Keyword

Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89598 by Nick Texidor
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says:

$handle = new upload($image);

add a line under this as follows:

echo $handle->log; exit;

Now go and try to add an image to a K2 page. You should see the output of the log file that class.upload.php creates. Hopefully this might give you another clue.

Remember to remove that line once you've seen the log and whether it contains any errors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pieter Willemsen
  • Pieter Willemsen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Owner, Senseven Reclame & Webdesign Bureau
More
13 years 6 months ago #89599 by Pieter Willemsen
Replied by Pieter Willemsen on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
This is the log I got when uploading an image.

system information
- class version : 0.29
- operating system : Linux
- PHP version : 5.2.12
- GD version : 2.0.34
- supported image types : png jpg gif bmp
- open_basedir : no restriction
- language : en_GB
source is an uploaded file
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
- Fileinfo PECL extension deactivated
- UNIX file() command is deactivated
- mime.magic file (mime_content_type()) is deactivated
- Checking MIME type with getimagesize()
MIME type detected as image/jpeg by PHP getimagesize() function
- MIME validated as image/jpeg
source variables
- You can use all these before calling process()
file_src_name : robinenpieter.jpg
file_src_name_body : robinenpieter
file_src_name_ext : jpg
file_src_pathname : /tmp/phpMjFQ5v
file_src_mime : image/jpeg
file_src_size : 138294 (max= 0)
file_src_error : 0
- source file is an image
image_src_x : 400
image_src_y : 400
image_src_pixels : 160000
image_src_type : jpg
image_src_bits : 8

my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks again for your help

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says:
$handle = new upload($image);

echo $handle->log; exit;

Now go and try to add an image to a K2 page. You should see the output of the log file that class.upload.php creates. Hopefully this might give you another clue.

Remember to remove that line once you've seen the log and whether it contains any errors.

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89600 by Nick Texidor
Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok. 
I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image.

system information
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
source variables

my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks again for your help

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image);

echo $handle->log; exit;

• Pieter Willemsen
  • Pieter Willemsen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Owner, Senseven Reclame & Webdesign Bureau
More
13 years 6 months ago #89601 by Pieter Willemsen
Replied by Pieter Willemsen on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
jes :) all sub folders are on 777

I can give you the login codes if you have time?

Nick Texidor said:Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok.  I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image.
system information
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
source variables

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image); add a line under this as follows:

echo $handle->log; exit;

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89602 by Nick Texidor
Hi Pieter, did you make any progress? I sent you an email last night, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Pieter Willemsen said:jes :) all sub folders are on 777
I can give you the login codes if you have time?

Nick Texidor said:Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok.  I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image. system information
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
source variables

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image); add a line under this as follows:
echo $handle->log; exit;

More
13 years 6 months ago #89603 by peter cowen
Replied by peter cowen on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
Hi,

I've got a similar problem uploading images anywhere around K2 and getting a blank screen. I've seen half a dozen other threads and posted two of my own and they get the same reply and then the thread dies.

If you guys find a solution (and I hope you do otherwise I have to stop using K2) then hopfeully it will sort out my problems as well. Just as a bit of a background I'm now using a clean install with minimal other components (just JCE and Akeeba) and I can't get an error message despite having all error reporting on. I'm not very PHP savvy like you gentleman but I'll follow this with interest.

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89604 by Nick Texidor
Hi Peter,

Have you tried any of the suggestions I mentioned above? The first being to edit the class.upload.php file and change the MIME check variables to false.

If that doesn't work, I'd be adding in the line that displays the log file.

I've helped Pieter resolve his problem, it turns out his php.ini file was setting the maximum file upload size to 0MB, meaning nothing would upload. Adding the bit of code that displays the log file as I mentioned in an earlier message would hopefully show whether the problem lies in the uploading.

If you'd like a hand trying to resolve it, please send me a private message with your email address and we can go from there.

N

peter cowen said:Hi,
I've got a similar problem uploading images anywhere around K2 and getting a blank screen. I've seen half a dozen other threads and posted two of my own and they get the same reply and then the thread dies.

If you guys find a solution (and I hope you do otherwise I have to stop using K2) then hopfeully it will sort out my problems as well. Just as a bit of a background I'm now using a clean install with minimal other components (just JCE and Akeeba) and I can't get an error message despite having all error reporting on. I'm not very PHP savvy like you gentleman but I'll follow this with interest.

More
13 years 2 months ago #89605 by Triumvirato
Replied by Triumvirato on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
hello!

Is this solved?

i´m newbie in joomla and have the same problem. I'm not able to upload images from the image tab, and cannot select an image from the server, which was uploaded by ftp. In either cases, i recived a navigator blank screen when push apply or save button.

In my page information about K2, all the permissions directory are "writable". Also the directory "cache" and subdirectories. In image GD library is set to bundled (2.0.34 compatible).

Web Server
Apache

Version PHP

Version MySQL

Libreria imagen GD
bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Multibyte string support
Habilitado

Limit upload
16M

Limite memory
64M

Abrir archivos remotos (permitir url fopen)
Yes

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #89606 by Nick Texidor
There are a couple of things it can be related to, so the best thing to do is to display the log created by the upload class, and go from there:

in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says:

$handle = new upload($image);add a line under this as follows:echo $handle->log; exit;Now go and try to add an image to a K2 page. You should see the output of the log file that class.upload.php creates. Hopefully this might give you another clue, but post it here if you aren't sure.Remember to remove that line once you've seen the log and whether it contains any errors. 

N

More
13 years 2 months ago #89607 by peter cowen
Replied by peter cowen on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
Hey,

I didn't actually solve that, a web designer and web host solved it for me.  Christiaan from Spiders Web Design determined that it was a problem with my server.  I could have contacted my host to change the server appropriately (or he would have done it for me) but I opted for a much easier option, I transferred my hosting package over to him and the problem was solved straight away.

It was a good choice.  I've got my hands so full of just trying to learn how to design websites (doing great though I think) that I really didn't want to start learning about the various server problems I might come across.

Cheers.

Pete