Keyword

date of rss item don't appear in browser

More
9 years 2 months ago #140747 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic date of rss item don't appear in browser
@Salmatas G. Kirtsidis Th. OE

The issue is on the feed generation not in the module. The generated feed contains date in Greek language which of course is invalid.

I saw that you are using K2 for generating the feeds. K2 does not modify the date. The issue probably occurs when Joomla! is trying to format the data before displaying the feed. Ensure that you are using an up to date version of Joomla!. Since you are under Joomla! 2.5 series you should be using 2.5.28.

If you already use the latest version then something is wrong with either your PHP version or your server's setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ
  • Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ's Avatar
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #140837 by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ
Replied by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ on topic date of rss item don't appear in browser
Hello,

My joomla version is already on 2.5.28 and the k2 version on 2.6.9

Ok there is the <pubDate> (on the Greek language of course) in source code but why it doesn't appear on the feeds after burred on feedburner. Is also this "Greek" problem?

Can you indicate me the php joomla file that is responsible to format the data before display in the feed. I think that I translated the labels that use the feeds' php file...

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ. Reason: more comments

More
9 years 2 months ago #140851 by Lefteris
I don't get what you are asking regarding feedburner. The date should not be in Greek, in any case. Regarding the actual code this where Joomla! is converting the date in feeds:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/2.5.x/libraries/joomla/document/feed/renderer/rss.php#L209-L214

This is calling the Joomla! date format function:

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/2.5.x/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php#L564-L567

Note that is strongly NOT recommended to modify any of the core Joomla! files.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ
  • Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ's Avatar
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #142060 by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ
Replied by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ on topic date of rss item don't appear in browser
Hello,

I got the problem. In the github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/2.5.x/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php file there is the "dayToString" function that probably is involved and gets labels from en-GB.ini and el-GR.ini files. So, after I turned the labels in english into el-GR.ini file, the feed is validated. .

There are some minor mistakes in the text of feeds but is still valid. The problem now is that on the frontend the page renders the dates in english but the frontend laguage is set in Greek language
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Inze A. Markogiannopoulos Th. ΟΕ. Reason: additional coments

More
9 years 1 month ago #142089 by Lefteris
Use this code inside a template override:
<?php echo JHtml::_('date', $feed->itemDate, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')));

Ensure that you have set the format in the module options to :
%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---