Keyword

How to show Images in an Item?

• World View Images
  • World View Images's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #103342 by World View Images
How to show Images in an Item? was created by World View Images
I am able to upload images and videos using the Image and Media tabs, The media shows up fine, but when I save this I am taken back to the Item and there is no Image or video. How do I get this media to show up in the Item?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #103343 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to show Images in an Item?
Hi. What do you mean that the media shows up fine? Did you see the image or not? To add an image you need to upload one or use an existing one with the corresponding buttons. After that you need to click the Save button.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #103344 by Lefteris
You may also need to check that the directory permissions are fine. Go to K2->Information and look out for any unwritable directories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• World View Images
More
11 years 8 months ago #103345 by World View Images
Replied by World View Images on topic Re: How to show Images in an Item?
What I mean is that the image or video uploads, and is viewable under the image tab or media tab, but when I save, the image or video clip does not show up in my item. What do I need to do to get my uploaded image or video to show in my article ... er Item? Do I need to write a tag? Do I need to use the image tool from my text editor to go find the uploaded image and place it like I would in a Joomla article?

Some how I thought that it would just show up in my item...

All of my directories are writable

More
11 years 8 months ago #103346 by Lefteris
Do you see the image in the backend AFTER saving the item? If so the image is uploaded. Go to the category settings ( in category edit page ) and check the relevant options for showing/hiding image and media.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• World View Images
More
11 years 7 months ago #103347 by World View Images
Yes the image shows up in the back End. The image icon shows up in the Item listing screen, just not in the actual image itself. I have triple checked to make sure that every possible image setting is set to "show" in both category and item. Still no joy. I have done a clean install with all of the latest versions, and still no images in the Item. I am starting to think that this must have something to do with my server not having the right software to show these, but I am not getting any warnings, either in the installation or in the information panel.

More
11 years 7 months ago #103348 by Lefteris
If you click the preview button in the administration list, do you see the image? Are you using a custom template? If so try to switch to Joomla! default template, in case your template miss some code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• World View Images
More
11 years 7 months ago #103349 by World View Images
I am using the default template and yes the image shows up in the image tab and in the administration list. I can click on it in both places and get the popup.

Perhaps I am missing the big point? Is there something that I need to do when I am taken back to the item page, in order to get the image to show, like a tag of some kind? Is the image supposed to show automatically, or do I still need to select it using the image tool of the text editor...

• World View Images
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #103350 by World View Images
Alright ... So I finally decided to try linking my test items to a menu item to see if the images would show up when I actually posted an item to my site, and ...... lo and behold on the front end, the image shows up fine! Hmmmmm

Is this normal behavior? Do you have to actually make an item live to see the assigned image show up, or am I still missing something?

My next question would be .... how do you have more than one image in your items? As a photographer, my blog articles typically have up to 10 images with text flowing nicely around my images. How do you do this with a K2 Item?

Thanks for any insights

More
11 years 7 months ago #103351 by Lefteris
You need to create a menu link to an item or a category so you can navigate in the front-end. Regarding the multiple images, K2 can handle image galleries using the SIG Pro plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---