Keyword

SEF Category URL prefix

More
4 years 4 months ago #174136 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic SEF Category URL prefix

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #174137 by JoomlaWorks
I'm noticing the breadcrumbs option is di***** around so this will need to be addressed along with caching for the new router.

---

• Geraldo de Oliveira
  • Geraldo de Oliveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #174138 by Geraldo de Oliveira
Replied by Geraldo de Oliveira on topic SEF Category URL prefix
Good morning Fotis,
Thanks again for the great work and help!

I've updated the router.php file and it works great! Everything is fine.

For the parent menu item I couldn't find any solution so I ended up naming parent category alias in another way so the URL are still functional and SEOlike.

Yes, the breadcrumb gone after the router.php updated. I've managed to created it my accessing the DB and getting the parent category name and routing the link. It seems to work
mizar.mediandmore.it/prodotti/modelli/interni-proiettori/risalto

So again, thanks a lot for the support!

More
4 years 4 months ago #174140 by JoomlaWorks
Great :)

---

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #174210 by blue_Shift
Replied by blue_Shift on topic SEF Category URL prefix
I have followed above instructions, using a hidden menu for the root K2 category item - and everything looks good, except "/component/k2" still appears in the item. (see attached.)

Does webmaster tools / google analytics make use of these urls, or do we have have actual menu items for this to appear on submitted site maps?
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by blue_Shift. Reason: can't delete duplicate attachments. (the 'X' button or 'Remove All" didn't work.)

More
4 years 3 months ago #174213 by JoomlaWorks
First of all, install K2 v2.10.3 (dev) from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip which includes the latest code changes to the router.

Secondly, make sure "Custom SEF URLs" are enabled in K2's Settings (SEO tab).

Third, make sure there is at least 1 menu item pointing to all K2 Categories.

Finally, send me a URL to your site, especially a page that *includes* content with "component/k2" in their URLs.

---

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #174214 by blue_Shift
if i set to the home page, I get a clean url - but the links go to the home page template (set in framework admin and assigned via menu parameters), not the default template (a variation set in the framework admin, built especially for the K2 item pages)

link to site: bit.ly/38XOkXn

ADDED: click on the content item in the row of images below the banner. (The category will produce 404, the item will produce a 'component/k2').
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by blue_Shift. Reason: added image, then added a reference to your third instruction...ok *fourth* instruction.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #174215 by blue_Shift
This image shows the 'empty' is in the url string - probably where the 404 is coming from.

edit: the last item in the menu bar is the link to all k2 categories.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by blue_Shift. Reason: added tech. note about the menu item

More
4 years 3 months ago #174221 by JoomlaWorks
There is no need to use "empty" anymore, it was a temporary hack for Alberto to test things out without doing changes to the XML files. So just delete it.

Additionally, upgrade to K2 v2.10.3 (dev) again as new changes have been merged since the copy you installed (cause the SEO settings order had changed and I can see you still use an older version).

As for why the template of the homepage is displayed everywhere when you assign it to all K2 categories, this is normal. It's because every K2 content on the homepage "carries" the itemid of the home menu item. As such, Joomla considers that you're still on the homepage, even though you navigate to different content.

But rest assured, I'm already working on a way to have a clean URL path, without duplicate entries. E.g. if you currently create a menu item called "blog" pointing to a single K2 category also called "blog", then the path to items will be /blog/blog/whatever, which is normal cause it's essentially /menu-item-alias/category-alias/item-alias.

As for the items with /component/k2, I'm guessing these come from a 3rd party module and not e.g. K2 Content (mod_k2_content). That module does not properly parse K2 URLs from "JRoute" AND "K2HelperRoute" (see for example: github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/modules/mod_k2_content/helper.php#L286). Just inform its developers to update their code.

---

More
4 years 3 months ago #174222 by blue_Shift
Thanks, Fotis. The developer has been notified.

(I did install the new version, but perhaps I need to remove the manually-created router.php from one of the earlier posts? uninstall / reinstall?)

Using a hidden menu item - or as in my demo, using a menu item to link all K2 items should work in terms of getting it to a different template variation? It seems that it will work.

Once I have this sorted I can steer this project away from weirdpress.