Keyword

Content Not Displaying for one Category

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Programming is a lot of work
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #169934 by Timothy Michel
Content Not Displaying for one Category was created by Timothy Michel
I have a hidden menu item, alias: "welcome-to-the-9-11-truth-action-project" configured to display a single K2 item, alias: "welcome-to-the-9-11-truth-action-project-newsletter" and that item's category is alias: "subscription-notifications" If I create a link "mysite.org/welcome-to-the-9-11-truth-action-project" a page displays, the name of the menu item in the breadcrumbs, and the page title I add to the top of each page outside of the K2 programming flow. but the text of the item doesn't display, all I get is a blank page. If I create a direct link to the article like: mysite.org/894-subscription-notifications/375-welcome-to-the-9-11-truth-action-project-newsletter, I get the same thing, a blank page.

I am sure, it is because I am tired and missing the obvious, but I played with this for a couple of hours and cannot figure out the problem.

I am not using the new Joomla Routing System, but I am using the advanced SEF for K2 URLs which is why I can get away with a URL without category and item numbers.

If I tried using a URL like mysite.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=375

I get a blank and broken page. I have seen this before when troubleshooting the the custom template for the site. Turned out to be a PHP error, but that isn't showing up in error.log right now.
The problem before is that I was calling getMenu() statically like $menu = getMenu(); when I should have called it dynamically like $menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();

If I string a URL together like https:/mysite.org/557-news-releases/765-senate-resolution-610,

the item displays normally. But this isn't a hidden menu item, News Releases is included in the navigation bar; but as far as I know that shouldn't make a difference, it just means that a menu item won't be displayed on the front end for the Hidden menu item, but I should still able able to link to it and it should display normally.

Oh yes, I am running Joomla 3.8.13 and K2 2.9.1, and I have updated all plugins and components, so everything is up to date. ACYMailing fixed their K2 plugins so that has been attended to as well.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Added more details after further research

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #169941 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Content Not Displaying for one Category
First off, grab 2.9.1 dev from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip (I pushed a related change last Thursday or Friday).

Can you enable "maximum" error reporting in Joomla's global config so you can see what error shows up? If the blank page occurs when you only fetch the menu item but not the page directly from K2, it's possible the issue is with some module.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #169950 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Content Not Displaying for one Category
I will install the dev version of 2.9.1.

I had already set error reporting to maximum and didn't see any errors, only warnings, and not from K2 specifically.

The blank page occurs when I try to fetch it via a menu item or directly pasting the URL for the article/item, into the browser address bar.

I will let you know what else I find, but that will probably be tomorrow for you.

After installing K2-dev 2.9.1 I get the same result.

Curiously in error.log I see the following:

2018-10-29T06:44:49+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T07:56:51+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T09:08:33+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T10:22:21+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T11:37:01+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T12:48:48+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T14:03:04+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T15:17:58+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**
2018-10-29T16:31:21+00:00 INFO 62.102.148.166 joomlafailure **Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.**

Unless someone is using a script to try to guess a password, this should not be happening. I am the only person that logs into this dev site.

But I see no error pertaining to K2.

I have added:
<div class="watch-read-act-on-it">
	<h2>
		<?php 
		$menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();
		$active = $menu->getActive();
		$menuname = $active->params->get('page_heading');
		echo $menuname;
		?>
	</h2>
</div>

to my index.php file to display the Page Heading information in the Page Display tab in the Joomla Edit Menu Item interface, at the top of the page for all pages, and this displays correctly, So the problem comes after the menu item information is displayed.

This is really throwing me. It would almost imply a problem with item.php, But then the problem would show up everywhere and not just items called from these Hidden menus.

I added the following to item.php, but as far as I can see nothing is wrong here:
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>
	<!-- Item article Title Row 2 extra field -->
	<?php if(isset($this->item->extraFields->titleRowTwo->value)): ?>	  	
			<h2 class="itemTitleRow2"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->titleRowTwo->value; ?></h2>
	<?php endif; ?>
	<!-- Item article SubTitle 1 extra field -->
	<?php if(isset($this->item->extraFields->subtitleOne->value)): ?>
		<h3 class="itemSubTitle1"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->subtitleOne->value; ?></h3>
	<?php endif; ?>			
	<!-- Item article SubTitle 2 extra field -->
	<?php if(isset($this->item->extraFields->subtitleTwo->value)): ?>	  	
			<h4 class="itemSubTitle2"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->subtitleTwo->value; ?></h4>
	<?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

I found this in jcontroller.log.php:

2018-10-29T01:22:32+00:00 INFO 47.41.20.188 controller Holding edit ID com_menus.edit.item.1197 Array ( [0] => 1197 )
2018-10-29T01:51:59+00:00 INFO 47.41.20.188 controller Releasing edit ID com_menus.edit.item.1197 Array ( )

And that is the menu item connected to the K2 item that I am trying to display. I am not familiar with holding and releasing, but it could mean holding data until after the page is rendered.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Added additional Info and code and additional jcontroller.log.php info

More
5 years 4 months ago #169976 by JoomlaWorks
Try fetching the page in question with ?tmpl=component, which will load just the component page plus plugins. If you can see the page, look for issues in modules. If you can't see the page, perhaps the error comes from some plugin that is triggered on that page (and which may be checking the menu, e.g. if it's the frontpage or not).

The logs you saw are probably the new logging feature in J3.9.0.

As for the failed user logins, this is probably normal if your site allows users to login.

---

• Timothy Michel
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #170034 by Timothy Michel
Thanks Fotis, no, the component doesn't load, nor do any of the main content modules.

Here are the error messages for today:
[Thu Nov 01 19:05:15 2018] [warn] [client 46.229.168.148] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  require(/mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-php71/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66
[Thu Nov 01 19:05:15 2018] [warn] [client 46.229.168.148] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  require(/mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-php71/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66
[Thu Nov 01 19:05:15 2018] [warn] [client 46.229.168.148] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-php71/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-610118.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

If I call the item using the link from menu manager like:
https://www.911tap.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=607

I get the following:

If I call the item using the menu item alias, you can see the results by navigating to this link:
https://www.911tap.org/welcome-to-the-9-11-truth-action-project

This is not spam.

There are still ACYMailing plugins that give PHP warnings, but I don't think this has anything to do with the current issue.

Carlos Camera, at ACYBA, said that they have been updating their plugins, and that I should download and install all of their plugins, even if the version numbers are the same, because he has been going through and updating them on the fly as error reports come in. So I have done that.

There is no ACYMailing code on the page. I simply provide ACYMailing a link to the item/article, so that if the ACYMailing plugin receives a response from some subscription confirmation email, the page gets displayed in the browser.

I am getting the same result for other items in the "HIdden" menu that aren't in any way related to ACYMailing.

The JFBConnect plugin is called on every page, but that includes items included in the "Nav" bar and they all load without problem.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Correct Typos, Provide URLs

More
5 years 4 months ago #170044 by JoomlaWorks
First off, the error page is broken because it was built for Joomla 1.5. Simply copy the error page from the /templates/system/ folder or just delete the error.php file in your template.

The errors you mention at the top of your post indicate fatal PHP errors because of missing files which are "required" by some plugin I guess. I'm saying plugin and not something else because you directly called the page with ?tmpl=component. That's why calling the same page with just the K2 URL params also breaks.

Start by disabling your active content plugins first, one by one. Then do the same for system plugins.

---

• Timothy Michel
More
5 years 4 months ago #170056 by Timothy Michel
With "RewriteEngine Off" in .htaccess, I get the following error.
Error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file: Call to a member function get() on null

So there is a typo in one of the PHP files.

Thanks, Tim

More
5 years 4 months ago #170060 by JoomlaWorks
Do try the plugins first. And make sure you have error reporting set to maximum in Joomla's global configuration.

---

• Timothy Michel
More
5 years 4 months ago #170109 by Timothy Michel
Thanks again Fotis. I went through the content and system plugins and disabled them one at a time testing to see if the page displayed properly each time and after going through the entire list of plugins, disabling each, not one of them disabled allowed the page to display correctly. While working with the owner of this site the other night I noticed that some of the back-end pages aren't displaying either, just a blank white page. Most of the content on the website is displaying correctly, but content not connected to a menu module isn't displaying at all.

Right now I am going through the Akeeba Tools documentation and setting everything up according to the recommendations of Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos and running all the repair and optimize tools in the hopes that I find the problem that way. If I knew what I was looking for I would run Linux grep on the site, but without knowing what to have grep search for, it won't be of much use.

Thanks, Tim

More
5 years 4 months ago #170111 by JoomlaWorks
That typo could be on any element on that page loaded: template (and its overrides), component, plugin, module. Try the template as well.

---