofer codec.  I've tried 32kbps, 48kbps and 128 kbps with different sample rates.

Each time I try to play the different files on my site I get the same result.  Any ideas?

More
16 years 9 months ago #2214 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
Try 44,1Khz for the sample rate and at least 32kbps for bitrate. Always on CBR of course.  :D

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 9 months ago #2215 by chalupa
I did check for CBR, I think I forgot to mention that.  I'll try those settings and let you know what happens.  Thanks!

More
16 years 9 months ago #2216 by chalupa
Upped the sampling rate to 44,100 and it works just fine.  Earlier I wasn't going into the advanced area to change my settings.  Thanks for the help.

More
16 years 8 months ago #2217 by Ralph de Kreij
Replied by Ralph de Kreij on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
Hello,

Is there already a solution for this problem. My mp3 are playing to fast.
I cannot change how the mp3's are recorded because they are third party and I use {mp3remote}

Please help....
Will this be fixed in the next 3.0 release?

More
16 years 8 months ago #2218 by garkon
Replied by garkon on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
I too had the same problem.  My first time streaming mp3s.  Probably not using the best software to rip from cd, but I had to use a variable bit rate keeping min and max the same and using joint stereo to get correct play back.  All other settings, even at CBR produced the chipmunk effect. 

Maybe if someone has a system that works (ie - listing software and settings used) and posts it, that might eliminate the issue for future users utilizing the mp3 feature of this plugin.

I'm doing the following:

-Software:  [url=http://"http://www.nch.com.au/rip/plus.html"]Express Rip[/url]
-Settings:
VBR
min:16
max:16
quality:4
Channels:joint

For about an hour long voice mp3, this produces a < 7mb file with minimal artifact when listening.  This is probably not the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

If someone else has another solution (windows), I'd love to hear about it so I can utilize a better system.  Thanks.

More
16 years 8 months ago #2219 by jlw
Replied by jlw on topic Re: MP3s sound like chipmunks!
We have over a hundred audio files, which up 'til now have been linked to directly, so that visitors play them with whatever media player they've got.  And never had a problem. 

Now I'm replacing the links with all video plugin tags so that they'll be played and controlled from within our site.  But they play like Alvin and the chipmunks. 

These are all educational lectures, no music.  All created with Goldwave over many years.  All mono.  All 40kbs.  24kHz.  Audio layer-3. 

I do not want to go and redo all these files.  Any solution?  Or just table the plug in for now?