Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

More
4 months 2 days ago #180234 by Dejan Bojovic
Replied by Dejan Bojovic on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I'm sorry, we've been friends for over a decade, but the next projects can't wait. The problem is that fewer and fewer extensions support k2. a pity!!!
The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180252 by Philip Sorokin
Replied by Philip Sorokin on topic K2 and Joomla 4
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180257 by Adrian Diehm
Replied by Adrian Diehm on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I think the existing K2 users on J3 need to see a j4 beta release or demo site. Something to give us a glimmer of hope that there will be a K2 for J4. I have hundreds of sites to convert from J3 to J4 and a reasonable number of those use K2. I'm leaving the K2 sites till last but the end is approaching fast.

The question is, do we dump K2 and move on, hang out to the bitter end or is it a case that it was nice while it lasted 
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180261 by Attis V
Replied by Attis V on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Being new to this forum, but I've been using K2 for more than 7 years so far with pleasure. I can only say thank you so far for all of your effort.
And not being offensive, of course, just curious.
I understand that J4 has had major changes, good or not, depends, but that's the matter we're faced with.
I also understand your voices to make K2 users calmer, but J3 support is getting to its end in a year.
I can only speek from my point of view, there's a lot of stuff in K2 under my responsibility.
It would be appreciated to have clear statements about the future of K2. Do we have a chance in a near future to have it in J4, or should we start planning the migration of K2 contents to any other platform? If someone knows how many pitfalls this procedure has, you do.
Also, I join those who said that we'd pay for K2, but some more effective info please.
With friendship,
Ati
More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #180262 by PJones
Replied by PJones on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Joomlart has a converter which I used and it does a great job.

www.joomlart.com/member/downloads/joomlart/joomla-extensions/ja-k2-data-migration-plugin
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by PJones.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180264 by Geoff R
Replied by Geoff R on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Thanks for the link above. Our site is ready to go to Joomla 4, except for K2. Do the Joomlart migrators require the use of their template or other software?

Thanks,
Geoff
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180265 by PJones
Replied by PJones on topic K2 and Joomla 4
No Geoff......I'm using it on Joomshaper templates.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #180266 by Geoff R
Replied by Geoff R on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Thanks- Perfect!
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #180270 by George Nasis
Replied by George Nasis on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Hi all,

I understand the pressure to move on to J4 and the disappointment that K2 does not provide a strict timeline.

However, those who are willing to abandon K2 have consider the following:

1) What about the performance compare to K2? Joomla queries to database have been improved?

2) What about overriding templates for different categories?

I hope everyone will make the right choice according to his needs.
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #180271 by Dejan Bojovic
Replied by Dejan Bojovic on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I have over 40 sites using k2, and I would be the happiest person in the world to see the new version. Imagine the nightmare of having to transfer all that to a new platform. We've been talking about the new version here on the forum for over a year and we haven't heard anything new, except that it will be much more advanced than anything we've seen so far. Some screenshot, beta version... The worst part is that there is no information.