Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Jennie Dawson
14 Feb 2020 15:27

catItemIsFeatured class not being generated after K2 upgrade

Category: English K2 Community

Hi

I ran some upgrades on one of my K2 sites and upgraded Joomla 3.9.14 to 3.9.15 and K2 from 2.9 to 2.10.2.

Afterwards the customer noticed an icon was missing which I'd styled to appear when the item was ticked as featured.

When I checked the output I could see the the catItemIsFeatured class was missing on the li tag. See screenshots showing item in backend and the code on the frontend.

URL is: www.dyfi-cottages.co.uk/

Please help

Many thanks
Jennie
  • JoomlaWorks
13 Feb 2020 18:15
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic SQL Error while trying to save K2-Category

SQL Error while trying to save K2-Category

I can only assume the plugin "swmap" is pretty outdated and won't work with the latest version of K2 or possibly your server's PHP if it's been upgraded. If this is a plugin for easily embedding maps, there are many alternatives out there. And even if you don't like one, you can always create a "textarea" type extra field and just embed maps as iframes.
  • George Nasis
09 Feb 2020 19:58
Replied by George Nasis on topic Embed video broken html

Embed video broken html

It is true Fotis, Avatar and a redirect to CB profile.

Unfortunately, I love K2 And yes I have planned an upgrade :)
  • George Nasis
08 Feb 2020 12:13
Embed video broken html was created by George Nasis

Embed video broken html

Hallo,

I insert the embed code in K2 item and after save

<iframe is modiefied to <i-frame

This has a result not to work in K2 Item Page.

Is this a bug or something else is happening?

I use 2.8 version (no intention to upgrade because I use Community Builder)

Thank you
  • JoomlaWorks
07 Feb 2020 19:20
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Message: Call to a member function get() on null

This is a known issue with feed views only. Upgrade to K2 v2.10.3 (dev) from getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_Development_Release.zip and the problem will be resolved.
  • JT Tieto
07 Feb 2020 13:40
Issue with K2 Extra Fields was created by JT Tieto

Issue with K2 Extra Fields

Hello.

We are maintaining a site for our employer and in last July we had to upgrade php to version 7.2 and ran into an issue with K2 item extra fields not displaying correctly.

Currently some of our items display information correctly, however in our test Item the Extra fields all get appended to Contact Details.

Below are images to demonstrate our issue.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. If this is not the right place to ask could you point us to somewhere where we might seek further information?
  • JoomlaWorks
30 Jan 2020 19:29

K2 Built in RSS Feed - Does not display even though it's enabled.

This is a known bug in K2 v2.10.2. It's already addressed in K2 v2.10.3 (dev) which should be out early February.

You can safely upgrade to it from: getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_Development_Release.zip
  • JoomlaWorks
27 Jan 2020 16:11 - 23 Jun 2021 01:32
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Google structured data: how to add Event data

Google structured data: how to add Event data

As it's also mentioned in the comments (tooltip) of the GSD type dropdown, some GSD types require additional code on your part. But it's not hard.

Here are the steps.

0. Upgrade to K2 v2.10.3 (dev) from getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_Development_Release.zip - this is required to be able to get the raw URL from a "link" type extra field. This step will not be necessary once K2 v2.10.3 is officially released.

1. Assuming you have a specific category for events, first select the "event" GSD type for that category, in the 3rd tab of the category settings.

2. Create an override for item.php for that category. Copy the file /components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php into /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_k2/events/ (create the additional folders after /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/).

3. Go back to your events K2 category settings and select the new "events" sub-template (like so: jmp.sh/4TJsUWB). This will only override the item view. If you want to override the category listing as well, just copy all the files in /components/com_k2/templates/default/ into /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_k2/events/. More info on overriding K2 can be found here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

4. Create a new K2 Extra Fields Group and call it "Events".

5. Create extra fields for each of the GSD data you wish to add. According to developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/event the bare minimum for a GSD event are "location" (object), "name" (we can use the K2 item's title here), "startDate" and optionally "endDate" and "offers" (object) as you requested. "description" and "image" already come with default K2 GSD. For any object element referenced, you'll have to create an extra field for each of its properties. So for "location" and given that GSD guidelines reference this:

"location": {
    "@type": "Place",
    "name": "Snickerpark Stadium",
    "address": {
        "@type": "PostalAddress",
        "streetAddress": "100 West Snickerpark Dr",
        "addressLocality": "Snickertown",
        "postalCode": "19019",
        "addressRegion": "PA",
        "addressCountry": "US"
    }
}

...you would need to add the following ("text" type) extra fields:
- Location Name (with extra field alias 'e_loc_name')
- Location Address (with extra field alias 'e_loc_addr')
- Location Town/City (with extra field alias 'e_loc_city')
- Location Postal Code (with extra field alias 'e_loc_pc')
- Location State/Province (with extra field alias 'e_loc_state')
- Location Country (with extra field alias 'e_loc_country')

Additionally, for the rest of the fields
- Start Date ("date" type extra field and alias 'e_start_date')
- End Date ("date" type extra field and alias 'e_end_date')
- Ticket Price ("text" type extra field and alias 'e_ticket_price')
- Ticket Purchase URL ("link" type extra field and alias 'e_ticket_link')

6. You will fetch each of these extra fields separately (as described here as well getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/display-single-extra-fields-anywhere-in-your-k2-content) and build your new GSD properties.

Your default K2 GSD look like this: jmp.sh/gmcOnu3 (or just do a view source on getk2.org/blog/k2-v2102-released-now-with-a-100-mobile-friendly-backend-user-interface).

We will change and extend these using the following PHP code added in your item.php override, right after the "defined('_JEXEC') or die;" part:

// Get current GSD
$getItemGSD = $this->params->get('itemGoogleStructuredData');

// Search and replace GSD
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
foreach ($document->_script as $type => $script) {
    if ($type == 'application/ld+json' && $script == $getItemGSD) {
        // Remove current GSD from the <head>
        unset($document->_script);
        $itemGSD = json_decode($getItemGSD);

// Remove any default K2 GSD properties we don't want for the GSD "event" type
        unset($itemGSD->articleBody);
        unset($itemGSD->articleSection);
        unset($itemGSD->author);
        unset($itemGSD->dateModified);
        unset($itemGSD->datePublished);
        unset($itemGSD->headline);
        unset($itemGSD->keywords);
        unset($itemGSD->publisher);

// Append new GSD data as object properties to '$itemGSD'
        $itemGSD->location = new stdClass;
        $itemGSD->location->{'@type'} = 'Place';
        $itemGSD->location->name = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_name->value;
        $itemGSD->location->address = new stdClass;
        $itemGSD->location->address->{'@type'} = 'PostalAddress';
        $itemGSD->location->address->streetAddress = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_addr->value;
        $itemGSD->location->address->addressLocality = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_city->value;
        $itemGSD->location->address->postalCode = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_pc->value;
        $itemGSD->location->address->addressRegion = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_state->value;
        $itemGSD->location->address->addressCountry = $this->item->extraFields->e_loc_state->value;
        $itemGSD->name = $this->item->title;
        $itemGSD->startDate = $this->item->extraFields->e_start_date->value;
        $itemGSD->endDate = $this->item->extraFields->e_end_date->value;
        $itemGSD->offers = new stdClass;
        $itemGSD->offers->{'@type'} = 'Offer';
        $itemGSD->offers->price = $this->item->extraFields->e_ticket_price->value;
        $itemGSD->offers->priceCurrency = 'USD'; // Use EUR or other currency here based on your needs
        $itemGSD->offers->url = $this->item->extraFields->e_ticket_link->rawValue;

// Re-insert GSD data with new additions
        $itemGSD = json_encode($itemGSD, JSON_PRETTY_PRINT | JSON_UNESCAPED_SLASHES);
        $document->addScriptDeclaration($itemGSD, 'application/ld+json');
    }
}

7. Now start filling up the event data (extra fields) in the K2 items of yours Events category.

In the end you'll see something like this on each event K2 item's page source: jmp.sh/qUvDXud (wherever you see "null" is where I just didn't add data).

8. Finally test one of your K2 items on: search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool - this tool will tell you if you need to change anything or if some property is missing.
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Jan 2020 22:54
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Aggiornamento Versione K2

Aggiornamento Versione K2

Category: Comunità italiana K2

K2 v2.2 was released around 2010, so it's quite old. Here's the process to follow:

- First grab a physical backup of the site and database. Just in case.
- The upgrade K2 from v2.2 to v2.6.9 using this zip file: getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_v2.6.9.zip
- After that, install K2 v2.10.2 from: getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_v2.10.2.zip

K2 v2.10.2 is fully compatible with Joomla 2.5.28 (latest).

After that, you have 2 options:
- If you want to start fresh with Joomla 3.x but keep your K2 data (from the Joomla 2.5 site), you can install a new separate site with Joomla 3.x and K2 v2.10.2, then (using phpMyAdmin) delete all K2 tables from the NEW site, export the K2 tables ONLY from the Joomla 2.5 site and finally import them into the new Joomla 3.x site. Finally, copy the static assets (images, videos, attachments etc.) of the Joomla 2.5 site from /media/k2/ to the new Joomla 3.x site's /media/k2.
- Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to 3.x using the official guide: docs.joomla.org/Joomla_2.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration - this will allow you to keep your menus, modules etc. into Joomla 3.x. Since K2's database tables are identical in all Joomla versions, K2 will work out of the box.
  • JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Jan 2020 14:07
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 visual bugs

K2 visual bugs

Using the really old and outdated "Additional Categories" perhaps? If so, you'll have to upgrade to something like www.web357.com/product/multiple-categories-for-k2-joomla-plugin which is up-to-date with the latest K2 releases, it does not require hacking K2 to have multi-categorization and lastly it can import your settings from "Additional Categories".
  • gee
23 Jan 2020 12:41

K2 2.10.0 upgrade - Category item layout count max of 100

Yes, I did and I am very thankful that you gave this hint. I didn't find it before and would like to be update-safe.
Thanks for keeping up the good work. I am using K2 for so many years now and never thought about switching to something else.
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Jan 2020 12:29

I know. Follow the link above to modify the limit temporarily. It will be configurable in the next update which should be out early Feb 2020.
  • gee
23 Jan 2020 10:37

Unfortunately there is no option in 2.10.2. Please add this option. Thank you!
  • JoomlaWorks
16 Jan 2020 18:00
  • JoomlaWorks
15 Jan 2020 14:32

after installing K2 2.10.2 ... all my articles can't be shown on site

Please upgrade to K2 v2.10.3 (dev) from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

You're probably using an old PHP version and we've fixed it in 2.10.3.
  • zippomaker
14 Jan 2020 15:44
Replied by zippomaker on topic How to insert a gallery in a K2 article?

How to insert a gallery in a K2 article?

Fotis wrote: I would recommend you upgrade K2 first (looks like a really old version).

Secondly, you should have a look at SIGPro: www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/simple-image-gallery-pro

There's a reason it's the top commercial image gallery for Joomla ;)

Ok thank You, I'll update k2 version, I may also be interested in "buying" this plug in, but here it is about making a "subscription" to be renewed every year and I am not going to make further subscriptions ...
is there no way to buy it permanently?

Thanks
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Jan 2020 08:57

Disabling canonical plugin in k2 2.10.2 not working.

Good catch. This was obviously a bug and it's been fixed in K2 v2.10.3 (dev) which you can safely upgrade to from: getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_Development_Release.zip
  • JoomlaWorks
13 Jan 2020 17:00
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic How to insert a gallery in a K2 article?

How to insert a gallery in a K2 article?

I would recommend you upgrade K2 first (looks like a really old version).

Secondly, you should have a look at SIGPro: www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/simple-image-gallery-pro

There's a reason it's the top commercial image gallery for Joomla ;)
  • JoomlaWorks
09 Jan 2020 14:45
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display extended author info error in K2

Display extended author info error in K2

First off, please upgrade to the latest Joomla release. Secondly, the error you attached indicates a broken override for item.php (HTML breaks). Compare the code near the author (user) block with the default override. Or temporarily disabled your item.php override by placing an underscore in front of the filename.
Displaying 141 - 160 out of 2250 results.