Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• JoomlaWorks
23 Dec 2019 10:01
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic SEF Category URL prefix

SEF Category URL prefix

Category: English K2 Community

There is no need to use "empty" anymore, it was a temporary hack for Alberto to test things out without doing changes to the XML files. So just delete it.

Additionally, upgrade to K2 v2.10.3 (dev) again as new changes have been merged since the copy you installed (cause the SEO settings order had changed and I can see you still use an older version).

As for why the template of the homepage is displayed everywhere when you assign it to all K2 categories, this is normal. It's because every K2 content on the homepage "carries" the itemid of the home menu item. As such, Joomla considers that you're still on the homepage, even though you navigate to different content.

But rest assured, I'm already working on a way to have a clean URL path, without duplicate entries. E.g. if you currently create a menu item called "blog" pointing to a single K2 category also called "blog", then the path to items will be /blog/blog/whatever, which is normal cause it's essentially /menu-item-alias/category-alias/item-alias.

As for the items with /component/k2, I'm guessing these come from a 3rd party module and not e.g. K2 Content (mod_k2_content). That module does not properly parse K2 URLs from "JRoute" AND "K2HelperRoute" (see for example: github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/modules/mod_k2_content/helper.php#L286). Just inform its developers to update their code.
  • JoomlaWorks
20 Dec 2019 14:17
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Drop support for Joomla 1.5 and 2.5

Drop support for Joomla 1.5 and 2.5

Replying...

1) It depends. We operate some very large J1.5 sites for many years now without an issue because we can control everything from the server setup all the way up to the actual content (with K2).

2) Sure, but the choice for no b/c upgrade path was bad. Thus why K2 still supports J1.5 all the way up to 3.x.

3) Not really. K2 has supported 3 versions already. Adding a fourth won't be an issue when the time comes.

4) That's a known limitation. Those who know what they're doing can still operate a secure server with PHP 5.6.

In fact with the latest K2 it has been easily shown that any extension can be backwards compatible (some still are) and look great at the same time. Plus, people who want to move their content to a newer Joomla release will have an easier upgrade path if they switch to K2 because unlike com_content, K2 shares the same DB structure across all Joomla versions. Which was not magic either way, just common sense.
  • JoomlaWorks
18 Dec 2019 16:14

Since Update to K2 to v2.10.2 Articles are listes only under the main categorie

What "additional" categories? If you refer to the extension, it's outdated. You can upgrade to this one www.web357.com/product/multiple-categories-for-k2-joomla-plugin which actually works and does not require hacking K2.
  • JoomlaWorks
18 Dec 2019 11:01
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Can't upgrade K2 component to latest version

Can't upgrade K2 component to latest version

You're probably using a very old MySQL version (before 5.5.3). You need to contact your hosting provider and request an upgrade to the latest sub-version in 5.5.

If this is not possible, do the following:
- Download K2 from its GitHub repo: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip
- Extract that zip file. It will create a "k2-master" folder and in that folder edit the file administrator/components/com_k2/install.mysql.sql replacing all "utf8mb4" instances with "utf8".
- Re-zip the CONTENTS of the "k2-master" folder and upload to your site for installation.
  • Raivis Kapteinis-Miezeris
18 Dec 2019 10:32
Can't upgrade K2 component to latest version was created by Raivis Kapteinis-Miezeris

Can't upgrade K2 component to latest version

Hello!
I have installed Joomla with latest version and K2 v2.9.0. When I try to update K2 to v2.10.2, I receive an error: Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'.
Default charset of MySQL server ir UTF8, DB default charset is UTF8, also tables default charset is utf8.
What is the problem?
  • JoomlaWorks
16 Dec 2019 12:29
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update

RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update

It's been fixed in K2 v2.10.3 (dev) and you can safely upgrade to it using: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Dec 2019 19:01
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Extra fields layout messed up

Extra fields layout messed up

Sorry for this, I missed it for v2.10.2.

I have added the required CSS to resolve this issue (demo: jmp.sh/WNHGB7t) and you can use it now if you install K2 v2.10.3 (dev) from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip (it's perfectly safe to upgrade as any changes merged already resolve such minor UI inconsistencies).
  • regexaurus
13 Dec 2019 21:28

After upgrade to 2.10.x, link to category results in blank page with cat. title

Thank you, Fotis!

The trouble was related to "Additional Categories for K2." Apparently it's not compatible with K2 2.10.x. In my testing, at some point I created a new item and assigned it to a category that appeared blank (front end listing) after upgrading to K2 2.10.x. The new/test item appeared in the front end listing. Filtering items by category in the back end, I realized items that had been assigned a secondary/additional category no longer appeared in secondary/additional categories.
As you recommended, I purchased a "multiple categories" pro subscription. The extension is working well.
  • JoomlaWorks
12 Dec 2019 17:25
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Category RSS Feed 404 Error - PHP Error

Category RSS Feed 404 Error - PHP Error

The category feeds are indeed broken up to v2.10.2. So you need to grab v2.10.3 (dev) from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip in which I fixed that issue today. It's 100% safe to upgrade to it.

As for the warnings you get, these come from your template overrides for K2 and they need to be slightly updated to work with PHP 7.2+.

In the example you mention, change:
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>

to:
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && !empty($this->item->extra_fields) && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>

This should do the trick. Make sure you update all "count(...)" references in your K2 template overrides like so.
  • JoomlaWorks
12 Dec 2019 17:11

Completely uninstall "Additional Categories for K2". It's old, deprecated, requires hacking K2 and not supported anymore. Instead go for www.web357.com/product/multiple-categories-for-k2-joomla-plugin which is far better and actively supported.

Make sure you uninstall everything from "Additional Categories for K2", especially any plugins as these may cause the problem you have.
  • JoomlaWorks
12 Dec 2019 17:06
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Your page is currently inaccessible.

Just make sure your template overrides are updated wherever you have a "count(...)" reference. Just compare it to the source K2 template files, it's not difficult.
  • ProZak
11 Dec 2019 12:06
K2 2.10.1 and problem with frontend was created by ProZak

K2 2.10.1 and problem with frontend

Hello,
I have the following problems adding articles after the upgrade:

- the menu on the left overlaps with the editing window
- the "close" button doesn't work

Is it possible to return to the previous menu appearance in backned?
  • regexaurus
11 Dec 2019 00:17

Hi Fotis,

Thank you for responding!
I had already set error_reporting to maximum and debug enabled (1). I have the third-party extension, Additional Categories for K2, which results in "Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP..." when enabled. That's the only warning/error that appears. Before starting this topic, I had already disabled that extension (component + plugin) with no apparent effect (other than no more warning/error). The K2 category pages still appeared blank (except for K2 category title).
After you replied, I tried disabling many/most third-party extensions (components, modules, plugins) for testing/troubleshooting. Unfortunately this made no difference. I'm not sure what else to try...
  • Filip
01 Dec 2019 14:29
Replied by Filip on topic Saving category results in 1054 error

Saving category results in 1054 error

Hi. Since I upgraded K2 to 2.10.x I am getting this error when creating / saving CATEGORY. I know this has to do with Simple Image Gallery (3.6.6 version). I did debugging and it led me to line 67 in \plugins\k2\jw_sigpro\jw_sigpro.php:
$item->store();
Further, I see K2 v2.10.x has category model now and that's different than K2 v2.9.x. Now we have call in \administrator\components\com_k2\models\category.php, line 138:
// Trigger K2 plugins
$dispatcher->trigger('onAfterK2Save', array(&$row, $isNew));

All in all, I think onAfterK2Save SImple Image Gallery plugin function is now creating this problem. It does what it should but with K2 items, not categories!
At the end, category IS created and it works just fine, it just throws 1054 error since it can not find field "gallery" in #__k2_categories table.

Can you please confirm this?
  • Benoit de Mulder
30 Nov 2019 20:25

Item Pics broken after K2 2.10.1 update - Problem Identified

I just did the upgrade: www.avialogs.com/aircraft-s/supermarine/itemlist/category/823-spitfire

All items have images, the whole site is impacted, (more than 17k items)
  • JoomlaWorks
30 Nov 2019 19:16

Additionally, you can momentarily upgrade to 2.10.1 if you want and notify me with the pages that have issues to have a quick look.
  • Benoit de Mulder
30 Nov 2019 18:35

Nothing was deleted and the problem is reproducible, I just used the built-in upgrade process in Joomla as I do usually.
  • Benoit de Mulder
29 Nov 2019 16:47 - 29 Nov 2019 17:02

Hello,

All items pics in directory stopped to appear after the upgrade, Image url is not valid and the name of the item appears twice...
No code change was done on my side, it is a custom k2 template working since Joomla 2.5.
I downgraded K2 and it solved the problem

- Do you have an ETA for a fix or can you point on code change that would contribute to this ?

Thanks

Benoit
  • Sly Crespo
28 Nov 2019 01:31
Replied by Sly Crespo on topic K2 No pagination

K2 No pagination

OK. how can I upgrade k2 ?
  • JoomlaWorks
28 Nov 2019 00:26
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 No pagination

K2 No pagination

Upgrade both please, especially K2 which is years old.

Version 2.10.1 was released just 2 days ago.
Displaying 161 - 180 out of 2250 results.