Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

More
10 months 1 week ago #181022 by Jos Schouwenaar
Replied by Jos Schouwenaar on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Here at JS Webdesign we have made a CCK , JSW CRM 4.
we have updated multiple website from our clients to joomla 4 that had K2 as content system
It is not a k2 clone, it's different, but with other/more tools.
  • Creating & editing pages off course
  • Layouts available: list, table, gallery, single item, treeview
  • Set the layout (image/text) per item/category
  • Stream video;s from your server or Youtube / Vimeo very easy
  • DMS manage documents
  • CRM manage relations
  • Create & manage locations maps with Google maps or Openstreetmap
  • WeTransfer app on you own webserver/website
  • Reactions
  • Reviews
  • Slider
  • Various SEO data sets available per item
  • Extended user rights system, even more possibilities than in the Joomla core
This is just a short list of most important possibilities.
JSW CRM 4 has everything you need if you want to use it as alternative for K2.

Take a look here to download
jswebdesign.nl/en/jswebdesign/jswcrm4.html 
There's a free version to test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #181023 by borja
Replied by borja on topic K2 and Joomla 4
We are on 18th. any expective date? A few weeks ago someone recommended me to use rolandd.com/products/ro-csvi

to make a migration. Any cheap alternative?

More
10 months 1 day ago #181033 by SPOTTERON
Replied by SPOTTERON on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I think you can just use SQL tools like MyPHPAdmin to drop over the tables and FTP to transfer files, when K2 for Joomla 4 gets out.. also eagerly awaiting the release;)

Old member

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #181046 by sizu
Replied by sizu on topic K2 and Joomla 4
is JSW CRM 4 compatible with sh404SEF and 4SEF-4SEO?
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by sizu.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #181051 by SPOTTERON
Replied by SPOTTERON on topic K2 and Joomla 4
We have tested JSW CRM 4- but it is not really a K2 alternative, due to a range of reasons.
Mainly it is the interface quality. K2 has an easy to use backend interface, that is no problem to teach to clients and partners. Your software seems overboarded and to much. There are simply to many buttons on screen at the same time, there are no well made visual differences, margins, etc. My advise is to pay a (good) designer and let him or her make a UI overhaul. Also there are to much logo placements as in-interface elements. If we want to brand something, we want to brand it in our own style. Place one small logo somewhere - but nothing more.

K2 is much sleeker, easier to explan and better structured.
And I hope it gets its update to J4 soon ;)

Old member
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by SPOTTERON.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #181055 by Dayyal Dg.
Replied by Dayyal Dg. on topic K2 and Joomla 4
You are absolutely right. I have tested JSW CRM too, and there is nothing that we can compare to K2. I am using K2 on one of my websites since 2012 and learned many more things. Obviously, K2 is the best CCK and there is no other CCK that defeats K2.

Now I am waiting for an update from JoomlaWorks for K2. I am not in a hurry, because in the meanwhile, we can upgrade the design, and UI of the Joomla 4 template, and whenever K2 will release its Joomla 4 version, we have to only migrate the K2 database. For now, we are happy with Joomla 3 and K2 and can expect new updates soon.
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Dayyal Dg..

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #181056 by marko
Replied by marko on topic K2 and Joomla 4

The plan is to release before the end of June 2023 (need to get SIGPro ready first).

And, here we are mid-July, less than 6 weeks away from the end of life for Joomla 3... and no SIGPro for J!4 (never mind K2).  Smart money says none of this will happen in 2023.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #181059 by Jos Schouwenaar
Nice to see that our app gets attention here.

As we have state, JSW CRM is not a K2 clone, it's different.

In our opinion is the frontend managing ui & capabilities of K2 not what it should be.

We have quit a few websites with k2 as CCK, but we almost never used it.

The Frontend managing of content with JSW CRM is much easier to set up, and the UI is much better. It's even full-responsive...

For fans of K2 i think it takes some playing with JSW CRM to get to know all the tools that are build in.

Managing your website from the frontend with JSW CRM is much easier to do than with k2.

Because there are more tools in JSW CRM than in K2, the UI can be a bit overwelming when you see it for the first time,.
We agree that some buttons in the ui can get a better location.

We are going to try to make the UI more userfriendly.

We have plans for improving & extending the tools available a bit, in the area of call to action & reactions, so there wil be a updated version soon.

Keep also in mind that in JSW CRM you can do much more on menuitem level than in K2.
That you can set the layout of a item (text-image) per item is also a cool feature.

it's i think by the way not fare that we still don't know what the state is of version 4 of K2.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #181060 by Jos Schouwenaar
What do you mean with compatible. In JSW CRM you can make a item and set the seo.

You can set the seo also on categorylevel, the items there then gets that seo automatically, or override it on the item.
The items with some seo setting are getting extra fields to make the item complete.
Events & recipe setting for example.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #181061 by Go Host 4U
Replied by Go Host 4U on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Just a thought!

Do you not think it would be better to start a new post so we can see the progress of K2 for Joomla 4 without you pushing your product by hijacking this thread!