Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98057 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Thanks Warrick... Back to the drawing board for me I guess. Zoo maybe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98058 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
What problems have you found Warrick? as it seems ok to me apart from some minor css issues

Admittably, there's little new but for now I'm just pleased to have something I can move forward with.

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 8 months ago #98059 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Hello again guys. Yesterday i asked the k2 developer and he told the k2 is now in RC. The stable version will be released in late august.

That's exactly what he said. I hope that he is really gonna release k2 stable for 1.7, because it's really cool component.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98060 by Swapnil Bhosale
Replied by Swapnil Bhosale on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
hi every1, i am a simple k2 user, i went thru all ur great brainstorming discussion & valuable info. I am happy to see K2 works on 1.7, {except for small bugs}. But k2 has provided the most flexible and simplest way to handle joomla sites. Hope the K2 team is coming up with good news, if they have created such a good component, they will surely make it for newer versions. Good Luck K2 team.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98061 by Swapnil Bhosale
Replied by Swapnil Bhosale on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
a ton of thanks, we all owe u a great favour. thank you once again.

kiril Hristov Yovev said:
Hello again guys. Yesterday i asked the k2 developer and he told the k2 is now in RC. The stable version will be released in late august.

That's exactly what he said. I hope that he is really gonna release k2 stable for 1.7, because it's really cool component.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98062 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Are you using the 1.6/7 versions of the plugins - don't mean that to sound patronising, just asking?

• BNR Investment Group
More
12 years 8 months ago #98063 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@Mark - when did you try Zoo? I tried Zoo when I was evaluating CCKs and I didn't like it. K2 was much better and easier to understand, which is why I chose it for all client sites we've built since. If you have not looked at Zoo recently, you should. They got slaughtered by K2 and went back to the drawing board. The new version is much different. It has many more features and works much better.

Someone mentioned something about being constrained to apps. That's not actually the case. Not only is there an app bundle for $100, but you can easily modify apps to fit your needs. Think of an app as a subtemplate and extra field bundled in to a package. It doesn't really require more work than K2, just different work. The interface for ordering the content items is fantastic as well and much better than any other CCK I have looked at. It's really come a long way.As I mentioned before, I have dozens of sites I have to consider. We've started our first Zoo site and so far it is looking like that will be the path we take for all of our other clients as well. It's a shame because I really like K2. We've developed a lot of cool stuff for K2 that I guess we will have to adapt to Zoo, but we can't afford to wait around for the end of August to find out there has been another delay. April is only 9 months from now. If I convert 1 site a week I will be really pushing my luck. I cannot gamble on K2 being released when I am already looking at a lot of work to make the deadline now.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98064 by Mark Foster
Hi Brent

I must admit, it was a fair while ago that I tried Zoo,  I'm just so pressed for time atm though that I really have to stick with K2 as possible as I can make that do pretty much anything I need.

I did have a look at it on the yootheme site and it does look good though so as soon as I do get a chance, I'll get a version of it installed and start getting my head round it just so I have another option.

Thanks

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 8 months ago #98065 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@Warrick van den Heever : i just installed the SIG pro 2.5.3 in Joomla 1.7 with K2 2.5 (SVN) and all works fine, i could even upload a zip file with images and it did show on the selected articles. Just some CSS issues only!!

Refer to the attached screenshots.

Warrick van den Heever said:

All the plugins I had bought for J1.5. have not caught up. All videos doesn't work, Gallery was not working (Yes I know it was upgraded but I could not get it to work with K2 it was not being recognised). I did not get an answer from the developers on why or how to fix it. Mark Foster said:
What problems have you found Warrick? as it seems ok to me apart from some minor css issues

Admittably, there's little new but for now I'm just pleased to have something I can move forward with.

K2 Rocks \m/
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #98066 by troponin
Hey Folks,

I think there are always two sides of the Story.

The first thing is that Fotis and his Team dont give enough Information to the Community (like I told him on Twitter) espacially for next Releases, when will Allvidoes Plugin Joomla 1.7 ready etc.

On the other Hand I ask me what did you all do to get the SVN 2.5 stable ? You all scream for a Stable K2 Joomla 1.7 Version. But there are just a few of you who posted known Bugs. So I have to ask who of you really tried the SVN 2.5 ?

And what did you do to get K2 faster for Joomla 1.7 ?

AllVideos Plugin isnt available for 1.7 at the moment. But it is released under GPL. So who tried to convert it to 1.7 ?

"Open Source matters" its all for taking and giving.

But if I look in the K2 Community Forum it looks like the most always taking. Too many unreplied Threads of People who need help.

So grab your on nose and trie to think about what can you do to get a good working K2 for Joomla 1.7

just my five cent.

regards

Thorsten