IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING THE FORUM

As you may already know, the JoomlaWorks Forum is powered by Kunena (the only decent forum component for Joomla).

Unfortunately, the latest update for Kunena has seemingly broken all code snippets (old and new) in the forum.

Until this message is removed, please paste any code as regular text - in other words, don't use the [code]...[/code] tags in Kunena's post editor.

Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

More
1 month 3 days ago #179654 by GabiW
Replied by GabiW on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Hi Fotis,
I use k2 for my customers on more than 70 sites, and it's no problem for me to pay for it.
I like to use it!
If there is no update, I have a big problem....
Best regards from Germany,
Gabi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #179657 by PJones
Replied by PJones on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Same here......K2 is now the only thing holding me back from updating some sites to J4.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #179669 by Anibal Sanchez
Replied by Anibal Sanchez on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Hi,

Thanks in advance for all your efforts. 

We have migrated our extensions (I'm Extly's leading developer) to Joomla 4, and we know that it is a challenging task. 

K2 v3.10 supports Joomla v1.5, v2.5, and v3. So, I guess that is a lot of features to test and review for Joomla 4. 

We have almost two years of Joomla 3 support. There is no immediate hurry to upgrade, and there are many developers still deciding how to support Joomla 4. Checking the list of installed extensions of a site is giving us a lot of surprises. For instance, all the Rok* modules will not be migrated, and Joomlart has several critical solutions not being migrated. ;-).

From my side, in general, for the migration to Joomla 4, I recommend taking your time and planning; better safe than sorry.

Best Regards

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #179671 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Well, two years might sound like a long time but if you handle some big websites that need to be migrated to Joomla 4 with thousands of K2 articles and a lot of  other components time is running like a speed car. So it would be perfect to know when the new version of K2 is available. So it wasn't by the end of October but will it take several more weeks or even months? A time schedule would help planning further steps or looking for other solutions that would result in major changes for my projects. I don't want to waste precious time. K2 is just a big questionmark right now that keeps me from deciding which way to go. Any news?

More
3 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #179672 by PJones
Replied by PJones on topic K2 and Joomla 4
The problem is that we can't be putting out new sites now under J3 or we'll be in the position of telling clients that their site no longer has support in less than two years.

I know that in principle we could upgrade the J3 to J4 at that point but that's a lot of extra work, plus I prefer to go for a fresh install when a new version arrives.

I've done a few J4 sites, it works well, and there's no other addons that I'm waiting for other than K2. So with the new sites I've had to switch the K2 parts to Article Manager for the time being. It's not the ideal thing, plus it means extra work that wouldn't be necessary if K2 was available.
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by PJones.

More
3 weeks 22 hours ago #179674 by JoannaT
Replied by JoannaT on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Hi, what stage is K2 for Joomla 4 at? There is no GitHub repository available with this version of K2? We are also waiting with the migration to J4 due to K2.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #179682 by Michael
Could we have an update... please? How long will it take approximately for the K2 Joomla 4 version to arrive? Days, weeks, months? I guess not only me but many others are eager to learn how to proceed with their complex Joomla projects that will have to be migrated to Joomla 4. THANKS! I do not understand the lack of communication here.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #179683 by Han Leentvaar
Replied by Han Leentvaar on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Also waiting... Can't deliver new site to customer...

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #179685 by Michael
Please... waiting desperately for some news on this matter!

More
1 week 3 days ago #179697 by Johan Badenhorst
Replied by Johan Badenhorst on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Is it possible to just give us an update on your progress and possible release date for implementing a new version that will be compatible with Joomla 4?