Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4 >

More
1 week 6 days ago #180341 by Thomas Thrane
Replied by Thomas Thrane on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
I’m very unsure about the future of K2 - I would rather stay on K2, but it seems like nothing gonna happen regarding Joomla 4.

For the last 8 years K2 has been the backbone of more than 70 websites I have made for my customers - it’s gonna be a hell of a job to change all these sites to use native Joomla articles, but I actually don’t see any other option now …

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #180362 by GabiW
Replied by GabiW on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
I feel the same way. I started informing the customers about the k2 issue and change smaller websites to the native Joomla articles. Many customers want to wait. But if there is no update by summer, then I have a problem. I'm afraid of August 2023.

More
1 week 3 days ago #180363 by marko
Replied by marko on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
We did this same dance once already.  There was supposed to be K2 v. 3+ for Joomla 3... announced in 2013/14, presented in detail at the Joomla conference in Brazil in 2015... yet to be released, still.  Anyone who dared ask for updates on this forum was shot down hard.  Like others, I don't want to move on, but it's clearly time to rip off the bandaid.  

More
1 week 2 days ago #180366 by mjmartino
Replied by mjmartino on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >

I am in the tribe.

We still have one year but some news will be great.

Our 4 company websites are totally depending on K2. We cannot move to native Joomla articles. Too complicated. Our websites architectures are based on K2.

Nothing is to complicate, to migrate to core article :) 

More
1 week 1 day ago #180368 by Okan
Replied by Okan on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
I don't know is there anybody checking latest version but they are still developing (K2 v2.11.0 [Build 20220701]).
They didn't stop for sure.

If you are not sure to move with J4, you can wait. Nothing forces you to move. And you don't need yet.
You need to know how to compare. What J4 and J3 has but K2 doesn't have?
Also J3 is still getting update. You don't need to rush.

Even Joomla developers are not sure about J4. They allready started to work on J5 looks like.
www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5863-joomla-5-0-bold-in-one-year-but-can-we-do-it.html

K2 is still one of the best component for me and still rocks. Even my new websites are using K2.
Easy to use, develop and design.

So much support from komşu.

Regards

More
1 week 12 hours ago #180369 by mjmartino
Replied by mjmartino on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >

I don't know is there anybody checking latest version but they are still developing (K2 v2.11.0 [Build 20220701]).
They didn't stop for sure.

Not exactly is true ;)
Check github 
imgupx.com/ynyMBRNX

Yep J5 is development but this is not will be b/c J5 will be support J4 extensions. if extension will be run min. PHP 8.1

More
5 days 4 hours ago #180374 by Manu k
Replied by Manu k on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Will K2 be fully compatible with Joomla 4! Yes, but a large portion of the underlying code has to be re-written so it's future compatible with continued changes in the Joomla API/framework.

More
3 days 5 hours ago #180376 by WEBradius
Replied by WEBradius on topic K2 and Joomla 4 >
We don't have a year left. PHP7.4 reaches end of life on 28 november 2022. PHP 8.0 is not an option because K2 is not working under php8. So we should keep using a unsafe and no longer supported version of PHP?

I do not believe a K2 upgrade will come in the next 2 months so moving on i guess, unless there is a release date before november?