Keyword

[SOLVED] Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In

• Lisa Jorgensen
  • Lisa Jorgensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #133948 by Lisa Jorgensen
Replied by Lisa Jorgensen on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
I just want to to add that it's unfortunate that I can get only one reply every 24 hours. I realize you may be in a country whose timezone is opposite mine.

For those of us who have subscriber-based websites, this is an urgent issue. K2 is unusable as it is. I'm not a programmer, and I don't seem to be able to make headway on this issue. Actually, I consider it a bug. The functionality is reduced from standard Joomla. Guests have to be able to see the title and intro of premium items. If this can't be resolved within a few days, I'll have to uninstall K2. I would hate to do that because I love the masonry effect, and I love the future potential in what I can offer my subscribers.

Please solve this. Telling me that I need to check the feed is just not useful. I don't know how to do that, or even where to look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #134008 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
You get an answer every 24hours not only because of opposite timezones but due to the fact of that we do not work over weekends.

If you are looking for 24/7 support you should consider hiring a developer. Open source does not mean 24.7 support.

I have already posted my answer multiple times as well as links to documentation. I will post it for one final time.

You need to use the code snippet I sent you in your template overrides. The item.php in particular. Check the link to locate the file/ folder. Then you need to disable or change the feeds so users are not able to see the entire item from the RSS feeds.

It is that simple. I am really sorry If you are having issues implementing this solution.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Lisa Jorgensen
  • Lisa Jorgensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #134034 by Lisa Jorgensen
Replied by Lisa Jorgensen on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
Again, no idea how to affect the feeds, or even where they are, in order to implement what is already present in Joomla. I was not counting on hiring a programmer.

Unfortanately, I will be uninstalling K2 today.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #134043 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
Sorry to hear that.
Feed are disabled from either K2' category option or from the menu item's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Vlachos Evaggelos
More
9 years 5 months ago #134099 by Vlachos Evaggelos
Replied by Vlachos Evaggelos on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
Hi Lisa, take a look here...

1.) if not use joomla 1.5 and
2.) need to view non login users all k2 items where have access level public and register (if need extra access levels just put level(s) id in "i.access IN(1,2, your_extra_level_id(s))" and if click the item then must login edit ./components/com_k2/models/itemlist.php

final code ./components/com_k2/models/itemlist.php:62-88

if ($user->guest)
        {

$query .= "i.access IN(1,2)"." AND i.trash = 0"." AND c.published = 1"." AND c.access IN(".implode(',', $user->getAuthorisedViewLevels()).")"." AND c.trash = 0";

$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
            $languageFilter = $mainframe->getLanguageFilter();
            if ($languageFilter)
            {
                $languageTag = JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag();
                $query .= " AND c.language IN (".$db->quote($languageTag).",".$db->quote('*').") 
						AND i.language IN (".$db->quote($languageTag).",".$db->quote('*').")";
            }
        }
        else
        {
            $query .= "i.access IN(".implode(',', $user->getAuthorisedViewLevels()).")"." AND i.trash = 0"." AND c.published = 1"." AND c.access IN(".implode(',', $user->getAuthorisedViewLevels()).")"." AND c.trash = 0";

$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
            $languageFilter = $mainframe->getLanguageFilter();
            if ($languageFilter)
            {
                $languageTag = JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag();
                $query .= " AND c.language IN (".$db->quote($languageTag).",".$db->quote('*').") 
						AND i.language IN (".$db->quote($languageTag).",".$db->quote('*').")";
            }
        }

Please use k2 template for above changes... :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #134233 by George
Vlachos Evaggelos, your way of changing the file itemlist.php gives error 1054 when browsing categories. I have installed Joomla 3.2 and K2 2.6.8. I think that the best solution would be to add a button select the level of access available in standard content manager of Joomla. But how? Sorry for my English.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #134245 by Krikor Boghossian
I would suggest that instead of 'hacking' the core of K2 that you use Joomla!'s user function in your template overrides.
docs.joomla.org/Accessing_the_current_user_object

This way you will not lose your changes when you update.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 5 months ago #134372 by George
Eventually, I just use the Akeeba Subscriptions extension. It is able to work with the component K2.

More
9 years 4 months ago #135195 by Lawrence Clayton
Replied by Lawrence Clayton on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
Hi George,

I have recently moved to K2, im about to uninstall it due to the same issue, I need customers to login to read content. I dont want to charge people... I want to capture their details so I can direct market to them... But they also need to be able to read the first 50 - 70 words, to incite them to login.. Native joomla can do this.

How did you configure Akeeba Subscriptions for the desired result?

Regards

Lawrence

More
7 years 3 months ago #160041 by Mars Cureg
Replied by Mars Cureg on topic Premium Content Items Invisible IF Not Logged In
This is so helpful, it works perfectly.

Now, I need the same logic to display in in K2 content module