Keyword

Creating DB2 table in SAS Clinical adds missing values

• Sandeep Kommineni
  • Sandeep Kommineni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sandeep Kommineni
More
2 years 1 month ago #164033 by Sandeep Kommineni
Sandeep Kommineni created the topic: Creating DB2 table in SAS Clinical adds missing values
I ran into this problem when I tried to upload a list of members to our DB2 server, and have created a minimal example to explain the problem.

In order to join locally-created data tables from SAS Clinical 9.2 to tables in our DB2 data warehouse (accessed with a connection to an ODBC driver), my procedure has been to place those local tables on the same server (different schema) that houses the claims. The primary purpose of this is to filter out a list of claims where the member_ID is contained in the uploaded list.

If there are missing values in the first row of the local data (sometimes a member might not have a piece of identifying information), the data on the local side loses several non-missing values when it gets uploaded to the DB2 schema. I've attached a toy example with non-sensitive information to highlight the problem. The PROC IMPORT and Data step are simply to get the data into the form I need, and should not have any issues. The clinical library is created through an ODBC connection to our data warehouse with my credentials. The screenshot below shows a before and after of the data set on the local machine and the clinical server (notice the first row has some missingness). I didn't post the log. What is scary is that my log provided no indication that anything was wrong. BellevueBob's answer works for the case when the missing data is character, but creating a data table in the same fashion, but with numeric data, the solution does not work like how it does with character data.

K.Sandeep

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #164042 by Krikor Boghossian
Krikor Boghossian replied the topic: Creating DB2 table in SAS Clinical adds missing values
Wrong forum :)
This K2 is a Joomla! extension.

IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

---
JoomlaWorks
www.joomlaworks.net/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.