Keyword

reviews plugin

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #70696 by bunglehaze
reviews plugin was created by bunglehaze
Just looking over my site and I have come to the realisation that if K2 had a review plugin I could remove my jreviews component entirely and keep all the content together. Is this something that could be done or is being thought up currently?

K2 is an ideal platform to be able to add a reviews side to it allowing custom parameters for each rating, the tagging system within K2 would also help with cross promotion.

cheers

leigh :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70697 by Marcel Plomp
Replied by Marcel Plomp on topic reviews plugin
Great idea, I'm also using Jreviews and would love it when K2 gets some review plugin so I can stop using jreviews

More
14 years 8 months ago #70698 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic reviews plugin
K2 already has comments capability and a comments module. At most wouldn't you only need a category for each item to host multiple reviews?

Please explain in more detail.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70699 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic reviews plugin
I would also liek to see a review feature in K2... any one know if there are any plans for such a plugin?

More
14 years 7 months ago #70700 by Markus Thiel
No such plans?

More
14 years 7 months ago #70701 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic reviews plugin
K2 designed with the idea of full expanding features.. Exactly as dreamweaver, photoshop when using more plug-ins and add-on..
We must focus here on this forum on how to deal, design, and develop those little handy plug-in..

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #70702 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic reviews plugin
Just dragging this thread up again as I am building another community site that really needs a reviews function and I am hoping that after all this time someone has developed a product that will do this?

leigh

More
14 years 1 week ago #70703 by Markus Thiel
Try using jReviews.. works great for me (using the "everywhere" plugin)

bunglehaze said:Just dragging this thread up again as I am building another community site that really needs a reviews function and I am hoping that after all this time someone has developed a product that will do this?
leigh

More
14 years 1 week ago #70704 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic reviews plugin
Markus,

Where did you get the "everywhere" plugin?

Simon
K2 Support

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #70705 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic reviews plugin
Markus, I already use jreviews which is why I started the thread originally, on free community sites a $160 license for each one is a bit much.

I have managed to implement a temporary solution using a sprite and css (on this link : OK..Snowboard Review ) but I am really hoping someone here can elaborate on the idea and turn it into a plugin - the example is linked below:

Instead of having to input the div and spans for the conclusion area and ratings it would be much better if there was a text field for the conclusion, text fields for each of the rating criteria and then a way to rate in half point increments.

I know that there are a few people that would like to see this function within K2 and if jreviews was not so expensive or offered a multi site license it would be manageable but I am attempting to do this whole thing entirely with K2 and if it works it adds a whole new set of dimensions to what it can already do.

leigh
Attachments: