Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 8 months ago #98017 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Fotis Evangelou, is it going to be k2 for joomla 1.7 ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98018 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Answering the comments about CMS... I use BOTH Wordpress and Joomla depending on what the client wants. The debate is as pointless as the Mac or PC one as the answer is the same... They both (can) deliver the same results even if the method appears different.

I'd be more interested in hearing from the K2 developer(s) as to whether the is any point in 'us' using/installing this (once?) great extension in future sites...

Evolution is always better than REvolution...

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 8 months ago #98019 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
any news?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98020 by Dan
so what is the easiest/fastes/best way to add comments to joomla articles preferably for free.

• Adamo
  • Adamo's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #98021 by Adamo
And how it is possibile to create custom fields?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98022 by Pulkit Gera
Replied by Pulkit Gera on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Doesn't JoomlaWorks realize how this is affecting their image?

I'm skeptical about buying anything from JoomlaWorks, although I quite like their image rotating plugin like Yahoo movies, but what if they show the same level of support as they have shown for K2?

Don't want to end up with a dead product man ...

More
12 years 8 months ago #98023 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Personally I have always preferred opensource/community efforts to 'paid' (as one member suggested). Many paid systems also just give up and move on (presumably once they have made enough cash) and also updates and support are often down to a small team of individuals.

The other problem with paid (proprietory) systems is that the owners leverage thier 'control' to charge for ever single part of thier service and it is often hard or impossible to migrate the 'system' because it has been poorly built or they just won't let you because "If you do - we won't support it".

The problem here is that maybe the idea of writing parts of K2 from scratch just doesn't appeal when essentially it's a FREE/community product. I thought K2 was great and used it on a few sites but like it seems the rest of us, I'm now feeling abandoned as Joomla has changed. Even if it was released NOW I doubt I would want to install it in case the developers changed thier minds (again?) during ongoing builds.

I suppose there is the possibility that the developers don't know how to make it work with 1.6 onwards?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98024 by Pulkit Gera
Replied by Pulkit Gera on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
This thread has gone on for 4 pages ... The least that they could do it reply!

More
12 years 8 months ago #98025 by Chris James
@Pulkit: I agree 100% - The 'silence' says a lot...

Pulkit Gera said:
This thread has gone on for 4 pages ... The least that they could do it reply!

More
12 years 8 months ago #98026 by Paul Scanlon
Replied by Paul Scanlon on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Lets not get too hasty to have a go at them, if you follow this link you can download a beta version of k2 for 1.6, version 2.5 so they are a least looking at it, it's just a question of when will it be finished?