Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

• Pixel Point Creative LLC
More
12 years 8 months ago #98077 by Pixel Point Creative LLC
Replied by Pixel Point Creative LLC on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Hi Warrick,

Thanks. We didn't develop netshelter's website. We were brought in just to create this specific K2 extension for them, which we are planning on releasing for K2 and Zoo to the Joomla community. Our website is www.pixelpointcreative.com Depending on how things progress here, we might end up porting other K2 specific extensions over to zoo as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #98078 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I have a question about zoo.  How do you use it compared with k2... i.e. is it free and or to you have to subscribe?  As well, what would you guys say is better?

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #98079 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
my god what is seblod?  I can't say it is cool or not because I cant' even figure what the hell it is.  It looks like a bloody swiss army app. 

More
12 years 8 months ago #98080 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I think, it is absolutely nessecary to integrate the new J! ACL into K2.5+. It doesn´t make sense to stick with the JW authors and permissions system. If this is one of the major reasons why K2 is delayed... i don´t mind. Take your time to make it as smooth and integrated as it should be.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98081 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Has anyone got Allvideo working with 2.5.  I have it installed on J1.5 and tried both 2.5 and 3.3 version  of AllVideo.

this is what I'm getting.

{}mbpcSG9p4pE{/}

On a side note, I've been messing with Seblod 2.0 and think it is awesome.  So powerful and modular and you don't have to touch any code for layout of fields.  I'm still trying to teach myself between projects but it is an order of magnitude more powerful than k2 and the ui is very cool.    vimeo.com/channels/seblodcck

More
12 years 8 months ago #98082 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I tested it last night, If you use the embed code it is working.

It looked like there was more work to do on the provider tab to me and

I didnt try the upload to my server tab yet

More
12 years 8 months ago #98083 by Tonttu
Here you can read about the problems of using Zoo: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=620&t=603676

More
12 years 8 months ago #98084 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
thanks Tonttu...

I guess there are always problems/issues to overcome with any module/component... Much of which will be due to user inexperience and (hopefully not as much ) poor development/design/implementation by the creators/developer.

The thread is food for thought but i for one have waited now for some time and yet there is stil no FULL/Stable K2 for the lastest Joomla. it may come in the next few weeks isn't really good enough for me. I know how these things go... deadlines and develoment don't always get along but the ONE thing I CAN say with my years of web experience and client relations:

DIALOGUE speaks volumes. if you stay in touch with a client/customer/user and explain the issues while keeping them updated at regular intervals with progress, they usually accept that you are doing the best you can and will often back-off, giving you the space to work.

Not updating them or worse; iGNORING their attempts at communication will almost always result in loss of the client/customer/user.

And that seems to be the general theme of this thread from the very first post.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98085 by Tonttu
Zoo feels too closed, you have to pay to post in their forums, so even simple community interaction is behind a paywall. I have decided to go with Seblod after Joomla 1.8 (or whatever it will be called) is released. Seblod doesn't add a new layer of content, but uses Joomla's article system and this just feels right IMO.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98086 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Cool. After reading some other parts of the thread i'm thinking of giving Seblod a go too. :-)