1 year 1 week ago #179701 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I guess no answer at all means K2 is dead. :-(
The topic has been locked.
More
1 year 1 week ago #179702 by Earth Angle
Replied by Earth Angle on topic K2 and Joomla 4

I was almost to make purchase for one of their products but since I read all comments on this topic so i'm waiting to see the result first. Also I opened a topic for another matter but I got no answer.
More
1 year 1 week ago #179703 by Michael
I really don't get it. Why is it so hard to give an update? And if it's still not finished they could at least give an approximate date for the release. First it was announced by the end of October. And now there is only silence. That really gives me a bad feeling. Guess I will transform my K2 articles to regular Joomla content for the Joomla 4 migration. Anyway, this is gonna be a mess for my website with thousands of articles. :-(
More
1 year 1 week ago #179704 by Philip Sorokin
Replied by Philip Sorokin on topic K2 and Joomla 4

Anyone willing to fork the project and write an update?
More
1 year 1 week ago #179709 by Earth Angle
Replied by Earth Angle on topic K2 and Joomla 4

I really don't get it. Why is it so hard to give an update? And if it's still not finished they could at least give an approximate date for the release. First it was announced by the end of October. And now there is only silence. That really gives me a bad feeling. Guess I will transform my K2 articles to regular Joomla content for the Joomla 4 migration. Anyway, this is gonna be a mess for my website with thousands of articles. :-(
Maybe it's so hard to give an update due to financial issues, we can't judge the efforts to such projects from our comfort positions. It's a time and resource consuming. everyone of us should ask what did he provided for open source projects to keep up to date. What everyone of us donated or what subscription do we pay for to keep the project profitable. we can't just request for updates in the time we are giving little return and some others don't give any return to the project at all.
I'm not a k2 user except for my new website and only because I like their slideshow hahaha but I understand how it's hard to maintain a free project and keep it updated except if there is a real funding coming from a giant tech company that wants the project running and up to date and here I don't know for k2 which companies can support it except if it's used by giant media publishers who are mostly developing their own custom solutions.
Guys we need to think how to support the project not to think who will fork it to make an update.
thanks
More
1 year 1 week ago #179710 by Philip Sorokin
Replied by Philip Sorokin on topic K2 and Joomla 4
With all due respect to the developers and your opinion I must say if the developers want to save the project, they should release an update ASAP. Most of Joomla! users are slow to update the CMS. We are webmasters, we make the work for our customers, and we are just early birds. But when the other users awake, the project will die completely. First, they should issue an update, then they can make it paid.
More
1 year 1 week ago #179711 by Michael
I was talking about keeping us updated when and if the Joomla 4 version is coming. I would totally support a paid version. Anyway, I need to plan my J4 migrations and it's gonna be more complicated without K2. So time is running. And when there is no communication at all, that keeps me and many others in doubt, especially because it was first announced to be releasesed by the end of October.
More
1 year 1 week ago #179712 by Johan Badenhorst
Replied by Johan Badenhorst on topic K2 and Joomla 4
From this thread we can see there is much support for K2! It is an excellent product. We all are keen to migrate to Joomla 4. However, the silence from Fotis and his team is worrying to us. Maybe the silence is due to the developer working on the upgrade! I personally do hope that there will be some noise soon and hopefully with an announcement when it will be released. :-)
More
1 year 1 week ago #179713 by Michael
However, they could tell when it's coming... or not.
More
1 year 1 week ago #179715 by Anibal Sanchez
Replied by Anibal Sanchez on topic K2 and Joomla 4
The last K2 update is that they are working on the version for Joomla 4. The advice is to wait until it is released.

K2 has been a reliable content extension for years. The new version is delayed a month. That's not news in this industry.

Joomla 4 was in the works for FIVE YEARS. 

Give it a break.