Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• JoomlaWorks
27 Nov 2019 01:23
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Page Title and Meta Issues

Page Title and Meta Issues

Category: English K2 Community

Version 2.10.1 is out now: getk2.org/blog/2680-k2-v2101-released

You should upgrade to that :)
  • JoomlaWorks
27 Nov 2019 01:08

K2 2.10.0 upgrade - Category item layout count max of 100

This is an enforced limit for item listings so that no-one can trigger a limit=100000 and kill your site.

The limit is set here: github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/components/com_k2/views/itemlist/view.html.php#L531

I'll note it down to make this configurable in v2.10.2.

In the meantime, upgrade to v2.10.1 which was released a few hours ago.
  • AIS Web Team
25 Nov 2019 13:08

K2 2.10.0 upgrade - Category item layout count max of 100

I've just upgraded a site to K2 2.10.0 and the site has imposed a Category item layout count maximum of 100, ignoring the settings that were working fine before.

I've turned on pagination so that all the entries can be seen, albeit over two pages, but it's not what the client wants.

If you could give me some indication as to how to resolve this, that would be great.

Thanks.
  • Chris Lawson
20 Nov 2019 20:54 - 20 Nov 2019 20:55
Call to a member function isSite() on null was created by Chris Lawson

Call to a member function isSite() on null

I just upgraded our dev site to K2 2.10.0 and was really excited to see the new look of the back end item administration page.

But I cannot edit any K2 items. If I click on any of the item titles, where normally I would get the edit form, instead I get a KException Error | Fatal Error

Call to a member function isSite() on null.

The line complained about is:

.../administrator/templates/isis/html/com_k2/item/default.php:15

...which is: <?php if($this->mainframe->isSite()): ?>

I have tried clearing the cache, the expired cache, logging out and logging back in again. Before I start disassembling my site to see if there's an extension conflict, can anyone shed any light on what this error means?

I have the whole exception handling and error handling story if that would help.

I am able to edit K2 categories and users
  • JoomlaWorks
19 Nov 2019 10:24
  • JoomlaWorks
17 Nov 2019 23:12

After upgrade from php 7.1 to php 7.2 cannot upload images in K2 (SOLVED)

You would see that GD is missing if you had a look at the K2 info page. In any case, when you configure PHP, you need to make sure you always setup a bare minimum of PHP modules, GD being one of them as it allows for PHP to perform basic image manipulations (e.g. resizing).
  • Brian L
16 Nov 2019 11:51

apt-get install php7,2-gd fixes the issue.

The author of the upload code you use did a great job passing back diagnostics. It is too bad you didn't pass that back in the error message you reported to the screen.
  • Brian L
16 Nov 2019 09:21

I can confirm that I can upload files via the Joomla media manager successfully. I simply cannot do so within the k2 article editor. I cannot attach images via the upload directly for via browse server.
  • Brian L
16 Nov 2019 00:28

I reverted to php 7.1 and it is still broken. I notice that an upgrade of k2 from 2.9 to 2.10 happened around the same time. I wonder if the issue is related to 2.10.

I will try rolling back the 2.10 update too.
  • Brian L
16 Nov 2019 00:09

I can load images into MediaManager/images, but when I attempt to attach the image to the article using Browse Server I get the same error message.
  • Brian L
15 Nov 2019 23:42

When I attempt to attach an image to an article I get:

"The image was not uploaded. Please ensure that you used a valid image file and that file uploads are properly configured on your server."

I turned on joomla debugging and looked in log files, but I am not finding anything.

Any pointers?
  • JoomlaWorks
07 Nov 2019 21:35
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Page Title and Meta Issues

Page Title and Meta Issues

Updating the thread for everyone else. The issue was indeed with the item view which has been corrected.

Anyone using v2.10 (dev) should upgrade to yesterday's build from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip
  • JoomlaWorks
17 Oct 2019 22:02
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums)

Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums)

It is. Working to get v2.10 out this month.

Follow its progress here if you want: github.com/getk2/k2/commits/master

As for your breadcrumbs issue, the answer is "it depends". If the items fetched in that module have no menu item as parent for their category, then it's probably normal nothing shows up. You could also test Joomla's breadcrumbs as that should work as well, but I doubt it'd be different.

I would also recommend you upgrade to K2 v2.10 (dev) as there have been some changes (for the better) to the breadcrumbs function. Just install github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip on top of whatever version you currently have installed.
  • Chas Large
28 Sep 2019 22:45

Error: 0 Call to a member function isSite() on null when trying to edit item

Fotis wrote: Works just fine on my test sites and no error in the browser console. Which K2 version are you using and on what browser? Is your browser up to date?

Hi Fotis,

Apologies for the delay in responding:

Using K2 v2.10.0
[Dev Build 20190522]

Have been using Chrome and just tested again. Opened an item in the front end, saved and got the "item saved" message, clicked CLOSE and the page just closed the tab completely.

Just tried FireFox and when CLOSE is clicked, the age refreshed but did not close back to the normal page, remained in the Edit mode.

Not sure if this is relevant but when saving a Category I get the following error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

My server still runs MySQL 5.7 but I can upgrade to MariaDB 17 if you think this may resolve both problems.

Thanks

Chas
  • JoomlaWorks
26 Sep 2019 14:31
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Upgrade K2.6.8

Upgrade K2.6.8

Make sure you get a backup of your site first.

Then install the dev version which includes some fixes over the current 2.9.0 release:

github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Just install on top of v2.6.8.
  • Andy Briggs
18 Sep 2019 15:46
Cannot Click Top-Level Images was created by Andy Briggs

Cannot Click Top-Level Images

Hi all,

Latest k2 version
Latest Joomla Version
FavThemes' "Favourite" Template

I have a problem with k2. In the top-level category, the category images are not clickable. Luckily the category names are!

Sub-category images work fine.

This has never worked correctly, even after k2 upgrades.

It has been suggested to me that this may be because of a template override, but I don't have any overrides.

Can anybody help me solve this one?

Many thanks!

Andy.
  • Sly
18 Sep 2019 12:13
Upgrade K2.6.8 was created by Sly

Upgrade K2.6.8

Hi,
We have a joomla 2.528 website where K2.6.8 is installed
I would like to upgrade K2 to the latest version.
What are the steps?
Thank you for your reply.
Sly
  • JoomlaWorks
04 Sep 2019 20:34
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Parameter must be an array

Parameter must be an array

Please upgrade to K2 v2.10.0 (dev) from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip - these warnings are resolved there.
  • trogladyte
04 Sep 2019 19:36
Replied by trogladyte on topic Parameter must be an array

Parameter must be an array

I just upgraded my server from PHP7.1.31 to PHP7.3.x yesterday as I was getting EOL warnings from Joomla. Since that, I can confirm that this K2 warning has now appeared,

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/tastewas/public_html/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 763

While I understand that it's only a warning and only appears if the error reporting in Joomla is set to anything other than none or Sys Def, and it doesn't affect site operation, does this not mean that the K2 code isn't completely in line with current PHP versions?
  • JoomlaWorks
02 Sep 2019 17:33

DateTime Construct : Problem when i click save to store an item

Upgrade to K2 v2.9.0 for starters. This will fix this error. I would also recommend you upgrade Joomla to 3.9.x latest too.
Displaying 181 - 200 out of 2250 results.