Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Individual IT
14 Aug 2013 09:06
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

Yes I might help you but please tell me what error message appears?
  • Luis Miguel Rosales Diz
13 Aug 2013 15:45
Replied by Luis Miguel Rosales Diz on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Dear Stavros,
I bought your extension a few days ago and i install into my k2 joomla 2.5
The problem is when i try to import my database. I select the fields in their K2 correspondent but when i push the button for begining the import appears a error message. Can you help me?
  • Kelsey Brookes
09 Aug 2013 01:49
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I'm ready to pay for a Joomla 3/K2 2.6 version also.
  • Individual IT
30 Jul 2013 16:04
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

sorry there are no news on that yet
  • Vitaly
28 Jul 2013 15:24

Hello.

Your module still dont support k2 2.6.X versions? Im using it for 2.5.7, works great. But now I need to upgrade k2 for 2.6.X.

Last time we spoke via email we've found that your module dont work properly with 2.6.x
  • Individual IT
28 Jul 2013 14:55

You have to start the import manually by pressing a button.

Here is the documentation: www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html
  • boka666
26 Jul 2013 15:11 - 26 Jul 2013 15:15

Hello,

I have a question.
The Individual K2 Import / Export 0.9a automatically import or manually when you press the button?
I do not see the description.

Thank you for your response

Norbert
  • jj ockey
22 Jun 2013 22:50

Nice app. Have used on a couple 1.5 to 2.5 migrations. Will happily purchase again when the 3.0 version comes along...very reasonably priced.
  • Ralf Longwitz
09 Jun 2013 18:47
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

What are the chances that you make it multilingual? And when? In a country with 4 official languages plus English this is an essential requirement ...
Thank you!
  • Individual IT
09 Jun 2013 06:50

At the moment the extension does not support other languages.
  • mattian
06 Jun 2013 14:07

Hi,

is there a way to import a second language? Would you have an up to date import-file to see what fields can be imported with Joomla 2.5 and your tool. I've bought it earlier a few times and not quite sure it my version is stil working on J2.5.

Greetings,
Anne
  • Chase Wong
01 Jun 2013 05:55
Replied by Chase Wong on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

@stavros What an error do you get?
Images can be imported by the full path. Check the Instruction for that: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html[/quote]

I bought this tool last week, and this is almost a perfect extension, but something I don't know how to use yet. Now I can export the csv file and add some similar items to this csv file then import to K2, it works. but I don't know how to do this for images for each item, I read your documentation, but I am not quite clear how to do step by step.

The best way I suppose should be like this:

In the backend, I add several items with extra fields and images, then I choose this category, and export it and open it with LibreOffice, according to the several sample dada, I may add more items according to sample data in the CSV file, I suppose this is easy for understanding. But I found nothing in the "Image Caption" and "Image Credits"...

Could you let me know how to do step by step? thank you!

Chase Wong
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Jacob Arlington
31 May 2013 03:24
Replied by Jacob Arlington on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

using this sql command

UPDATE perfix_k2_items SET modified=created where modified='0000-00-00 00:00:00'

replace perfix with your database perfix
  • stavroch
29 May 2013 20:39

Are you trying to export the 9000 items from mysql?
  • Tony Stark
29 May 2013 19:46
Replied by Tony Stark on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hi, one question....
i have a category with over 9000 articles in K2....when i try to export it, it seems to crash...any ideas ? there is no problem with the server that i know...or bandwidth...

please help
  • Krikor Boghossian
29 May 2013 10:42
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Export item K2 joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 or 3.0

Export item K2 joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 or 3.0

There is a service cms2cms (I think) but I have not used it.

I would try disabling all extensions apart from the really major ones and use use Admin Tools to upgrade my site.

If you are familiar with DBs you can migrate all the K2 tables and the users as well or you might find something that suits your needs in this thread .
  • Individual IT
26 May 2013 03:48

Mike wrote: As mentioned elsewhere when opening the exported csv in Excel it does not handle well non-english based languages. i found out a solution by opening first an empty excel file and then importing the csv instead of opening it directly.

Try to use LibreOffice its copes much better with CSV files

Mike wrote: q1: the end of each item is denoted by 2 commas ?

no it should be one comma. But in case of an empty field you get 2. e.g. if there is no alias it looks like:
Mike wrote: q2: in the guidelines you say that : text-fields must be enclosed within double-quote characters => ", what do you mean? in the export file i see every field enclosed like this "field"

Thats exactly what I mean, sorry for my bad english. if you have an idea how to explain it better, please tell me.

Mike wrote: q3: when i export the image path is not captured. why? how can i fix this so that to avoid manual update of images for each item?

Image export is not supported because of the ay K2 stores the images

Mike wrote: q4: can i upload price as an extra field and then associate it to kmart price field?

You can upload it as an extra field, but I never tried touse it as a kmart filed.
thank you for your support!

Individual IT wrote: I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?
The export is a text file, so if you have formated the fonts by HTML they will not look the same in the text file. And after import all the HTML code is imported but the formating also depends on the CSS and other formats on your page

[/quote]
  • Mike
22 May 2013 20:03

As mentioned elsewhere when opening the exported csv in Excel it does not handle well non-english based languages. i found out a solution by opening first an empty excel file and then importing the csv instead of opening it directly.

i wanted to concatenate the item details as each one had different entries / info. for example in one item you might have values for the following fields:

Title Alias Introtext Fulltext Tags Published Created User ID Category Name Category Description

and for another

Title Alias Introtext Fulltext Tags Published Created User ID Category Name Category Description Length Width Height Cockpit Weight Load

with the last entries applying to extra fields.

q1: the end of each item is denoted by 2 commas ?
q2: in the guidelines you say that : text-fields must be enclosed within double-quote characters => ", what do you mean? in the export file i see every field enclosed like this "field"
q3: when i export the image path is not captured. why? how can i fix this so that to avoid manual update of images for each item?
q4: can i upload price as an extra field and then associate it to kmart price field?

thank you for your support!

Individual IT wrote: I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.
What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?
The export is a text file, so if you have formated the fonts by HTML they will not look the same in the text file. And after import all the HTML code is imported but the formating also depends on the CSS and other formats on your page

• Individual IT
21 May 2013 16:03

I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.
What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?
  • Mike
21 May 2013 07:23

Individual IT wrote: first create the extra field in K2, associate it with a group and greate 2 or 3 items in this group with the different possible extra field values.
The make an export with the k2 import / export tool and you have an example file you can work with,

hi! where exactly is the example file?
i am trying to export k2 items from joomla 1.5x and then import them to 2.5.x

items description are in greek and during the export the fonts do not came up well. can you pls assist me?
Displaying 301 - 320 out of 442 results.