Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Individual IT
16 May 2013 14:50
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

sorry but that is just possible with images
  • Jesus
16 May 2013 09:59

Hi!

This is a great tool!

I have bought it some days ago and it's working perfectly.

Just one question, it is posible to import videos from local storage? How can I do that?
  • Thomas Hickinbottom
08 May 2013 15:25
Replied by Thomas Hickinbottom on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I too would be willing to donate towards this plugin becoming Joomla 3.0 compatible.

It would be also be great if it could support the popular "Additional Categories for K2" plugin.

Would this be feasible?
  • Sanjiv Khullar
03 May 2013 03:18
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I would be happy to donate towards updating your import tool to joomla 3.0
It is definitely needed
  • Individual IT
02 May 2013 15:51 - 02 May 2013 15:52
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

@Balázs Dániel - Sorry I don't understand you. Do you just need to change the default setting of the checkbox?

@Johnno The component is not Joomla 3.0 redy yet and I cannot tell you when it will
  • Johnno
02 May 2013 12:58

Hi there,

I am trying to export approx. 180 items from K2 on Joomla 1.5 install to K2 on Joomla 3.0 install. Any idea when this component will be 3.0 compatible? I really hope I didn't waste my money on this.
  • Balázs Dániel
30 Apr 2013 07:52
Replied by Balázs Dániel on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hi All!

I need priority support for this extension. I'd like to use it daily to update my k2 items/products.

My problem: There is few hundred items in my database and I'd like to update only few extrafields of them daily. The current version of the import tool set the value of non-existing fields (in csv) to default. I need it to leave the current value in database of non-existing fields and update only the fields that exists in csv file.

Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable.

I can pay for this modification. Best regards
  • Diana Myers
24 Apr 2013 23:06
Replied by Diana Myers on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I'm testing the export from Joomla 1.5.26 locally (xammp) into a clean install of Joomla 2.5.9 and I keep getting a "403 - You are not authorized to view this resource error" when I create a menu item with K2 categories. I changed the "Access" column from 0 to 1, but it didn't solve the problem. What's causing this issue and how can I fix it? Working on a client site and need an answer as soon as possible.
  • Individual IT
04 Apr 2013 03:44

Soory at the moment this tool is just tested with k2 2.5 and 2.6
  • Tom Miller
02 Apr 2013 11:29 - 02 Apr 2013 11:33
Replied by Tom Miller on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Using Joomla 2.5.8 with K2 2.6.5 with 0.9a and the issue with newly imported items not showing UNLESS you edit+save is the LANGUAGE field. Imports as blank and needs the ' * ' (star, shift + # eight).

Is there a quick fix for this? Working great besides this!
  • stavroch
07 Mar 2013 16:59

I install the new versions of k2 import component and everything works fine.

Thank u ;)
  • Individual IT
07 Mar 2013 13:54

Sorry I was on holidays when you wrote your messages.

@mikexcite How would you like the extension to react on wrong formated date. I'm happy to implement good suggestions.

@stavros What an error do you get?
Images can be imported by the full path. Check the Instruction for that: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html
  • stavroch
20 Feb 2013 19:42

The file that I am trying to upload is 8MB and it has 10.000 items but I get error message while I am trying to upload it.

How can I upload that items?

Also how the images are imported to k2 items?
  • mikexcite
09 Feb 2013 20:40

About the previous issue, the solution I found was to create a column and force something to go in to the "Publish Up" field. This will then put something in that field instead of the bad text.

You must be extremely careful that whatever spreadsheet program you use (and libreoffice does handle it better than excel - i chased that problem for at least an hour) does not make the field into a date field with a different format. Go into cell formatting and override the cells to be text fields, and make sure the date is entered exactly YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or it will not work. I don't know if specifying a date field to use that format would work.

Disappointed in this bug, because as far as I can tell I followed the instructions perfectly, but still a useful product at a reasonable price.

Mike
  • mikexcite
09 Feb 2013 20:36

Importing items from csv file Start publishing err

Hi Emma,

I had the same problem, and it is maddeningly frustrating.

The solution I found was to create a column and force something to go in to the "Publish Up" field. This will then put something in that field instead of the bad text.

You must be extremely careful that whatever spreadsheet program you use (and libreoffice does handle it better than excel - i chased that problem for at least an hour) does not make the field into a date field with a different format. Go into cell formatting and override the cells to be text fields, and make sure the date is entered exactly YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or it will not work.

Disappointed in this bug, because as far as I can tell I've followed the instructions perfectly, but still a useful product at a reasonable price. Also, I beleive the creators follow this forum for tech support and so anyone who has issues should post there.

Mike
  • mikexcite
09 Feb 2013 17:20

Hi,

This is a great utility and I have tried to follow the instructions very carefully. Everything works except I am having the same problem a couple other users reported, that K2 import is putting something strange in the "start publishing" field:

-0001-11-30 00:00:00

Which is stopping the items from appearing. I thought it might be that I was using templates, so I actually made a fresh install of Joomla and K2 just to test this, but it is still giving me the issue. The time zone is set to UTC.

The file that I am trying to upload is attached. I will PM my testing site and super user details. Thanks.

I am just at a loss.

M
  • Claude
31 Jan 2013 18:36

I guess you made a mistake when replying (tme instead of VD).
Whatever,mMy personal problem is not dates format (because it is OK with this), but in spite of that auto-saving of imported items is not working.
Obviously for the recent version of K2 (v 2.6.1) you also need to manage the "Language" parameter.
So the key is to attribute the value "*" to this parameter. i did it in the data base and my items were saved without any other actions.
So, you need to add this to your tool for being able to use it properly with current version of K2.
hope you will fix the problem soon because I have 1600 items to load !
Thanks in anticipation !
  • Individual IT
31 Jan 2013 02:34

Hi VD,
please see my post a week ago.
The date format has to be YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss e.g. 2011-03-02 11:25:00

P.S. at the moment the extension is just tested for K2 2.4.x and 2.5.x
  • Claude
30 Jan 2013 19:04

hello there at Individual IT !
Looking at the data base I found where is the problem that blocks auto-saving for new imported items (using K2 v2.6.1).
This is the "Language" value that is missing. Your tool needs to manage this value. I am using the site with 'multilanguage' and the value in this case is " * " .
Hope you can fix this problem swiftly !
Thanks in anticipation for your help :) !
  • Catherine van Dyk
30 Jan 2013 14:58
Replied by Catherine van Dyk on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I just bought the importing / exporting tool today. I try to import articles with a CSV file.
Import is working fine, but when i try to open an imported item, I have this error message:
DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (30-11--0001 00:00:00) at position 0 (3): Unexpected character
and I can not open the item.
The same thing happen with the example csv file.
Can you help ?
Joomla 2.5.8 / K2 2.6.2 / K2Import 0.9a / French

Thks!
Displaying 321 - 340 out of 442 results.