Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Guy Fraenkel
12 Jul 2012 09:49
Replied by Guy Fraenkel on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

Where can i get support for this extension??

greets
  • Guy Fraenkel
06 Jul 2012 11:03
Replied by Guy Fraenkel on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello,

i have just purchased the tool and i want to do the following:

Import all K2 stuff from my old Joomla 1.5 (running latest K2) to my new Joomla 2.5 (running latest K2).

I install the component on both systems, they run on the same server (/ and /25/). When i export in the 1.5 i get a 5mb file. When i try to import this file in 2.5, all seems to be ok, but when i want to assosiate the rows the image (path to image) value is missing. What can i do about this? How can i fix it?

Thank you very much,
greets
  • Individual IT
04 Jul 2012 14:59 - 04 Jul 2012 15:06
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

The version 0.9_beta3 is out and is has a complete new csv parsing function.
As I was to lazy to write an own one I've stolen it from: thuejk.blogspot.com/2010/01/phps-implementation-of-fgetcsv-and.html

This is the best csv parsing function I could find and it seems to work very well. I have positive feedback with Greek and Cyrillic items, so I hope all UTF8 characters should work fine now.

I also changes the peace of code that generates the alias, now the original code of K2 is used. Its more complex but it should work with the whole UTF8 range.

So have fun with the new version: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/12408 and don't forget to rate it at
The Joomla! Extensions Directory if you like it.

As this forum has no RSS and no email notification in the case of a problem it might be faster to write me an email: www.individual-it.net/en/kontakt-impressum.htm or a twitter messege: twitter.com/individualit.

For people who didn't use the extension before here some pics:
  • emakki
24 Jun 2012 22:27

Individual IT wrote: @All who have problems with international characters,
I think I found the source of our problem.
fgetcsv is not really binary save, it depends on the environment variable LANG, I cannot predict it and not set it inside of joomla.
www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php
"Locale setting is taken into account by this function. If LANG is e.g. en_US.UTF-8, files in one-byte encoding are read wrong by this function. "

This means I need an own csv import function.
I will fix this problem, but it might take a while.

Please put in mind JSon does not convert UTF characters. I faced this issue in Arabic when I installed a k2 article submit component (I thinks it is something Story). I used your import script and it really saves tons of time. However, it imports all characters except Arabic.

I would really be happy if this issue is resolved for all international users. Keep up the good work.
  • Individual IT
20 Jun 2012 15:39
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

@All who have problems with international characters,
I think I found the source of our problem.
fgetcsv is not really binary save, it depends on the environment variable LANG, I cannot predict it and not set it inside of joomla.
www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php
"Locale setting is taken into account by this function. If LANG is e.g. en_US.UTF-8, files in one-byte encoding are read wrong by this function. "

This means I need an own csv import function.
I will fix this problem, but it might take a while.
  • Individual IT
19 Jun 2012 05:27

Do you have a lot of comments.
a loop that exports just 100 items would be possible but I would have to change a lot in the background.
  • Nick
12 Jun 2012 21:44 - 12 Jun 2012 21:49

I changed the max_exec time to 300 seconds and still a blank screen. Memory limit is 128 mb. What should i do? :O

I tried going through your code but its going to take a while to understand it.

Can't you just split up the queries and do just 100 each time? I have 3000+ items..
  • Nick
12 Jun 2012 21:19

doh of course, how long do you think i should set those? max execution time is 30 sec... Eh i'll just set it to 100. Will report back!
  • Individual IT
12 Jun 2012 05:53

Hi Nick,
does the export of less categories work? If yes you probably running in limitations of your server max_execution_time or memory_limit
  • Nick
11 Jun 2012 19:43

It seems that the tool returns an empty page with no errors when I export all the categories (nothing selected). I have 400 categories. What do?
  • Nick
06 Jun 2012 23:52

Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

It seems that the tool returns an empty page with no errors when I export all the categories (nothing selected). I have 400 categories. What do?
  • Individual IT
01 Jun 2012 09:22

Hi,
this is strange if he finds the file ones and then not again.
please check first your joomla settings for the tmp directory C:\xampp\htdocs\onthego/tmp\ lools strange should ne C:\xampp\htdocs\onthego\tmp\
And then tell me the version of the extension you are using - see first post. and send me the CSV file

What you always can do is increase the number of rows that are imported in one go, but this will not solve the real problem
  • Peter
31 May 2012 21:57

When I try using this module on my localhost copy of my site, I receive the following error message:

importing items, please stand by
items were successful imported
Row: 10 / memory peak: 13.5 MB
importing items, please stand by
items were imported, but with some problems:

cannot open file: C:\xampp\htdocs\onthego/tmp\

Row: undefined / memory peak: 7.75 MB
Import finished

I tried increasing the memory_limit in xampp's php.ini file from 648MB to 1648MB and restarting Apache and MySQL, but it still fails at the same spot (row 10). It works fine if I split up my spreadsheet, but who wants to do that? ;)

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
  • Individual IT
29 May 2012 12:08

please send me the CSV file.
If I cannot find the mistake there, it would be good it you send me the joomla admin details so I can debug on your host.
  • Daniel Pulido
29 May 2012 00:43
Replied by Daniel Pulido on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello again Artur, the same thing using 0.9_beta2 and 0.9_beta1 please help me
any suggestion?
  • Individual IT
28 May 2012 05:38

please try to use the version 0.9_beta2
If you cannot download it please drop me an email in my contact form www.individual-it.net/en/kontakt-impressum.html
  • Daniel Pulido
24 May 2012 23:51
Replied by Daniel Pulido on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Sorry, in the previous message I'm not told you that the version of joomla i´m using is 1.5.26 and k2 2.5.4 i hope you can tell mi what´s wrong with this thank you
  • Daniel Pulido
24 May 2012 23:23

i´m using the version com_k2import_0.9_alpha2.zip and when i import display this screen but when i lok for the imported items there is nothing what´s the problem
  • Cristian Negruzzi
17 May 2012 05:20

Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Greetings, I have a question, could you help me o direct to how to import items into k2 from code?
I've made a program to import intems into my product category, items are inserted into k2 intems, i can edit them there but none of them are displayed in frontend. I did it by a mysql query like that:
INSERT INTO `jos_k2_items` ( `title`, `alias`, `catid`, `published`, `introtext`, `fulltext`, `image_caption`, `image_credits`, `video`, `video_caption`, `video_credits`, `gallery`, `extra_fields`, `extra_fields_search`, `created`, `created_by`, `created_by_alias`, `modified`, `modified_by`, `publish_up`, `publish_down`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `trash`, `access`, `ordering`, `featured`, `featured_ordering`, `hits`, `metadata`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `params`, `plugins`, `language` ) values ( 'Product Item Title', 'product-item-title-alias', 15, 1, '', '', '', '', NULL, '','',NULL, '[{"id":"2","value":"23"},{"id":"5","value":"0"},{"id":"4","value":"0"},{"id":"6","value":"1"},{"id":"7","value":"5404"}]', '', "2012-05-12 19:00:00", 62, "", "0000-00-00 00:00:00", 62, "2012-05-12 19:00:00", "0000-00-00 00:00:00", 0, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, '', '', '', '', '', '' )
Would you be so kind to tell what i did wrong? What else is to be done to make items displayed in frontend?
  • Individual IT
16 May 2012 02:59

Hi,
I didn't answer because I was in hollidays.
could you please give more information about your system? see the first post.
Displaying 381 - 400 out of 442 results.