Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• sciomedia
  • sciomedia
04 May 2012 11:32

Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

How data is added as the column plugin for k2 item?
  • Gustavo Mourão
23 Apr 2012 13:48
Replied by Gustavo Mourão on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I tried import with K2 import and I clicked in 'Import Items' recieved the follow message:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for strstr() in .../public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/controller.php on line 890
  • Individual IT
05 Apr 2012 14:49
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I just uploaded the new version 0.9_beta2
It fixes a problem with some PHP versions. If you try to import items and nothing happens, this version could help you.

If you have problems with beta2 try to fall back to beta1 and report the problem. Best to contact me via email or twitter

If you already bought the tool once, try the link you got after payment and see if its still valid. For every EUR you pay, you can download updates for 10 days.
  • Individual IT
04 Apr 2012 03:19
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hi,
I think the file is not UTF8 encoded. When I open the file in a editor with UTF8 encoding it looks like the attachment.
  • Thomas Allier
03 Apr 2012 19:54 - 03 Apr 2012 19:54
Replied by Thomas Allier on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hi,

I'm using the K2 import tool (last beta version) on joomla 2.5.4

I created a sample csv file (test.csv) attached here.

I believe it respects the format described in your manual (double quotes and comma separation). It's encoded in UTF-8.

When importing the file into my CMS, the K2 items are successfully created. Though, all the accentuated characters are removed...

Is that a bug from your extension or something wrong with my encoding?

Regards,

Thomas
  • Individual IT
28 Mar 2012 01:35

@Balgas: does it says just: 'Error' or something more useful?

Please check if the joomla / php versions and the php settings are the same on your local machine and on the server
Its always good to try to import less rows in a loop.

P.S. at the moments there seems to be a bug that just there in special PHP versions, so it would be very useful to know environments that are working and those that are not working
  • Sue
23 Mar 2012 15:36

I emailed my info to you using the contact form on the website. Please let me know if you did not receive it. Thank you
  • Balgas
23 Mar 2012 12:44

Hello !
I tried to import a csv file with 540 rows with images. When i start the import, it writes after few time : Error.
When i try to import it on my local website, it works (it's very long, but it's ok).
What is wrong ?
Thx ^^
  • Individual IT
22 Mar 2012 02:45

Please send me a joomla admin account and I will see if I can find a solution.
  • Sue
22 Mar 2012 01:20

I increased my php max input time to 120 and I lowered the input rows to 1. Sill getting the same results
  • Individual IT
21 Mar 2012 06:56

Hi Sue,
your hoster limits you to 30 seconds per script run. If you importing big data or images, or the server ist slow this could be to less. Try to import less rows per loop.
Set the setting: "Import rows per loop" to 1
Then the script will try to import row by row. I hope the 30 seconds will be fine then.
  • Sue
18 Mar 2012 18:11

I have the latest .09_beta version installed. I setup all my categories and a few articles in K2. I then exported a csv file so that I would have some sample data to follow. I added some info to the csv file and then tried to import it.
Here is a screen shot of the settings I chose:

Here is the result:

In the generated source code, the second to last line is:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/downtown/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/views/associate/tmpl/default.php on line 32

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional info: Joomla 2.5.2 php v5.3.8 K2 v2.5.5

Thank you.
  • Individual IT
18 Mar 2012 06:54

After some time here comes a new version of the extension. CSV Import / Export Tool for K2
I think we can call it beta status now!

Beside some bugfixes there is now the possibility to export just some categories. You can select the categories you like to export and the tool will just export them. This could be useful if you run into problems with the max_execution_time or max_memory.
Some more export adjustments will follow.

As always: If you bought the extension recently check if your download link still works. For every EUR you paid you have the possibility to download updates during the next 10days. so if you pay 3EUR you can access updates at least during the next 30days.
  • Individual IT
18 Mar 2012 04:30 - 18 Mar 2012 04:38

@ALL: sorry for the super late reply, but there is not RSS here, so its hard to follow up. I'm really sorry!

@Yiannis: Did you try to import less rows per loop?
@Aaron: I have the same problem, I even don't know how to follow when posting. an email at new posts or a RSS feed would be great
@Rachael McLoughlin: I'm happy you contacted me by email and we could sort this problem by overwriting the items based on ID. the ID based method is generally saver, but if anybody face the same problem please contact me I will try to track the bug.
@Spejbl Hurvinek search the models/k2import.php for fgetcsv() and change the comma to a semicolon - I think this should work.
  • Spejbl Hurvinek
10 Mar 2012 09:55
Replied by Spejbl Hurvinek on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hi,

I have been using your great tool succesfully, this is really a life saver for me.

I have just one small question: Can you tell me where and what I have to change in the code, so that it accepts a semi-colon separated .csv instead of a comma separated one? (It is not very difficult to replace before uploading, but since I have to update my site very often, I want to automate the process as much as possible.)

Thank you.

hurvinek
  • Rachael McLoughlin
29 Feb 2012 17:06
Replied by Rachael McLoughlin on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hiya,

I have K2 Import 0.8 and Joomla 1.7. Am attempting to update extra fields for multiple k2 items at once using an import based on Item Title, although every time I run the import, despite seeing report of import process, all extra fields aren't importing and are then showing as default setting when i go back to check? Any ideas how I resolve this?
  • Aaron
20 Feb 2012 22:42

on and off topic... I want to follow this thread but is there any way to follow it without actually posting in it?

I am very interested in this software and hoping it will be available soon as I am getting close to needing something to import over 3000 items from a current version to my new install..
  • IOANNIS ILIOPOULOS
20 Feb 2012 22:04
Replied by IOANNIS ILIOPOULOS on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello
i have joomla 2.5 and k2 import tool 0.9 alpha 2
during the import i get the following error: MySQL server has gone away
in some of the entries i try to import
any help ?
thanx
Displaying 401 - 420 out of 442 results.