Keyword

Problem with Version 2.10.1 and K2 » Item listings » Categories

• OASE Software GmbH
  • OASE Software GmbH's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #173847 by OASE Software GmbH
dear support!

i have currently a problem when creating new menu entries of type "K2 » Item listings » Categories".
my previous created entries working correct but the new ones i create show all articles of whole site and not specific category.
the problem is that my working entries have for example the following link: index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=115
but the new ones only have this without task and id parameter: index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category
my current workaround is to manually insert task and id directly in database, but this should not be a permanent solution.

is this bug known?

cheers daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #173870 by JoomlaWorks
When the task & id are not present, it means you're linking to multiple categories, not a single category.

What's the URL to your site? Even better, what are the direct URLs to the page with issues?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• OASE Software GmbH
  • OASE Software GmbH's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #173904 by OASE Software GmbH
the direct url to the new page is www.visitklagenfurt.at/de/klagenfurtfestival.html, but as a said before i have already appended the task and id in the database.
and to your hint because of linking to multiple categories, this is not possible because it is a single select box and not multiple!!

prnt.sc/q4w5ex

just tell me if you need further informations or backend/ftp access.

cheers daniel

More
4 years 4 months ago #173905 by JoomlaWorks
I think some plugin is messing up with K2's category selector (which by the way is just Joomla's selector based on chosen.js). It's most probably one of the plugins that extend your menu items forms.

As a test to see for yourself, install a new Joomla site somewhere else in your server or locally, with just K2 on it and create a menu item to K2 categories. You'll see the category selector is totally different.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)