Keyword

K2 Step by Step for beginners

• Simbarashe Munhemba
  • Simbarashe Munhemba's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70101 by Simbarashe Munhemba
Replied by Simbarashe Munhemba on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
I want to believe the joomlaworks guys have to figure out a way to make some bit of money out of making life simpler for most of us none-expert programmers first before the or a manual is released into the public domain, so you guys and me have got to share our experiences in this forum particularly our discoveries so as to get going. Personally I am enjoying learning this way as I am a typical human being who refers to the manual only when I hit a brickwall. Here is what I have to share with you today:

I have plugged in image gallery from these guys and it works super when you insert the tag {gallery}your_image_folder_in_joomla_stories_folder{/gallery} inside your Joomla! article text and not in the K2 item. If there is a work around can somebody share with us?

Now concerning K2, has any of you guys followed my learning approach with an empty joomla installation without samples? If you have how about checking the parameters for your items or categories if not in K2 then in components.

I will get to it but at the moment I am working on what I want for my clients' site, which is having a clickable image gallery that sends the visitor to the actualcontent plus also a working blog that can accept image uploading from users while online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70102 by Diego Maradona
Replied by Diego Maradona on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
Arauf said:How to submit from front end?

I mean...can user (registered or author) submit item and post blog from front end? How to do it? :) thanks...

More
14 years 8 months ago #70103 by daz
Replied by daz on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
the demo k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo/ shows the content published in the main content area.

how do i do the same?

thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #70104 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
change the type of your home menu link to link to a K2 category instead of front page component. tweek the settings to only show the category but not the items. Before you make the menu you should put all your categories in a parent category and then link to the parent item.

daz said:the demo k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo/ shows the content published in the main content area.
how do i do the same?

thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #70105 by daz
This is sounding good.

Is there any chance that you could explain it with examples?

Thanks

Lownotes said:change the type of your home menu link to link to a K2 category instead of front page component. tweek the settings to only show the category but not the items. Before you make the menu you should put all your categories in a parent category and then link to the parent item.
daz said:the demo k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo/ shows the content published in the main content area. how do i do the same?

thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #70106 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
perhaps you should try to make it work. I don't have time to make examples. It's pretty basic. Spend some time trying what I suggested.

That's what I did.

There's little here that documentation would tell you. This is about experimentation and learning. Not handholding.

daz said:This is sounding good. Is there any chance that you could explain it with examples?

Thanks

Lownotes said:change the type of your home menu link to link to a K2 category instead of front page component. tweek the settings to only show the category but not the items. Before you make the menu you should put all your categories in a parent category and then link to the parent item. daz said:the demo k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo/ shows the content published in the main content area. how do i do the same? thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #70107 by bkemler
Replied by bkemler on topic K2 Step by Step for beginners
It sounds to me like a lot of the folks asking questions on here are not only new to K2 but also new to Joomla. My advice would be to get to know Joomla better before trying to use K2. Otherwise, you're not going to understand the answers that experienced Joomla users like Lownotes are so graciously providing.

Lownotes said:perhaps you should try to make it work. I don't have time to make examples. It's pretty basic. Spend some time trying what I suggested.
That's what I did.

There's little here that documentation would tell you. This is about experimentation and learning. Not handholding.

daz said:This is sounding good. Is there any chance that you could explain it with examples?
Thanks

Lownotes said:change the type of your home menu link to link to a K2 category instead of front page component. tweek the settings to only show the category but not the items. Before you make the menu you should put all your categories in a parent category and then link to the parent item. daz said:the demo k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo/ shows the content published in the main content area. how do i do the same? thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #70108 by daz
I must thank lownotes for the great pointer that gave me a valuable clue, enabling me to solve that problem.

B Kemler said:It sounds to me like a lot of the folks asking questions on here are not only new to K2 but also new to Joomla. My advice would be to get to know Joomla better before trying to use K2. Otherwise, you're not going to understand the answers that experienced Joomla users like Lownotes are so graciously providing.
Lownotes said:perhaps you should try to make it work. I don't have time to make examples. It's pretty basic. Spend some time trying what I suggested. That's what I did.

daz said:This is sounding good. Is there any chance that you could explain it with examples? Thanks