Keyword

[SOLVED] Extra Fields > Missing options in the toolbar of the editor

More
6 years 7 months ago #164063 by delaunois
Hello,
I have the same problem,
I want to use tiny in extra fields because i use doclink, codesource html view, etc...
My defaut editor in joomla global config is Tiny.
Have you a solution ?
Thx
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #164110 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Extra Fields > Missing options in the toolbar of the editor
Hello Greg,

I added this as an enhancement request, github.com/getk2/k2/issues/415 feel free to comment on the repo and +1 it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #164112 by Paolo M. Scarpa
Hi there,

I was here for another topic, but I stumbled upon this thread, that disclosed to me the universe of extra fields... :D

I never used them on K2, so far, but the question was interesting, thus I went to create an extra field group, to see what's happening (some day or other, I could have the need of).

Well, I can say that the solution is rather simple: use JCE Editor.

I'm a long time user of JCE Editor, from the age of J1.0, always delighted with the high performance of such script, that is, actually, a sort of evolution of TinyMCE, but with far more sophisticated features.

I'm currently using the PRO version all around, but I have in one of my test sites a "normal" free version installed, not even the last update, I think, where I carried out the test.

The result is that JCE loads perfectly all its buttons and functions in the extra field tab (if you choose "Textarea", of course)... below a link of the test screenshot:

jmp.sh/MUVI0Df

Mind that in the example the language of the GUI is Italian, where "campi aggiuntivi" means "extra fields".

You can download JCE here: www.joomlacontenteditor.net/, and I have to say that the support is one of the best I know (after subscription, at least), but, to solve the problem in subject, I deem there is no need of support at all.

Hope the above will be of help.

More
6 years 7 months ago #164127 by william white
Using j 3.7.5 k2 2.8 and JCE and enable option as Krikor says above, everything in editor works for me. as it should

More
6 years 6 months ago #164399 by JoomlaWorks
@all
This has been resolved in K2 v2.8.1 [dev] which you can safely install on top of 2.8.0. Get it from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)