Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Joomla K2 user extra fields)

• Frants Combrink
07 Apr 2010 13:21
Replied by Frants Combrink on topic How does K2 compare with Mosets? (and SOBI) (and jSeBlod)

How does K2 compare with Mosets? (and SOBI) (and jSeBlod)

Category: English K2 Community

That is what I am thinking about K2. I find that it gives me only a few things in one package: Multiple categories; Extra fields which I use to display (nothing more) extra info easily; I LOVE that I can assign a category to inherent parameters from.

Yeah, that is about it. It promises a lot more though but I can't find it.

As for SOBI.....I haven't played around with it enough...maybe I should look at it again...it was just so ugly visually.

Maybe then, as you say scyllar, how bout a discussion of K2, SOBI and jSeBlod? From my readings the last couple of weeks it seems those are the main contenders (apart from Mosets which is more focused on directory listing).

I tried Alphacontent and couldn't figure out what they are offereing. FlexiContent pretty much the same. Maybe I missed what they are offering, but K2 is the best so far. SOBI I tried but it wasn't intuative and visually rather ugly. And jSeBlod is very intrecate, but hell it takes some time to figure that one out, yet jSeBlod seems like the winner function wise, as it allows ekstra fields plus the ability to use them.

What I am looking for is remenents from my days with MSAccess (10 years ago). I love how access (probably other DB managers as well) functions. How do I get that withing Joomla/K2/jSeblod/SOBI?

I feel K2 has one VERY VERY strong advantage: I picked it up within 20 minutes with really looking at a lot of documentation.

What I noticed with the tag thing in K2 which I found irritating, when I added a tag in an article, I see no reference that I added that tag to the article (am I missing something)?

But rather listen to scyllar, he is quite more articulate in his findings with K2 and SOBI....I have 4 weeks of Joomla web design under my belt.

I would love to see K2 implement a Access way of function and article management. When it comes to varied and 1000's of articles, with the current way it works (Joomla for that matter as well), your category tree becomes humongous and laborious to maintain. I am finding it as I am designing this website now, and its only a fraction of the category tree. If you use the Access approach, one can create numerous drill down paths and numerous ways of including data which makes it easier for the user to find info, as oppose to the use of an advanced filter. I believe, from a user point of view, they need to be able to find a range of info withing a specific topic without the use of a search box. A search box, particularly an advanced search box I believe is used when you have a very specific item you are looking for on a site you have been before. But this might be off topic and I created this discussion. Sorry.

Happy trails
  • Frants Combrink
30 Mar 2010 16:14
Replied by Frants Combrink on topic Images, Bugs, Work-arounds, tricks all needed

Images, Bugs, Work-arounds, tricks all needed

You raise some good points there Mongo. I want to add one which I thought K2 will solve for me easily.

6. The ability to add multiple fields to a article is great, but one needs to be able to do more than just have extra fields to look at. Those fields should allow for database management. Fields should be used to link articles to other articles or user profiles. Have a look at how MS Access (not sure about other database software) create tables. One can have two tables with information that is different to each other, but by using fields, one can link those to tables and create a new table with all the information on one table. This allows you to edit one table without affecting the related table. This is a function which I expected with Joomla as its database driven (disappointment when I didn't find it), and I expected K2 to capitalize on this function with the use of fields. The spin-off is is also to be able to use fields as links (like a integrated system filter or menu category). If I click on any of the displayed fields it will take me to a listing of all content that includes that field(s).

7. The more its said the better - Documentation

8. CSS. Better integration and more options. I am struggling to layout my pages at the moment, and it seems I will have to go into the code, which as a newbie, I am not looking forward to as it drains time resources.

I enjoy what K2 is offering me so far and with the second website I am applying it to it will work wonderfully, the first (which lead me to K2) is still a problem.
  • Pierre McCarragher
20 Mar 2010 05:07
New Component or k2 user extention was created by Pierre McCarragher

New Component or k2 user extention

Hello all,

I am new to Joomla and to k2.  I have a scuba diving related website and i would like to add a scuba buddy listing, you know find a friend to go scuba diving with.

The blog extention is greate in k2 but i need some extra fields to the users profile like.

First NameLast nameNicknameStreet Line 1  Street Line 2 City   State Province or departementZip/Postal Code   Country 

home phonework phoneOther phonecellpagerScocial network pageweb pageemailIMGenderDate of BirthDo you smokeOther information

Do i need to write a component for joomla or is there a way to do this with k2?

And is there a way for the user to select what field will stay private?

Thanks

Pierre

• JoomlaCommunity
20 Mar 2010 03:07
Replied by JoomlaCommunity on topic Bugs and improvements in Translations

Bugs and improvements in Translations

Thanks for solving th bugs in v2.2

We've taken some time to hunt some missing language strings in 2.2
Here are the results:

Missing Language Strings in admin/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini

IMPORT COMPLETED=Import Completed
USER GROUP SAVED=User Group Saved
USER SAVED=User Saved
GROUP SAVED=Group Saved
EXTRA FIELD SAVED=Extra Field Saved
TAG SAVED=Tag Saved
CATEGORY SAVED=Category Saved
NOTICE: PLEASE INSTALL JOOMLAWORKS ALLVIDEOS PLUGIN IF YOU WANT TO USE THE VIDEO FEATURES OF K2!=Notice: Please install JoomlaWorks AllVideos plugin if you want to use the video features of K2!
NOTICE: PLEASE INSTALL JOOMLAWORKS SIMPLE IMAGE GALLERY (FREE/PRO) PLUGIN IF YOU WANT TO USE THE IMAGE GALLERY FEATURES OF K2!=Notice: Please install JoomlaWorks Simple Image Gallery (Free/Pro) plugin if you want to use the image gallery features of K2!
USE THE FORM ABOVE TO REPLACE THE EXISTING VIDEO OR CHECK THIS BOX TO DELETE CURRENT VIDEO=Use the form above to replace the existing video or check this box to delete current video
WRITE A TAG AND PRESS "RETURN" OR "COMMA" TO ADD IT.=Write a tag and press "return" or "comma" to add it.
CHANGES TO ITEM SAVED=Changes to Item saved
CHANGES TO EXTRA FIELD SAVED=Chabges to Extra Field saved
CHANGES TO GROUP SAVED=Changes to Group saved
CHANGES TO USER GROUP SAVED=Changes to User Group saved
CHANGES TO USER SAVED=Changes to User saved
COMMENT SAVED=Comment saved
CHANGES TO TAG SAVED=Changes to Tag saved
CHANGES TO CATEGORY SAVED=Changes to Category saved
DELETE FAILED=Delete failed
SOME OF THE CATEGORIES HAVE NOT BEEN DELETED BECAUSE THEY HAVE ITEMS.=Some of the Categories have not been deleted because they have Items.
SOME OF THE CATEGORIES HAVE NOT BEEN DELETED BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHILD CATEGORIES.=Some of the Categories have not been deleted because they have Child Categories.

Missing language strings in /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini

VOTE=Vote
YOU HAVE ALREADY RATED THIS ITEM.=You already have rate this Item.
THANKS FOR RATING!=Thanks for rating!
COMMENT ADDED! REFRESHING PAGE...=Comment added! Refreshing page...
COMMENT ADDED AND WAITING FOR APPROVAL.=Comment added and waiting for approval.
WRITE A TAG AND PRESS "RETURN" OR "COMMA" TO ADD IT.=Write a Tag and press "Return" or "comma' to add it.
THANK YOU. YOUR COMMENT WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY.=Thank you. Your comment will be published shortly.
THE WORDS YOU TYPED DID NOT MATCH THE ONES DISPLAYED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.=The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again.
THE NAME OR EMAIL ADDRESS YOU TYPED IS ALREADY IN USE!=The Name or Email Address you typed is already in use!
YOU NEED TO FILL IN ALL REQUIRED FIELDS!=You need to fill in all Required Fields!
ITEM NOT FOUND=Item not found
INVALID E-MAIL ADDRESS!=Invalid Email Address!
NOTICE: PLEASE INSTALL THE ALLVIDEOS PLUGIN IF YOU WANT TO USE THE VIDEO FEATURES OF K2!=Notice: Please install the AllVideos plugin if you want to use the video features of K2!
NOTICE: PLEASE INSTALL THE SIMPLE IMAGE GALLERY (FREE/PRO) PLUGIN IF YOU WANT TO USE THE IMAGE GALLERY FEATURES OF K2!=Notice: Please install the Simple Image Gallery (Free/Pro) plugin if you want to use the image gallery features of K2!
VIDEO SOURCE=Video source
ITEM SAVED=Item saved

Language Strings in install.k2.php not loading and missing in admin/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini

To get the language Strings loaded on installing K2 there should be some additions in install.k2.php
after line 66:
JPlugin::loadLanguage( 'com_k2' );
before line 120 :

also in uninstall.k2.php
after line 74

Installations/ Uninstall language strings should be added in admin/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini
NOTICE: K2 CONTENT ELEMENTS FOR JOOM!FISH WERE NOT COPIED TO THE RELATED FOLDER, BECAUSE JOOM!FISH WAS NOT FOUND ON YOUR SYSTEM.=Notice: K2 Content Elements for Joom!Fish were not copied to the related folder, because Joom!Fish was not found on your sytem.
K2 INSTALLATION STATUS=K2 Installation Status
EXTENSION=Extension
STATUS=Status
COMPONENT=Component
MODULE=Module
CLIENT=Client
INSTALLED=Installed
NOT INSTALLED=Not Installed
PLUGIN=Plugin
GROUP=Group
K2 REMOVAL STATUS=K2 Removal Status
REMOVED=Removed
NOT REMOVED=Not Removed

Suggestions for updating language files:

In comparence with the previous release the order of the language strings in language files was mixed up. This makes it very hard for translations to get the changes in languagefiles. I almost had to tranlate it al over again. Also in previous release the strings were alphabetical ordered, which makes it easier to find a certain string. I would prefer to restore the alphabetical order and keep that in next releases.

Also there are many language strings for the backend and the frontend language files the same.
My suggestion would be to use 1 languagefile wich is installed on both admin and site languagefolders.

I'm attaching a language bug txt file, some code might not show properly here

TIA
  • Gobezu Sewu
01 Mar 2010 00:10

k2fields - providing you additional extra fields and extended select

Download and more instructions here.Features:
date/datetime using Joomla's widget (old and ugly but it's Joomla:s and it works)
pre-configured validated input fields for alpha, alphanum, number, real, integer, email, url
if those are not enough use your own regular expression
construct a list of the above field types and you can limit the number of elements in the list
a list can be conditioned, meaning one would be able to provide other than the value a description of the value stated (ex. if you have a price field with a list of 3 values and the varying prices have a number of conditions associated, such as, 1 night: 150USD, > 1night but < 1week: 120USD, > 1 week: 100USD)
list conditions can be simple text fields or select lists (values of which you will provide)

In addition we have nuked the existing select list so that:
users can add values to the list
values added can be made available for all users or only to the user adding the value

Please do post your questions in this thread and I will try to respond as much as I get time to do so.Please note that:
Be aware that k2fields have yet not been used on any production/live website and is still under development, but have of course been developed and now made available as a fully functional plugin. So be advised and make necessary testing before using it in production.
  • James McCarthy
23 Feb 2010 09:27
Replied by James McCarthy on topic Extra fields for users

Extra fields for users

I would love to do this as well. The combination of K2's article handling and Community Builder's registration and interaction would be a killer Joomla app! I currently have both installed but it looks like I'll have to decide which one to keep since I can't find a seamless way to integrate them.
  • suesbarn
18 Feb 2010 08:24
Replied by suesbarn on topic Keep user line breaks in comments

Keep user line breaks in comments

Thanks.
is there any way to use this to add line breaks in the extra fields text?

Piet Nutbey said:Thanks, this got it solved for me! Took a bit more, because I was using a RocketTheme template which uses template overrides for K2. At first I was wondering why the "trick" didn't work.For those using RocketTheme templates, look in: /joomla_root/templates/your_RocketTheme_template/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.phpIn the item.php file, put the code as shown in nl2brfunction.txt
  • blahblah
07 Feb 2010 02:50
Replied by blahblah on topic Joomfish Menu Translation

Joomfish Menu Translation

Did this fix ever get added to K2.2? I added this solution [menu.xml] to my K2.1 site and then I recently upgraded to K2.2. When I compare the install folder for K2.2 in admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements it includes only 7 files (none of which is menu.xml):

k2_attachments.xml
k2_categories.xml
k2_extra_fields.xml
k2_items
k2_tags
k2_users
translationK2_categoryFilter.php

I continue to have issues with tranlations in Joomfish missing the ID number at the end (see below).

If I remove the menu.xml file from admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements
then I get the error in the admin backend:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/models/ContentObject.php on line 669

Any ideas?

JoomlaWorks said:@Chucknology Thanks for that. We'll check out your solution and once we verify it works we'll integrate it into 2.2.
  • d.k.shukla
31 Jan 2010 17:53
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic Search K2 Problem

Search K2 Problem

Hi
I would like to share my other experience about full text search with latest K2 ver 2.2, it is working fine without any error at my local machine. My local system information is following.
PHP Built on: Linux 2.6.32-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 7 22:28:29 CET 2010 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.42
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.1
Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) PHP/5.3.1 with Suhosin-Patch Phusion_Passenger/2.2.2
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100105 Shiretoko/3.5.7

After doing this test it seems that error is coming due to Mysql version but I am not sure.

I hope somebody will fix this error or express their views on this behaviour.

Shukla

Stephen Robb said:I am having the same problem. The issues seems to be with the SELECT statement, and specifically the "MATCH AGAINST" clause. I'm no SQL admin, but I can extract the query K2 is sending using debug mode and edit the query to work using LIKE, but I can't get it to work with the MATCH construct. Note that the exact match option uses "BOOLEAN MODE" in the match, and this seems to work for me too.
To me it looks like K2 is creating some invalid SQL.

This works (i.e. returns rows) where search string is found:

SELECT * FROM jos_k2_items as i WHERE MATCH(i.title, i.introtext, i.`fulltext`,i.extra_fields_search,i.image_caption,i.image_credits,i.video_caption,i.video_credits,i.metadesc,i.metakey) AGAINST ('"searchstring"' IN BOOLEAN MODE)

This doesn't work (i.e. returns no rows, neither in Joomla or in phpMyAdmin):

SELECT * FROM jos_k2_items as i WHERE
MATCH(i.title, i.introtext, i.`fulltext`,i.image_caption,i.image_credits,i.video_caption,i.video_credits,i.extra_fields_search,i.metadesc,i.metakey) AGAINST ('searchsrring')
  • Giuseppe Modarelli
29 Jan 2010 19:31
canecane.com was created by Giuseppe Modarelli

canecane.com

Canecane.com powered by K2Info:Joomla v 1.5.15K2 v
2.0Features:BackendACLDifferent
level access for the two user groupsAdministratorevery user of
this group has access to all K2 categories and items.Artistsevery
user of this group can access to Artists category and can create just one item and then edit it every time he/she needs to.ItemsIn
order to create a new item the user have to choose a category first, otherwise he/she will get an error message. We had to implement this control because the client needs to show different tabs in the item form based on the category.If the user is an Artist he/she will be able
to see the Artists category only.In addition to the classic K2
item tabs (content, image, video, gallery, attachments and extrafields) we added:1) Video gallery
the user can add one or more videos
for each item and assign to each video a title and a description. The
videos can be uploaded or embedded via provider (just like the one
provided by K2)

2) Audio gallerythe user can add one or more audio files for each
item and assign to each audio file a title and a description.
3)
Picture gallerythe user can add one or more pictures for each item
and assign to each picture a title and a description.
4) Artists
gallerythe user can add one or more artist mini profile (a picture
of the artists, his/her name and role and a brief description).
5)
Awards gallerythe user can add one or more awards (a picture of the
award, the venue and a brief description).
6) Thumbnails
for
each of the 5 additional tabs and for the item itself we added a
thumbnail tab which shows the user all the elements added to that item
and let the user upload a thumb image for each of them. if the user
doesn't upload a thumb for an element a "no-thumb pic" will be shown.

Based on the choosen
category for a new (or an existing) item some of the tabs will be shown.Categories:Reels   
Content, Video (the K2 one), ThumbnailsServices    Content,
Image, ThumbnailsWorks    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards gallery, ThumbnailsArtists  
 Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery, ThumbnailsResearch
& Development    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery,
Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, ThumbnailsDownloads    Content, Attachments, ThumbnailsKeypeople   
Content, Image, Extrafields, ThumbnailsNews    Content,
ThumbnailsCustomer    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, Thumbnails, Customer
The Customer category is the same
as Works but it let the user associate an item with a particular
customer who can see the item (in the frontend) after he/she signed-in
the website.

Some screenshots:
WorksReelsCustomersFrontend
We
provided a different template for each category in order to show just
the informations related to that particular category in the way the
informations need to be displayed. Some of the categories have just the
category view (Reels, Services and Download), others have both the
category and item views. For those categories which have just the
category view the content of the item will be shown in a lightbox pane
(video, video gallery, picture gallery.).

Category view

The item view has been completely redesigned to fullfill the client
needs. Every type of element of the item belongs to a tab, and the
end-user can navigate through the tabs with a fancy mootools fade effect
(a screenshot here would help me a lot cause I'm not so good trying to
explain you what I mean XD)

Item viewVideo in lightbox
Item internal pagination
Actually the template mods are difficult for me to explain in plain and
correct english (i'm italian), so if you are interested in my work check
it out here www.canecane.com. It worths a thousand and sometimes
non-sense words :D

Future features:

Migrate to K2 v 2.2
Ajax upload
A more flexible and modular design (since we had client needs (and
deadlines) in mind we often created "ad hoc modules")

Conclusions:
I simply love K2! Joomlaworks... thank you so much!

I have one question for K2 staff and community. I tried to implement the different additional content tabs with the plugin extension but I
wasn't able to do so. Indeed I had to hack the core of K2 in order to
realize these mods. I'd rather like to write additional modules and
leave the core untouched . For this reason I cannot upgrade to the last
stable version of K2. So here it comes my question: do you think K2 will
provide this feature? (or it actually already does and I cannot see it?
XD)

Can't wait to know your opinions and criticisms about this K2 powered website!

Bye bye
  • Josh
22 Jan 2010 15:16

Disabling K2 User Profile causes newly registered users not to be added to a default k2 user group

Hi
thanks again.. thats actually what i ended up doing ( i edited the register.php template correct? ) one thing though, what if i update k2, wont that file get updated too and my changes lost?

thanks

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. If you don't want all the extra fields you can simply remove them from you template files.
Josh said:Hi and thanks for the reply. Ive tried to use the setting in the com parameters. It gives the options to use the k2 extended form or the standard joomla form. If I use the k2 form all works fine (new users are added to the relevant user group in joomla and k2) however I dont need all the extra info on the k2 form so i would like to use the default form but when i use the default login form newly registered users dont get added to any group (i need to manually assign each new registration where as when I use the k2 login all new users are added to the relevant joomla and k2 user group automatically.
any ideas? thanks..
  • Lefteris
22 Jan 2010 11:29

Disabling K2 User Profile causes newly registered users not to be added to a default k2 user group

Hi. If you don't want all the extra fields you can simply remove them from you template files.

Josh said:Hi and thanks for the reply. Ive tried to use the setting in the com parameters. It gives the options to use the k2 extended form or the standard joomla form. If I use the k2 form all works fine (new users are added to the relevant user group in joomla and k2) however I dont need all the extra info on the k2 form so i would like to use the default form but when i use the default login form newly registered users dont get added to any group (i need to manually assign each new registration where as when I use the k2 login all new users are added to the relevant joomla and k2 user group automatically.

any ideas? thanks..
  • Hin Lui
09 Dec 2009 10:02

Error on front end page after adding everything.

I am a first time user, I installed K2 to my local site for testing purposes. Everything went fine, I added EXTRA FIELD GROUPS, EXTRA FIELDS, CATEGORIES, and Finally an item. I set them to link together,

ie. "Catalog" in Extra Field Group,
"Usage" in Extra Fields
"Wine" in Categories and "Catalog" as extra fields
"Tester Wine" as item in Catalog

Everything saved fine without errors. I see everything in the back end, however, on my front end, I created a link from my main nav to K2>Item Listings>Categories, I would get a white page with the following lines,

Warning: Parameter 1 to K2ModelItem::prepareItem() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampplite\htdocs\RichOne\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99
Wine
Subscribe to this RSS feed

I tried searching google and the forums, I have no idea whats wrong.
  • Annie Jackson
08 Dec 2009 14:51
Turn off the extra registration fields. was created by Annie Jackson

Turn off the extra registration fields.

This is driving me nuts! K2 adds fields to the default Joomla registration form and there are no options in the back end to turn it off. This is unacceptable. I do not want a user avatar there because I will not be using the K2 profiles. I am using K2 for it's ability to template the content only.

I had to go into the k2.php plugin file and delete out onAfterDispatch to get rid of it but this is not a very good solution.
  • Annie Jackson
01 Dec 2009 17:25
How to use K2 to make a directory was created by Annie Jackson

How to use K2 to make a directory

Hi, I spent more than a month looking for what I thought would be a simple component. All I wanted to do was have a profile directory (for me it is for schools but it could be for your staff, for physicians, whatever). The required parameters were:
- The individual needed to be able to edit it
- I needed to be able to have specific fields which they would fill out
- Everyone needed to be able to comment / review the listing
- I did not want people to be able to create listings

I finally discovered K2 and realized I could manipulate it to do what I wanted. It also has a ton of extra features which I was not looking for but which I am going to be using. I have done a lot of work arounds in getting my site going, which I am happy to share, but this one in particular I wanted to give back to the community. Thank you to Joomlaworks for providing this as free software!

1) Create a special user group for the users that you want to have listings

2) Give these users permission to edit own items but not create listings

3) In Joomla itself you can either make these users authors or registered users. In order to assign them as the owner of a listing they must be authors, however I didn't want that because I have "real" authors on my site and I did not want the "article author" drop down menu to have hundreds of names in it. So what I did was I set them all to authors first. Then I created an article for each one and assigned them as the owner. Once it was all completely set up I changed them back to registered users. They will remain the author and thus remain capable to edit as long as you never touch the listing again. However if you open the listing to do your own edit you will have to do the changetoauthor-assignasauthor-changebacktoregistereduser trick again. (btw I actually created my listings via phpmyadmin as I have hundreds but if you will do them individually this is how you can make a registered user the author and this trick works for "regular" Joomla articles also).

4) I'm using a custom K2 template, you should too. This way you can make each area of your site that uses K2 be totally different from the other if you want. Now, for this listing I don't want the schools to much around with the title and possibly mess it up so I did the simple thing, I have the title hidden on the item and category view. I then formatted the template so that the author name looks like heading -- they are less likely to accidentally change it that way. The reason I did this is because a lot of people are really not as used to Internet stuff as we think and they may do something like change the title to "check out this cool school!" and totally mess up the directory without realizing it. Then when they did realize it they may have no idea how they did it and be afraid to tell me. I have experienced this, even my staff have made huge formatting errors in articles and I can only guess they simply do not notice that they have broken the site, despite me requesting they view everything after making edits. Of course they've lots their publishing privileges now but I don't want to have to be moderating every little change that a school makes so instead I want to lock out their ability to mess things up.

5) If you are using the Zak 2 Author CB plugin you will not be able to do this because it links the author name to the CB profile. If you still want to do this and normally have author names linked to profiles then I recommend you turn this plugin off, go get the Author Details plugin and edit the plugin code so that it links to the CB profile (I've attached the modified file, you still need the other files). This plugin doesn't show up on K2 articles so you won't have to worry about it.

Now you just have to play with the options and fiddle with your template to make it look the way you want but by following those instructions you will have a directory which only the listing owner can edit and which noone except you can add new listings to.
  • FidelGonzales
24 Nov 2009 07:28
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Catalog Products for Manufacturing Co. Using K2

Catalog Products for Manufacturing Co. Using K2

If you plan on using Virtuemart, expect to run into this issue, which has lingered since several versions back and concerns the ability within the backend admin section to select categories for the product due to an Ajax conflict.

k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/k2-conflict-w-virtuemart-ajax

If all that is necessary is a list with no serious e-commerce functionality, perhaps other than Paypal or similar payment gateway, then K2 may be an excellent choice, due to its extensive templating at the article and category levels. Much can be done in the way of populating pages and/or categories with relevant content, such as RSS news feeds and onsite content, which I use to bolster SEO on those specific pages. Add to that the use of the extra fields offered in K2, and you could have a very dynamic, feature rich and user friendly product catalog.

Otherwise, for the sake of simplicity and a less extensible platform, Wordpress may be a better platform for quick deployment and customer manageability.
  • Dutrie
24 Nov 2009 01:51

How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?

Hi all,
At this moment, there is only one CCK to try to do what CCK is on Drupal. It's jSeblod CCK because it's really a component to build any custom content and form (back-end and front-end).
And sorry Yamen Shahin but jSeblod CCK can use Joomla article, it's true, but it can be use too on many other Joomla extensions. I try it with K2, and it's work well, just be carefull to not use Joomla core fields and you can too retrieve field from K2 in your jseblod template.
jSeblod CCK is only to be usefull in other Joomla extension. I build a website with Virtuemart and i use jSeblod CCK field in my product. It's crazy.
They publish a new website and a new version (www.jseblod-cck.com).
  • rashmani
13 Nov 2009 12:22
Replied by rashmani on topic K2 Documentation

K2 Documentation

Hi Andria,

the videos I was talking about are available from K2 main page (and from JW website, I think).
Other notes:
- text size buttons: for me it sizes up text once only, it works as a switch, on-->big, off-->small (I haven't dig into .css tough) and it doesn't work for the intro text
- I've never programmed in PHP but it was relatively easy check their 'jungle' template and rearrange a few blocks of code to rework a little my pages (moving the 'read more...' link right after the intro text...)
- I've seen people complaining about tag cloud... making it work it just consisted of a) creating a copy of the K2Tool component and assigning it to a layout area/block (say, user4) c) set component parameters, i.e. tag number limit... that's it! I believe this is standard Joomla stuff even if I'm not a Joomla specialist (at all)

Being psychic? Maybe a little...
Or maybe one need to plan a working organization for categories, tags, extra fields and stuff *in advance*. I see K2 as an extremely powerful tool because it is very simple, it has basic functionalities. You need to combine those to get complex results, but hey, this is the fun part.

rash*

Andria Duncan said:rashmani said:Ok, not megabytes of docs. Still a basic and clear templating tutorial (which turns very helpful if you dig into code and play around with K2);

I could really use that link to the templating tutorial, since I completely replaced my old template with their "Jungle" template (though with modified colors) JUST SO that there would be stuff in place in the template to support K2 -- but for some reason, that font-size option thing doesn't work at all -- why? I could understand it not working, if I was using some non-Joomlaworks/Templateworks template, but I'm using one of theirs, and it still doesn't work.

*sigh*

Please, will you share those links to those things you mentioned? it's really not fair to tell me these things exist and not tell me WHERE they exist!!
  • Jonathan Heath
03 Nov 2009 14:35
Replied by Jonathan Heath on topic More User Fields?

More User Fields?

Fotis has suggested he will be blogging about this soon

I'll provide an example with a blog post RT @PhilipLocke #Joomla #K2 question: how to add extra fields to user profile/registration. anyone?
12:23 PM Nov 1st from Twitterrific

Jon
  • Yamen Shahin
23 Oct 2009 09:21
Replied by Yamen Shahin on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?

How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?

Did not mean to compare Joomla and Drupal. I want to pass on advice.
I wanted to say that the Joomla must contain the CCK.
Future versions of the Joomla would not have it.
If one felt that there was something missing from Joomla .. CCK will be.

Gobezu Sewu said:have anyone considered the extra fields available in k2, which provides what was asked for initially?
No such a thing. if their is something like that tell me how?
The question was "Can i add Extra Fields embedded in Submit an Article page for user? And how? "
The answer is no way with K2. but jSeblod can do that as MR Augusto Pissarra said.
PS: jSeblod and K2 do not complement each other or working with each other.
In fact, K2 does not work with anything.
It's Joomal stand-alone module.
Displaying 221 - 240 out of 248 results.