Keyword

itemextrafield questions

• Paul MacLennan
  • Paul MacLennan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 day ago #83266 by Paul MacLennan
itemextrafield questions was created by Paul MacLennan
Hey all,I can see there have been various questions asked about the itemextrafield but I can't quite work out the answers due to my lack of skills.  Hopefully someone can work out a few questions I have (and thank you for anyone that helps).My questions are
How to add the article title (item title) to the extra field group?  So if the extra field group is called "Additional info" it would read "Additional info *ARTICLE TITLE HERE*" (I have asked the question but had it in a different discussion community.getk2.org/xn/detail/3536014:Comment:57394)
How to have a Extra field as an image?  Usually it would be something like "Price" then "VALUE", instead I would like an image to replace the "price" text.
Is it possible to put in the values of the extra fields into a native joomla article and then import to k2?  So if I have 2 fields

Date:  15 March 2011Price:  $2.99To input the these fields as html code (or if you have a better idea as I'm guessing this all here) and when I import this into K2 it will be displayed in the relevant fields.  A massive thanks to those who can shed any light on my problems here :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul MacLennan
More
14 years 1 day ago #83267 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic itemextrafield questions
If anyone has any idea to just one of these questions above please let me know. I'm making a journal of using K2 for my site.

• Paul MacLennan
More
13 years 11 months ago #83268 by Paul MacLennan
Do you think I should stick this in the "Advanced K2 Users" section?

• Paul MacLennan
More
13 years 11 months ago #83269 by Paul MacLennan
OK I have the last question answered by using a K2 Import component which really does the trick (thanks Artur). Still need some advice on how to make the article title dynamically appear with the "extra field group" title. EG Article is "My article" and extra field group title is "Additional info for" then this would appear : "Addition info My article"

The above would really be beneficial for SEO purposes because the extra field groups use header tags, so would be ideal to keep them different for every page.

I'm still trying to also track down the solution for getting a item field name to appear as an image. I did ask this on K2joom before and was kindly answered by Simon, but I never implemented (figuring that I could use the advice after other tweaking). If anyone could enlighten me on what to do I would be very appreciative.

More
13 years 11 months ago #83270 by william white
Replied by william white on topic itemextrafield questions
How to have a Extra field as an image?
Version 2.3 will have a new kind of extra field with wysiwyg editing - html
this will allow you to insert an image

• Paul MacLennan
More
13 years 11 months ago #83271 by Paul MacLennan
That sounds really nice....glad to see it's not an unusual request and that it's gonna be put in the next version. Now just need to figure out the last question. How to dynamically insert the article title into the extra field group name.

Thanks for the reply William :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #83272 by william white
Not sure what exactly you mean by this? can you post an example, as a extra field group name is created in the backend when adding a new extra field group.
Are you trying to do this in combination of your import process?
Which import compoennt are you using?

• Paul MacLennan
More
13 years 11 months ago #83273 by Paul MacLennan
I'm using the k2 Import provided Artur Neumann ( community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-csv-import-tool )

I'll try and explain the situation best I can because I don't think the Import component comes into play here.

I have an article called "Wicked showing at Adelphi Theatre". I have the content as usual and in the field group I want the title to be

Additional info for "Wicked showing at Adelphi Theatre" - This would be the extra field group (group name)
Venue:Adelphi theatre -extra field
Price:$99 - extra field
Event starts: 9pm -extra field
ect

So basically I would somehow take the "items" title (article title) and place it with the group name

More
13 years 11 months ago #83274 by william white
Ok, are you using a special template for this category?
If not you should because you will need to modify the item.php file and you probably dont want to change the core files.
pm me with the address of a page your trying to do this to

• Paul MacLennan
More
13 years 11 months ago #83275 by Paul MacLennan
I copied created a simple template by copying all the default into a new folder so i could play around with things without doing major damage. The site I'm using is for testing purposes so there's no real content. I want to mess around as much as possible so I can convert my other site to K2. Here's a my test site london-tickets.info/Wembley-Arena/24-May-2010-England-V-Mexico-Wembley-Stadium-Tickets.html