Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
7 years 11 months ago #153674 by Petar Elez
Replied by Petar Elez on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Joe Campbell wrote: Hi @DSPI try using the ImageRecycle extension.

You can configure it to process images of specified folder(s).

www.imagerecycle.com/cms/joomla

The extension replaces your images with optimized images automatically (time intervals or on save)

I personally use it to optimize my images before uploading to K2 (tip: save your images at 100% quality and let ImageReady do the optimization, for smallest size/highest quality images)

Thanks for sharing the link Joe, I will take a look at this - seems promising on first glance.

In this case, we are getting images/articles imported directly from a news agency just as they are released so I do not get a chance to optimize them before upload.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 11 months ago #153675 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
@DSPE then you would configure the extension to process that specific folder.

The extension developer was very responsive answering my questions. I would recommend contacting them for further details.
More
7 years 11 months ago #153678 by Dave Logic
Replied by Dave Logic on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Joe Campbell wrote: @DSPE then you would configure the extension to process that specific folder.

The extension developer was very responsive answering my questions. I would recommend contacting them for further details.

I also use this plugin/component and can confirm that it is both excellent and does the job at a relatively low cost.

David
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #153712 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
@DSPE The front-end is not finalised, the core functionality is all there but I cannot guarantee it will play along nicely with extensions built specifically for older versions of K2.

I would not recommend using it in a production environment but if you want to give it a try you should use it in a staging server first before updating your site.

Should you run into any issues, feedback is really valuable to us.
Please report them at github.com/getk2/k2-v3-dev-build

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
7 years 11 months ago #154121 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Ho hum.

Well I thought I'd give it at least a few days into May before saying anything...

K2 v3 development has re-ignited and is on a steady track for a realistic release date by late April 2016, especially now that K2 v2.7.0 is also released (a requirement to upgrade to K2 v3.0.0).

Yes, you read correctly. Within a month's time, we'll make every effort to finalize all remaining issues and release K2 v3 :)

That was written on March 18, referring to the realistic release in late April. Now here we are again with a missed date and still 48 listed issues on Git.

So what is the new date?
More
7 years 11 months ago #154319 by Mika Knuutila
Replied by Mika Knuutila on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Anything new about it?
  • Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154320 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
It would be nice if we could get some specifications and news on (new) features, so we all can prepare ourselves for the next release. What do we need to take into account, are there issues that we will run into, what upgrade path is there, etc.
More
7 years 10 months ago #154995 by Mika Knuutila
Replied by Mika Knuutila on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Another month delay after promising release dates. Worst is lack of information...
More
7 years 10 months ago #155102 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Yep - so another month later, I go and look at the Github and I see we have gone from 48 to 52 fixes need to be done and 48 of those are the same ones that were there last month. So, it looks like that initial steam has given way to nothing getting changed in a month again.

sigh...
More
7 years 10 months ago #155246 by WinniePooh
Replied by WinniePooh on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
The release for K2v3 has been announced for late April. Now were are in the middle of june and I'm waiting nearly 11 months for the global permissions of user groups ( look here ).

Why is it taking so long again? I understand that Fotis has a small amount of time for the K2 development, but after the delayed release of K2 v2.7 I've expected a better estimation for the K2v3 release date. Can we expect a release until autumn?