Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• GreenDome
13 Mar 2010 14:33
Replied by GreenDome on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

'One css per k2 template' plugin

Category: English K2 Community

Olivier,

Sorry about that i did paste the coding but it got scripted out. I have now added it to the attached file.

I do have the line in the head of the Joomlapage but its appears before the joomla template css and there's no k2.css. This maybe because none of my categories are using the default k2 template settings and in the one css per k2 template plugin, the 'keep k2 css' option is set to No.

Thank you,
GD

Olivier Nolbert said:Sorry GreedDome,
But no text or screenshot of your page head.

You should have in the a line like the one in the txt file and placed AFTER the k2.css and the joomla template css

Olivier

GreenDome said:Olivier, In the head of the Joomlapage i can see:

I got the above code by going to: View --> Page Source in Firefox - hope thats what you meant.

The css code i added in cs_style file was: h3 {font-size: 110%}

Thank you
GD

Olivier Nolbert said:GreenDome, Can you check that your css file is loaded in the head of the Joomlapage.
If it is, what is the css code you've put in this css file to change the H3 ?

The 1.2.1 update only concerns the back office notice correction.

Olivier

2010/3/12 K2 Community
GreenDome replied to your discussion "'One css per k2 template' plugin" on K2 Community

GreenDome said:Olivier, Thank for the updated version, i have installed but it hasn't made any difference or maybe its me :( The site is currently on a test server but i have attached a screen shot. I am trying to change the links on the 'more...' section as they are currently too big and spaced out. Looking at firebug its uses the H3 from template_css.css file. However, this category uses its own cs_style.css file which seems to be working fine.
When i add the H3 setting to cs_style.css file, it dont override the template_css.css file :(

Many Thanks
GD
  • Jiliko.net
13 Mar 2010 12:55
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

Sorry GreedDome,

But no text or screenshot of your page head.

You should have in the a line like the one in the txt file and placed AFTER the k2.css and the joomla template css

Olivier

GreenDome said:Olivier,
In the head of the Joomlapage i can see:

I got the above code by going to: View --> Page Source in Firefox - hope thats what you meant.

Thank you
GD

Olivier Nolbert said:GreenDome, Can you check that your css file is loaded in the head of the Joomlapage.

Olivier

2010/3/12 K2 Community
GreenDome replied to your discussion "'One css per k2 template' plugin" on K2 Community

GreenDome said:Olivier, Thank for the updated version, i have installed but it hasn't made any difference or maybe its me :( The site is currently on a test server but i have attached a screen shot. I am trying to change the links on the 'more...' section as they are currently too big and spaced out. Looking at firebug its uses the H3 from template_css.css file. However, this category uses its own cs_style.css file which seems to be working fine.

When i add the H3 setting to cs_style.css file, it dont override the template_css.css file :(

Many Thanks
GD
  • GreenDome
13 Mar 2010 12:31
Replied by GreenDome on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

Olivier,

In the head of the Joomlapage i can see:

Thank you
GD

Olivier Nolbert said:GreenDome,
Can you check that your css file is loaded in the head of the Joomlapage.

Olivier

2010/3/12 K2 Community

GreenDome said:Olivier, Thank for the updated version, i have installed but it hasn't made any difference or maybe its me :(
The site is currently on a test server but i have attached a screen shot. I am trying to change the links on the 'more...' section as they are currently too big and spaced out. Looking at firebug its uses the H3 from template_css.css file. However, this category uses its own cs_style.css file which seems to be working fine.

Many Thanks
GD
  • Jiliko.net
13 Mar 2010 00:04
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

GreenDome,

Can you check that your css file is loaded in the head of the Joomlapage.

Olivier

2010/3/12 K2 Community

GreenDome said:Olivier, Thank for the updated version, i have installed but it hasn't made any difference or maybe its me :(

The site is currently on a test server but i have attached a screen shot. I am trying to change the links on the 'more...' section as they are currently too big and spaced out. Looking at firebug its uses the H3 from template_css.css file. However, this category uses its own cs_style.css file which seems to be working fine.

Many Thanks
GD
  • Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
12 Mar 2010 19:14
Error Trying To Create New Item or View Item was created by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani

Error Trying To Create New Item or View Item

Hi.I've been using the K2 extension for a few weeks and everything has been working fine until recently.Now when I try to create a new K2 item it gives me this error:Fatal error: Call to undefined method K2ModelItem::checkSIG() in /home/besthud/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 93I tried commenting out line 93 (just to see what would happen) and it gave me an error on line 94.I am running K2 version 2.2 and DO NOT have either the SIG or SIG Pro plugins installed.  It gives me the same error when I try to access currently published items.  Error are only visible on the administrative end and I can still access the published items on the front end.Any idea how I can fix this?Thanks!Stephanie
  • jeanette hustad
05 Mar 2010 21:04

clicking on image gives SQL syntax error when opening the item/page

Hi,

I have inserted an image in my article. When clicking on the image from the category view, the item (page) opens and the image gets bigger. But on top of the page i get the following message:

No valid database connection You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND itemID!=4' at line 1 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT itemID FROM jos_k2_tags_xref WHERE tagID IN (,) AND itemID!=4

I am running joomla v. 1.5.5, latest k2 with the "beta" version for frontend editing with joomfish installed.

Maybe it has something to do with the beta version, but anyway i need to fix it.

Does anyone know how and in which file i can fix this?
  • Vanesa
26 Feb 2010 18:58
How to embed images in K2 articles? was created by Vanesa

How to embed images in K2 articles?

Hi!
I am working with Joomla! 1.5.9 on localhost, PHP version is 5.2.8 and it is running on Windows NT PC 6.0.

I installed K2 successfully. It is a really useful component and I am very happy with it. 

However, there is a little problem which is driving me crazy... as I cannot find out the solution and I am sure it has to be something so evident that I cannot see it.

Whenever I embed an image (JPG, GIF, PNG...) in a K2 article using the little icon depicting a small tree in the toolbar of the WYSIWYG editor, I can see the image properly.

However, when I save changes and go to check the result on any browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome...) all I can see is the area where the image is supposed to be displayed.

Do you know why is this happening?

Thank you so much for your help!

Vanesa

PD.: If I embed the very same image in a Joomla! article out of the K2 component, there it is! It is perfectly displayed...
  • Mike Feaster
16 Feb 2010 20:49
Replied by Mike Feaster on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Questions about Extra Fields.

Thanks for looking into this. If you go here www.theamericanbulldogclub.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=1&Itemid=18 and look at each of the listings there they are each missing different fields. It is very odd.

K2Joom said:Mike, I am in right now.
There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!
any ideas?
  • Simon Wells
16 Feb 2010 08:40
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Questions about Extra Fields.

Mike, I am in right now.

There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!

any ideas?
  • Pablo Ambram
12 Feb 2010 01:12
Replied by Pablo Ambram on topic K2 content module - Display AuthorDescription

K2 content module - Display AuthorDescription

olsen said:See this link and you will find the way to achieve it. These mod was made for K2v2.1 so probably dont work with actual version but you can check and fix it.

I am so busy know but if i find some time i will try to update it.

rgds

Hi olsen, I've installed your modded module and seems to be working fine for me, I'm just customizing it a bit but in all other senses it it exactly what I needed! The only issue that maybe you know how to customize that it doesn't show the "Administrator" author, but only the authors from the specified category. I've double checked that Admin has no articles written under that category but it's still showing.

Thanks!
  • Simon Wells
05 Feb 2010 22:38
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Notification of new comments by email

Notification of new comments by email

Hi Omar,

Sounds great, well done.

I am actually taking the weekend off, the first since before Christmas, so will take a look at this next week.
If OK with you, I will also update the write up on K2Joom and also make available the same file.
Also, I will provide another help file and a changelog in it too.

Speak soon.

Omar Ramos said:I noticed after applying this that the My Account page was no longer showing the Bio and Avatar upload fields. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that the config.xml in K2Joom's ZIP file is missing some new parameters available in 2.2 so I've updated the config.xml file in the attached zip file and things should work properly now (you may have to go into K2's backend area and check to see that the "Item Extra Fields" parameter is set to show and resave your K2 config in order for the Bio/Avatar fields to begin showing up again on the My Account Page.
Omar Ramos said:Hey guys, Yesterday afternoon I was rereading this thread and noticed that nobody had really answered the question about author notifications or notifications for reply to a post so I added in that functionality (I took K2Joom's latest 1.1 file and added the additional methods required).

In trying to test this I also across another issue where a user that is assigned to a few specific categories is then unable to comment in other categories (for permissions it's more likely that you want them to only create/edit items in those categories but you don't necessarily want to limit users to only adding comments in those few categories) so I also added the option in backend user group creation for a "Post to All Categories" permission and have included it in the zip file attached.

More on that particular issue can be found here:

The notifications for authors and commenters (and the admin notification) all seem to be working well on my end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike, The changes to the xml is just to setup what is displayed in the k2 parameters. For item.php, there are many changes but for test purposes, we did a straight like for like swap of these two files, exactly as previously mentioned. I just checked the files on the server and we are running to V2.1 version then posted a commented and it was mailed.
I then exchanged it for the v2.2, posted a comment and no notification.

I have updated the V2.2 file with the auto notification and have tested it this morning.
Attached is the zip with the 2 new files and a help file.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike C said:Hi Simon, how did you test it? You can't just overwrite item.php and config.xml because there's a lot of stuff that changed between versions 2.1 and 2.2. In other words, how did you move the notification code fragments from the old to the new without messing up the versions of those files?
  • Omar Ramos
05 Feb 2010 21:47
Replied by Omar Ramos on topic Notification of new comments by email

I noticed after applying this that the My Account page was no longer showing the Bio and Avatar upload fields. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that the config.xml in K2Joom's ZIP file is missing some new parameters available in 2.2 so I've updated the config.xml file in the attached zip file and things should work properly now (you may have to go into K2's backend area and check to see that the "Item Extra Fields" parameter is set to show and resave your K2 config in order for the Bio/Avatar fields to begin showing up again on the My Account Page.

Omar Ramos said:Hey guys,
Yesterday afternoon I was rereading this thread and noticed that nobody had really answered the question about author notifications or notifications for reply to a post so I added in that functionality (I took K2Joom's latest 1.1 file and added the additional methods required).

In trying to test this I also across another issue where a user that is assigned to a few specific categories is then unable to comment in other categories (for permissions it's more likely that you want them to only create/edit items in those categories but you don't necessarily want to limit users to only adding comments in those few categories) so I also added the option in backend user group creation for a "Post to All Categories" permission and have included it in the zip file attached.

The notifications for authors and commenters (and the admin notification) all seem to be working well on my end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike, The changes to the xml is just to setup what is displayed in the k2 parameters. For item.php, there are many changes but for test purposes, we did a straight like for like swap of these two files, exactly as previously mentioned.
I just checked the files on the server and we are running to V2.1 version then posted a commented and it was mailed.

I have updated the V2.2 file with the auto notification and have tested it this morning.

Mike C said:Hi Simon, how did you test it? You can't just overwrite item.php and config.xml because there's a lot of stuff that changed between versions 2.1 and 2.2. In other words, how did you move the notification code fragments from the old to the new without messing up the versions of those files?
  • Omar Ramos
05 Feb 2010 19:28
Replied by Omar Ramos on topic Notification of new comments by email

Hey guys,

Yesterday afternoon I was rereading this thread and noticed that nobody had really answered the question about author notifications or notifications for reply to a post so I added in that functionality (I took K2Joom's latest 1.1 file and added the additional methods required).

K2Joom said:Hi Mike, The changes to the xml is just to setup what is displayed in the k2 parameters.
For item.php, there are many changes but for test purposes, we did a straight like for like swap of these two files, exactly as previously mentioned.
I just checked the files on the server and we are running to V2.1 version then posted a commented and it was mailed.

• Simon Wells
01 Feb 2010 11:45
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Another issue - this time with extra fields...

Another issue - this time with extra fields...

Which version of K2 are you using?

For me running V2.2, all is ok.

This image show category with extra fields selected.

This image shows the item with the extra fields tab open showing the extra fields.

Please double check in case the category did not save the selection of the extra field group.
  • Giuseppe Modarelli
29 Jan 2010 19:31
canecane.com was created by Giuseppe Modarelli

canecane.com

Canecane.com powered by K2Info:Joomla v 1.5.15K2 v
2.0Features:BackendACLDifferent
level access for the two user groupsAdministratorevery user of
this group has access to all K2 categories and items.Artistsevery
user of this group can access to Artists category and can create just one item and then edit it every time he/she needs to.ItemsIn
order to create a new item the user have to choose a category first, otherwise he/she will get an error message. We had to implement this control because the client needs to show different tabs in the item form based on the category.If the user is an Artist he/she will be able
to see the Artists category only.In addition to the classic K2
item tabs (content, image, video, gallery, attachments and extrafields) we added:1) Video gallery
the user can add one or more videos
for each item and assign to each video a title and a description. The
videos can be uploaded or embedded via provider (just like the one
provided by K2)

2) Audio gallerythe user can add one or more audio files for each
item and assign to each audio file a title and a description.
3)
Picture gallerythe user can add one or more pictures for each item
and assign to each picture a title and a description.
4) Artists
gallerythe user can add one or more artist mini profile (a picture
of the artists, his/her name and role and a brief description).
5)
Awards gallerythe user can add one or more awards (a picture of the
award, the venue and a brief description).
6) Thumbnails
for
each of the 5 additional tabs and for the item itself we added a
thumbnail tab which shows the user all the elements added to that item
and let the user upload a thumb image for each of them. if the user
doesn't upload a thumb for an element a "no-thumb pic" will be shown.

Based on the choosen
category for a new (or an existing) item some of the tabs will be shown.Categories:Reels   
Content, Video (the K2 one), ThumbnailsServices    Content,
Image, ThumbnailsWorks    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards gallery, ThumbnailsArtists  
 Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery, ThumbnailsResearch
& Development    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery,
Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, ThumbnailsDownloads    Content, Attachments, ThumbnailsKeypeople   
Content, Image, Extrafields, ThumbnailsNews    Content,
ThumbnailsCustomer    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, Thumbnails, Customer
The Customer category is the same
as Works but it let the user associate an item with a particular
customer who can see the item (in the frontend) after he/she signed-in
the website.

Some screenshots:
WorksReelsCustomersFrontend
We
provided a different template for each category in order to show just
the informations related to that particular category in the way the
informations need to be displayed. Some of the categories have just the
category view (Reels, Services and Download), others have both the
category and item views. For those categories which have just the
category view the content of the item will be shown in a lightbox pane
(video, video gallery, picture gallery.).

Category view

The item view has been completely redesigned to fullfill the client
needs. Every type of element of the item belongs to a tab, and the
end-user can navigate through the tabs with a fancy mootools fade effect
(a screenshot here would help me a lot cause I'm not so good trying to
explain you what I mean XD)

Item viewVideo in lightbox
Item internal pagination
Actually the template mods are difficult for me to explain in plain and
correct english (i'm italian), so if you are interested in my work check
it out here www.canecane.com. It worths a thousand and sometimes
non-sense words :D

Future features:

Migrate to K2 v 2.2
Ajax upload
A more flexible and modular design (since we had client needs (and
deadlines) in mind we often created "ad hoc modules")

Conclusions:
I simply love K2! Joomlaworks... thank you so much!

I have one question for K2 staff and community. I tried to implement the different additional content tabs with the plugin extension but I
wasn't able to do so. Indeed I had to hack the core of K2 in order to
realize these mods. I'd rather like to write additional modules and
leave the core untouched . For this reason I cannot upgrade to the last
stable version of K2. So here it comes my question: do you think K2 will
provide this feature? (or it actually already does and I cannot see it?
XD)

Can't wait to know your opinions and criticisms about this K2 powered website!

Bye bye
  • Flavia Silveira
21 Jan 2010 22:08
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic HTML stripped from introtext

HTML stripped from introtext

It would be nice to hear from them as I have confirmed that the tags are fine on the RC install I have but not with the Stable version so it sort of proves it is related to updates done to the latest version.
I might just downgrade and see how I go from there....

Thanks,

Flavia

Chris Rault said:- LOL! Seems like the html strippers are following you around :P

I'm not sure what else to suggest, as everything is working fine my local dev site (fresh install).

Maybe someone from the K2 team can step in and offer some advice on where else to check?
  • Eric Tripp
11 Jan 2010 17:57

The body of new articles I make do not show up. Please help!!

It is bizarre. I have not changed any settings. Older articles in the same categories still show up fine but the new articles do not.

Whether it is in a category view or you click the title to open the article the main content does not show up.

Check out this example of this Category for Radio Shows. I made the article for World Puja Network a little while after I made the one for KLCU's Emotional Fitness show article.
drdarrenweissman.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=36&Itemid=161

Another user is making articles that were in previous newsletters under the Articles category and only some of those are showing up while others are not? I pushed the empty articles to pages 3 & 4.
drdarrenweissman.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=33&Itemid=145

It seems like it does this for a while when creating items and then works again?

Using Joomla Version 1.5.14
K2 2.1
Thank you!
  • Yuri Popov
10 Jan 2010 20:05
DB function failed with error number 1064 was created by Yuri Popov

DB function failed with error number 1064

When i upload file i see error:

DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=1' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=1
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Z:\home\butusik.loc\www\components\com_k2\sef_ext\com_k2.php on line 99

I try this solution (www.joomvision.com/Blog/How-to-solve-the-K2-Database-error-DB-function-failed-with-error-number-1064.html) but it doesn't help me.

HELP!!!
  • Simon Wells
03 Jan 2010 12:26
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Flash/Swf in articles

Flash/Swf in articles

Hi,

I just created a new item and added a swf file into the source code using JCE Editor.
The swf file is displayed in the category, sub category and the item.
Check out the category page. The item is placed with in the sub category called Q&A.

This shows that K2 is capable of doing this.
Which version of K2 are you using?
  • dirk80
28 Oct 2009 19:33
Replied by dirk80 on topic Front end Posting and editing

Front end Posting and editing

Hi mtif,

I don't have the button to edit or add a new article in the frontend. I am able to add or edit in the backend but not in the frontend. I have followed your instructions and also setup your links to

../index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=[whatever user ID you want] and
/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=add&tmpl=component

I have created one article in the backend. This one is shown using the links above but I can't edit them in the frontend. I have gone trough your six steps again but could not find any differences.

I have uninstalled K2 and installed the newest version checking weather I had to delete some tables left in the database but could not find any.

I switched to english in the frontend to check if I don't see the text "Edit item" because of now translation or what ever reason. I tested the links above with a different template in case my template would hide the link but there was still nothing to see.

Any idea what I could check else or how I could find the buttons to edit or add an article?

Thanks for any help.
Dirk
Displaying 241 - 260 out of 270 results.