Keyword

DISQUS comment system for Joomla! 1.5.x released!

• JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Admin
More
15 years 9 months ago #15074 by JoomlaWorks
DISQUS for J1.0.x will be out tomorrow. Delayed the release cause we're launching a new extension as well.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15075 by kwesro
That's really great. Can't wait 8)

More
15 years 9 months ago #15076 by kwesro
Any update concerning the final release?

More
15 years 9 months ago #15077 by john walsh
I didn't notice an option for it but is there a way to limit what sections/articles/whatever the commenting system does or doesn't show up on? I'm redoing my site and plan to use disqus and this is really the only thing holding me back.

Thanks.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15078 by john walsh
Don't mean to bump this but...bump  :)

I could just use css to hide the comment pieces on the pages that don't use it but I don't really like to use "dirty" solutions like that. Any update would be appreciated and if there is a way to restrict what pages the comments show on then that would be appreciated even more.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15079 by Lynch
I wanted to add my vote for an update that filters where the comments appear - either by section or category - as this will make a good plugin really great. At the moment I have comments on my 'FAQ' and on my 'about' page and it just looks poorly designed. 

Thanks for releasing this in the first place guys...

More
15 years 9 months ago #15080 by john walsh
Ok I think I got it! On the articles where the title is linkable the comment system attaches itself while articles without a linkable title won't use the system.

So try making title linkable no instead of yes and see if that works.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15081 by Lynch

Ok I think I got it! On the articles where the title is linkable the comment system attaches itself while articles without a linkable title won't use the system.

So try making title linkable no instead of yes and see if that works.

Thanks rageapples but because the comments page has already been created for these pages it doesn't seem to remove it.  For new articles it may work but for the quick test that I've just done it still shows up on my static pages.

Filtering comments to just a certain SECTION would be ideal - I'm not a coder or I'd have a poke around in the plugin to see what could be done.

More
15 years 8 months ago #15082 by ohiosportnews
Replied by ohiosportnews on topic Re: DISQUS comment system for Joomla! 1.5.x released!
I'm new at this...I just installed the plugin and also signed up for my account on the disqus site.  I have a couple questions.

1.Does the system start appearing when new articles are posted?
2.On the dashboard, what platform do I use because joomla is not offered, or where do I install the general code on joomla?
3.Can I choose which pages I want the comment system to appear on?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

More
15 years 8 months ago #15083 by kwesro
What about the awaiting DISQUS for J1.0.x ???