Keyword

Problems related to comments

More
14 years 7 months ago #70564 by dirk80
Replied by dirk80 on topic Problems related to comments
I have an template override for my standand joomla template but I have changed nothing on k2. I just installed k2 and added nothing.
In my standard template override I using for the com_content only the default.php and form.php but there is no "comment-form" or "comment" inside.

when I am adding a comment and text is "Comment added and waiting for approval." wihtout template the url changed to index2.php.

Lefteris Kavadas said:I mean that you may have override the default K2 templates on your template.... Is there on your page a form with such an id ("comment-form") ?
Dirk said:which template? My joomla Template has nothing to do with comments or forms. I don't know what you mean. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure that the template you are using is producing a form with id="comment-form" for your comments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70565 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems related to comments
Hi. Look on templates/yourtemplate/html/ for a folder named com_k2. If that folder exists then you are overriding the default K2 templates.

Dirk said:I have an template override for my standand joomla template but I have changed nothing on k2. I just installed k2 and added nothing. In my standard template override I using for the com_content only the default.php and form.php but there is no "comment-form" or "comment" inside.

when I am adding a comment and text is "Comment added and waiting for approval." wihtout template the url changed to index2.php.

Lefteris Kavadas said:I mean that you may have override the default K2 templates on your template.... Is there on your page a form with such an id ("comment-form") ? Dirk said:which template? My joomla Template has nothing to do with comments or forms. I don't know what you mean. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure that the template you are using is producing a form with id="comment-form" for your comments.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #70566 by James Lahm
Replied by James Lahm on topic Problems related to comments
I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed.

Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated!

Jim

More
14 years 7 months ago #70567 by Lefteris
Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template.

Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed.
Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated!

Jim

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #70568 by James Lahm
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function?

Many thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template.
Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated!

Jim

More
14 years 7 months ago #70569 by Lefteris
Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded.

Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function?
Many thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template. Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated!
Jim

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #70570 by James Lahm
Hmm, you might be onto something. With the default rhuk_milkyway template it works fine. Mootools.js was referenced with the default theme and our theme (which is a modified version of rhuk_milkyway - mostly CSS changes). One thing I noticed: I was getting the javascript error "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" on every page, not just the comment page. Why would the k2.js line "if ($('comment-form')) { " be true if there wasn't anything with this value on the page? I put an alert in an it indeed was evaluating as true even though there was nothing with this value in the HTML file.

Thanks again for your continued help.

Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded.
Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function? Many thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template. Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated! Jim

More
14 years 7 months ago #70571 by James Lahm
As a follow-up, I checked further and found that the key difference between the two templates was that I was loading jquery-1.3.2.js in my new template. When I temporarily disabled it, the k2.js javascript error disappeared and everything worked. Is there some issue with both mootools and jquery being loaded at the same time?

Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded.
Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function? Many thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template. Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated! Jim

More
14 years 7 months ago #70572 by Lefteris
Hi. If you load both mootools and jQuery then ensure that jQuery is loaded in no conflict mode.

Jim Lahm said:As a follow-up, I checked further and found that the key difference between the two templates was that I was loading jquery-1.3.2.js in my new template. When I temporarily disabled it, the k2.js javascript error disappeared and everything worked. Is there some issue with both mootools and jquery being loaded at the same time?
Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded. Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function? Many thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #70573 by Rich Powell
Replied by Rich Powell on topic Problems related to comments
Using Affinity RocketTheme, multiple js loads, getting the same error. Do have a form with id="comment-form" defined in page though. Also overriding the default k2 templates. Not loading jQuery. Any thoughts on troubleshooting the js? Latest version of k2 (Last update: September 9th, 2009 - v2.1)