Keyword

Display issue with "View Comments" / "0 Comments"

• jaguar3d
  • jaguar3d's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #24122 by jaguar3d
First off, I have to thank the developers for this wonderful extension. There is no doubt that this is tough to do. I do have one minor issue i'd like to address. I noticed when first entering the website for my wife i get "view comments" for an instant at the top of the article and then when the page finishes loading it says "0 Comments" . Strange thing is that i've placed comments and it counts them at the bottom, but the top remains stating "0 Comments". I think its suppose to say "View Comments" because all it does is open the comments portion of an article. Makes sense.. however the "0 Comments" will throw people off and they may never see the actual comments..

Is there a fix for this issue?

I"ve attached a small file showing two screenshot sections. the top pic is when the page is loading and below the black line is when it is finished loading.

thank you for any suggestions. It would be the cherry on top to put this on all the other sites i've created. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #24123 by JoomlaWorks
Go to Disqus, login and look for "tools" or "parameters". In there you can tell Disqus to change the "0 comments" to "be the first to comment" or anything else you like ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #24124 by Astromarine
That's not it. He's having the same problem I am, in which the article still shows "0 comments" in the front page even though there are actually comments there. As an example, check the two links:

astromarine.net/index.php
astromarine.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:ministry-of-food&catid=39:cooking-blog-post&Itemid=56#disqus_thread

As you can see, on the top link the "ministry of food" item shows zero comments, even though there actually is one in the bottom link

More
14 years 9 months ago #24125 by jollyjoe
Hi-- I am having the same problem with my site...
The link at the bottom of my test article says "O comments" when really there is one comment in the thread.

Did this problem get resolved, or can anyone point me in the right direction?  I am really excited about this plugin and can't wait to get it working correctly.

thanks!

More
14 years 9 months ago #24126 by jollyjoe
Whoops-- sorry, forgot to include my site:
tinytowntimes.com/
The front page article is the one that has one comment in it, but lists "0 comments".

Thanks!

More
14 years 8 months ago #24127 by snuxy
I have the same issues. No one knows how to this to be fixed?

• Olivier Karfis
  • Co Founder of FrenchToday.com
More
14 years 8 months ago #24128 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: Display issue with "View Comments" / "0 Comments"
Same thing is happening to me.  Category Blog Layout page shows 0 comments for all threads, yet if I select the actual article, they actually do have comments in them...

See:

www.frenchtoday.com/blog/ <-- Shows 0 Comments for every article

www.frenchtoday.com/blog/dont-visit-paris-near-bastille-day <-- Actually has 2 comments in it

Thanks for your help! 

--Olivier

• Olivier Karfis
  • Co Founder of FrenchToday.com
More
14 years 8 months ago #24129 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: Display issue with "View Comments" / "0 Comments"
Interesting... It seems that disabling the pluging, clearing cache and then re-enabling it has made that work again (although I had cleaned caches before without any changes)...

Will keep an eye on it because I saw it work before and then break again...

More
14 years 8 months ago #24130 by mgladdish
Hmm, I'm having the same problem, too. An article has two comments, but the front page of my site still thinks there's zero. I tried olivierk's suggestion, but that hasn't made any difference.

Do the joomlaworks guys check these forums? There's a number of bug threads I've seen now with no support.

More
14 years 7 months ago #24131 by samba99
also have same probleme on www.samba99.be

i tried already almost everything, but really can't fix it...

anyone?