Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Thumbnails and text in Movie-template are centered

• paul_g
  • paul_g's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42082 by paul_g
Hi,

I use the JA Purity II template in Joomla 1.5.23. In the FPSS 3.0 Movie-slideshow the thumbnails and text are not alligned to the left but are centered.
The main picture is also not exactly centered (small black border on top and left of the picture) so I guess I have to adjust margin in the movie-template.
I have applied the margin-settings for V2.9.4. in the movie template but this doesn't work for V3.0.

Does anyone have an suggestion how I can modify the margin? This will probably also adjust the thumbnails more to the left.

Thanks,

Paul  

* problem with the template is solved by disabling the JQery-setting in in the module Gtranslate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IMS Gesellschaft für Informations- und Managementsysteme mbH
  • IMS Gesellschaft für Informations- und Managementsysteme mbH's Avatar
More
12 years 8 months ago #42083 by IMS Gesellschaft für Informations- und Managementsysteme mbH
Replied by IMS Gesellschaft für Informations- und Managementsysteme mbH on topic Re: Thumbnails and text in Movie-template are centered

also have the problem that my JA Purity II template doesn't work correct

I´ve had the same prob. Try do disable any CSS-compression (plugins like JCH_optimize, JA_compress, RokGzipper or  jFinalizer).

Regards, alt_f4

More
12 years 8 months ago #42084 by JoomlaWorks
Maybe there is some rule in your template's CSS that perhaps overrides the slideshow's CSS... Consult your template provider.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• paul_g
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42085 by paul_g
Hi Fotis,

Thanks for your response. In FPSS 2.9.4 I use the same template (Joomlart JA Purity II) as with FPSS 3.0 and only had to add margin in the FPSS Movie-template because of the misplaced image and thumbnails like this:

#fpss-container img {border: medium none;}

to this:

#fpss-container img {border: medium none;margin:0;}

I couldn't find the exact line in FPSS 3.0 movie template so I changed this:

.fpss-template-movies img {border:none;}

to this:

.fpss-template-movies img {border:none;margin:0;}

But without any result. Maybe I'm looking to the wrong lines to edit.

See the result in the added image so far. As you can see there's a small black border on the left and the top of the mainpicture and the thumbnails are placed in the middle in stead off more to the left.
Also the pics in thumbails are placed out of the middle and the grey slidingbar isn't completely filled out to the right during the slide to the next thumbnail.

Can you help me with this?

• paul_g
More
12 years 8 months ago #42086 by paul_g
Any suggestions to my previous post which helps me in the right direction to solve these issues?

Greetings, Paul

More
12 years 8 months ago #42087 by Katia
This is a css conflict with your template. Please provide us with a link to your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• paul_g
More
12 years 8 months ago #42088 by paul_g
Hi Katia,

At this moment I have this situation in my local test environment with WAMP, Joomla 1.5.23., FPSS 3.0 and the JA Purity II template. On my production site I have Joomla 1.5.23 with FPSS 2.9.4 and the same template and that works just fine.
I always test (and modify)new extensions local before uploading. As soon as I have installed FPSS 3.0 online I'll give you a link.

Greetings, Paul

• paul_g
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42089 by paul_g
I solved the black border on top and left of the main image after searching in Firebug
and editing line 311 in the template.css from the JA Purity II template like this:

/*Inline images ---*/
img.caption { margin-top: 5px; }

.img_caption { color: #999; margin-bottom: 10px; }

.article-content img { margin: 0px; }    <---- changed from 5 to 0 px

I'm not sure what influence this modification has to the rest of my website but everything looks okay so far...

What remains is the adjustment of the thumbnails in the sidebar and the grey sliding bar.( see the example image in my earlier post)
I tried to solve it by trying all possible combination in the FPSS module settings "slideshow viewport width" and the "sidebar width" but when the sliding bar finally fits, the text around the thumbnails doesn't and so on.  :'(

Is this also a css conflict or can I modify this in the movie-template?

More
12 years 8 months ago #42090 by Katia
I could help you if you had provided me with a link to your page...

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 7 months ago #42091 by EasiStudio

Can you help me with this?

Did you ever fix this? I have exactly the same issue.