Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

More
9 months 1 week ago #179884 by ChrisB1983
Replied by ChrisB1983 on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Given the fact that both K2 and Joomla are free to use, you cannot expect a commercial level of support or make any complaints about when it is released.

Its frustrating for those (including myself), who are waiting to use K2 on a Joomla 4 project, but the only option is to simply wait for it to become available. It maybe later than they originally anticipated, but at least they are still actively getting on with it behind the scenes.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 months 1 day ago #179887 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic K2 and Joomla 4
K2 has stopped saving for me since last night, i run a new site using k2 and make new articles reguarly, haven't updated Joomla in several months in fear stuff will stop working waiting for the k2 Joomla 4 upgrade

Now when i go to save a new article it just loads a blank page when i hit save, i haven't updated anything and was working fine since last night, what could be the problem. I tried to make a thread but it's currently broken, so i left my reply here. Hope the k2 Joomla4 update is soon we're all trapped in purgitory waiting for the k2 update, hopefully k2 will get released this month. But yeah my saving button on k2 has stopped working even though i haven't updated anything for months
More
9 months 20 hours ago #179889 by Jos Schouwenaar
Replied by Jos Schouwenaar on topic K2 and Joomla 4
You could try downloading & install the development version.
Is probably a php version issue of the server (php8)
More
9 months 5 hours ago #179890 by Chris Linch
Replied by Chris Linch on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Thank you, that's very helpful for me.
  • Concerto Designs Inc.
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #179892 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Replied by Concerto Designs Inc. on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I have about 40+ sites ready for K2's J4-compatible release. While I am waiting, it helps to remember how lucky we have been to have K2 for almost 11 years. We owe Fotis and the team a huge debt of gratitude not only for K2 but for shaping the Joomla project path. If I can help out in any way with testing releases, please let me know.
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #179895 by Steffen Daehmcke
Replied by Steffen Daehmcke on topic K2 and Joomla 4
@jos. I'm not sure if the developer version supports J4 right now. So, from the GitHub repo it doesn't seem to be the case. Last commit was on beginning of February .

This is maybe more a question to Fotis if you could push a developers snapshot to GitHub, supporting already J4
More
8 months 1 week ago #179901 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic K2 and Joomla 4
>> K2 will be available for Joomla 4 IN THE COMING MONTHS. If it's not Jan 2022, it may be Feb 2022.

Well, it's the end of March now. Is there a chance it's coming anytime soon? Or will it take more weeks or months?
I'd really appreciate regular news on the status quo. It makes it so hard to plan going forward with complex projects not knowing when K2 will be available. I have to decide now whether moving on with or without K2. The latter would be a mess for some big websites and that's why time is ticking. Another "maybe then" or "maybe later" is not really helpful. I think I'm not the only one waiting for a realistic date when to expect the Joomla 4 version. I need a clear statement. Thanks!
More
8 months 1 week ago #179909 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Pleeeeease! I just need one clear answer to go on with my projects: Will it take days or weeks or some more months? That's all I have to know. THANKS.
  • Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
8 months 1 week ago #179912 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic K2 and Joomla 4
If you look at the GitHub repository you can get an idea how things are moving along. Well, not very much going on there. So don't expect a J4 version soon… It reminds of the times K2 was going to make a leap forward with a version 3. It took them years, and finally it didn't come about.

My two cents: the problem is that K2 has been backwards compatible to Joomla 1.5, which had end of life 10 years ago. You have a lot of old code to maintain and get rid of before you have a decent J4 version.

github.com/getk2/k2/graphs/commit-activity
More
8 months 1 week ago #179915 by Philip Sorokin
Replied by Philip Sorokin on topic K2 and Joomla 4

My two cents: the problem is that K2 has been backwards compatible to Joomla 1.5, which had end of life 10 years ago. You have a lot of old code to maintain and get rid of before you have a decent J4 version. github.com/getk2/k2/graphs/commit-activity
I think, they should move farther and drop the support J! 2.5 as well. I would drop the support insecure versions of Joomla less then 3.6.5. Very few people use these obsolete versions nowadays.