Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 500 Internal Server Error)

• Kelsey Brookes
01 Jun 2012 09:55
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

Category: English K2 Community

Hi DDD,

I've meant to post this before now, but for me I've had success with an upgrade to php 5.3, which on site5 can be achieved via .htaccess.

After updating from 5.2 I've had no more issues, although Adrian told me off-forum that he's still had a few issues, tho not as many.
01 Jun 2012 09:49

Hi Adrian,

have you found a solution to this issue?

Thank you very much
  • Kelsey Brookes
25 May 2012 00:44 - 25 May 2012 01:28
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

Adrian, can you email me any details of your correspondence with Site5 - particularly which site of yours is affected and any ticket numbers associated with support?

That way we can combine forces and try to get this resolved quickly.

kelsey (at) thinksync (dot) com (dot) au

So the site transitioned to GoDaddy doesn't have this issue?

Imagine that. GoDaddy actually being more stable than another host. The mind boggles.
  • Ismael Trejo Serrano
24 May 2012 19:45
Urgent: 500 error on K2 component was created by Ismael Trejo Serrano

Urgent: 500 error on K2 component

I keep getting a 500 error when i try to access K2 Component, it seem I can access Categories, comments, tags, any other section except list items.
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache Server at informativosonora.tv Port 80
  • Adrian Aguilera
24 May 2012 19:15
Replied by Adrian Aguilera on topic Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

All my sites hosted at site5 have the same issue now, they just stop working when I upload an image to a k2 item.

I have some sites using k2 in site5, different versions of k2 and joomla (1.5, 1.7 and 2.5), all with the same problem.

I assume it's something that they changed on their servers, now i'm getting help from site5 staff to solve this, hope to have good news soon.

I migrated a copy of a site to a godaddy.com server to test, and it worked well.
  • Kelsey Brookes
24 May 2012 02:27

That's the error I get also. They told me that it was usually a memory error thing - I increased the memory to no avail.

Please do let me know how you go an another server. I was considering this kind of migration also, but I don't have one easily available.
  • Adrian Aguilera
22 May 2012 16:30
Replied by Adrian Aguilera on topic Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

I'm trying to solve this with the help from site5 support staff, this is some of the information they gave me:

"I was able to reproduce it and here is what I found in server logs:
[Mon May 21 19:30:06 2012] [error] [client 5.12.33.178] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://mydomain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=25

Usually this error comes from a permission error, or due a incomplete script. I've reset all your permissions to 644 (default ones) . Please try again and let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with."

It's still not working. I also uploaded again all the files in binary mode, but nothing.
I have other sites hosted on site5 with k2 component working fine, so I'm going to migrate this site to another site5 host (same server), to see what happens. If it doesn't works I'll try with another server (outside site5).

I'll keep you informed about the results. Wish me luck.
  • Kelsey Brookes
22 May 2012 07:36

Monkums, are you on site5 also? I am, Adrian is...

My error logs have been less than informative - what about yours?

The absolute weirdest thing is that I went back and deleted the seriously large files that my client had uploaded, resized them and re-uploaded them. No problems.

But the later items still generate a 500 error.

It's really, really odd and I don't know where to go to track down the problem.
  • Adrian Aguilera
21 May 2012 16:57

I have the same issue, only uploading images for items (images for categories, videos or other media works fine)

already done this:
- check file/folder permissions. ok
- check php configuration. ok
- update k2. ok (using 2.4. update to 2.5.7)
- check k2 permissions/configuration. ok
- chech joomla permissions/configuration. ok (Joomla! v.1.7.2)
- upload files to server again.
- check DB tables for errors. ok

I'm using a site5.com shared hosting, my site works fine in the local server (MAMP), I don't know what else can I do.
  • Kelsey Brookes
17 May 2012 22:40

Lucky you! Those image sizes are huge!

I wonder if there isn't some kind of cumulative memory issue from having a truckload of very large images in the database/filesystem?
  • Tim Weston
17 May 2012 13:47

After a bit of testing it seems that I can add a photo that has a maximum size of 2500px X 1667px. Any bigger and it dumps me back to the index page.

With video I'm OK at 300px wide but 480px wide has the same effect.
  • Kelsey Brookes
17 May 2012 11:39

It's sort of quasi working if I only upload super-tiny images (below 300px X 300px). Filesize doesn't seem to matter.

But it's previously been able to upload much much larger images.
  • Tim Weston
17 May 2012 10:44

I'm having similar issues although without the error message.

All was fine but now things don't seem to be working porperly.

Now when I add any media to an item (photo or video) when I click save I get taken back to the joomla admin index page and the item is not saved.
  • Kelsey Brookes
17 May 2012 03:08

Further weirdness: in the item list in the backend, these problematic items are showing up with an icon in the 'image' column and you can click on this image and it will load the correct image.

However if you then edit the item, it does not show any image attached and it doesn't show in the frontend either. Items that saved properly previously DO show their images in the front end.
  • Kelsey Brookes
17 May 2012 02:34

We've been working on populating a K2-driven client site with a reasonable number of articles.

Each article has both an Item Image and a SIG Pro Gallery.

We've gotten through perhaps 30 or 40 articles with no problem - each with content, tags, item images, SIG Galleries and attachments.

Suddenly we've hit a wall where adding an item image results in a 500 Internal Server error.

It is *not* the uploading of the image that is the problem - they upload fine through the media manager. Using the "browser for image on server" button and selecting an image that way also results in the 500 error.

It's the act of *saving* an image that generates the error.

Using SIG Pro galleries or adding attachments don't generate this error.

Would really appreciate some help.
  • william white
29 Apr 2012 13:11
Replied by william white on topic Install K2 just produces 500 Internal Server Error

Install K2 just produces 500 Internal Server Error

this is most likely a server issue
increase your php timeout
increase your maximum file uploade size
be sure that your server has mb_string enabled
k2 should install like any other component
  • rexdtripod
29 Apr 2012 04:51

Install K2 just produces 500 Internal Server Error

K2 tutorial at www.alltogetherasawhole.org/profiles/blogs/k2-tutorial-a-step-by-step step #2 says "Install K2 using the Joomla EXTENSION MANAGER".

That just produces an Internal Server Error.

Running
Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable [ senu takaa ama busani ] 27-March-2012 18:00 GMT
PHP Version 5.3.10

Apache server error log produces no further detail.

What am I doing wrong here?
  • promobit
27 Apr 2012 08:15

Invalid login gives HTTP Error 500 Internal server

Set the folder
logs
and file error.php
to CHMOD 777
  • Peter
22 Apr 2012 16:51 - 22 Apr 2012 16:52

K2 user registration link gives me an error 500

I just realized yesterday, that nobody is able anymore to register an account at my site.

if somebody clicks at the "register" link eiter on the k2_user modul or the original joomla login modul.

i will get an error 500 (internal server error)

mobtivity.com/index.php/de/component/users/?view=registration

that is what it says.

if i disable the k2-user profile plugin, i will get the original joomla registration site and it is working fine.

any ideas or fixes?
  • Ashfaq Rahman
11 Apr 2012 16:25

K2 module producing Internal server error on home

Hi everyone

Recently I have upgraded my server to the latest php 5.3.10 . After that I noticed that my joomla site showing an Internal server error . But all the other pages and admin section were OK . I have tried every way and then disabled all the k2_content_modules on the homepage and now site is working fine . Basically the error I,m getting in the error log is file not exist/found error . Its indicating my template/css/k2.css which is absolutely OK when I have checked . I,m also getting a 404.shtml , 500.shtml not fund error also .Not understanding what is the reason. Can anyone help please ?

Thanks
Displaying 121 - 140 out of 229 results.