Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• JoomlaWorks
23 Aug 2019 04:48
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Database Query Overloading CPU

Database Query Overloading CPU

Category: English K2 Community

Indexes are in place for new installations for sure, you can check the installation SQL file (e.g. github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/administrator/components/com_k2/install.mysql.sql#L147).

If you gradually upgraded K2 over the years though, some of these improvements would not have been reflected on your DB tables. E.g. your K2 items table may still be using MyISAM if you switched your DB to use InnoDB for the storage engine.

You can easily go through the installation SQL file and use it to verify which indexes are enabled and which should be added. Additionally, I highly recommend you switch to InnoDB instead of MyISAM if you haven't done so already.

Lastly, this is a good starting point for optimizing your database (MySQL or MariaDB) provided it's on InnoDB:
gist.github.com/fevangelou/fb72f36bbe333e059b66 (generic for Ubuntu, CentOS etc.)
gist.github.com/fevangelou/0da9941e67a9c9bb2596 (for cPanel based servers)
  • JoomlaWorks
13 Aug 2019 17:17

K2 version 2.6.8 cant upload corresponding image to a news item of joomla 3.4.4

First of all, upgrade both Joomla and K2 to their latest versions. You're using very old ones...
  • Joseph Rebele
31 Jul 2019 15:17
Upgrading from K2 v2.6.9 was created by Joseph Rebele

Upgrading from K2 v2.6.9

Folks,

Is there any upgrade documentation that can be shared for upgrading from K2 v2.6.9 to the latest version? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Regards,
Joe
  • Rashmy
29 Jun 2019 13:18
Replied by Rashmy on topic K2 Auto Link Building

K2 Auto Link Building

Hi again
I found the following script at our web server, can this be the culprit which automatically build backlinks back to our site ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<extension type="module" client="site" version="2.5" method="upgrade">
<name>K2 User</name>
<author>JoomlaWorks</author>
<creationDate>August 18th, 2017</creationDate>
<copyright>Copyright (c) 2006 - 2017 JoomlaWorks Ltd. All rights reserved.</copyright>
<authorEmail>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
<authorUrl>www.joomlaworks.net
<version>2.8.0</version>
<license>www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPL
<description>K2_MOD_K2_USER_DESCRIPTION</description>
<files>
<filename module="mod_k2_user">mod_k2_user.php</filename>
<filename>helper.php</filename>
<folder>tmpl</folder>
</files>
<config>
<fields name="params">
<fieldset name="basic" addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_k2/elements/">
<field name="moduleclass_sfx" type="text" default="" label="K2_MODULE_CLASS_SUFFIX" description="K2_MODULE_CLASS_SUFFIX_DESCRIPTION" />
<field name="pretext" type="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" default="" label="K2_PRETEXT" description="" />
<field name="posttext" type="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" label="K2_POSTTEXT" description="" />
<field name="" type="header" default="K2_OPTIONS_FOR_LOGGED_IN_USERS" label="" description="" />
<field name="userGreetingText" type="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" label="K2_GREETING_TEXT" description="K2_WRITE_A_CUSTOM_TEXT_TO_DISPLAY_TO_YOUR_USERS_WHEN_THEY_ARE_LOGGED_IN" />
<field name="name" type="list" default="1" label="K2_DISPLAY_USERNAME_OR_NAME" description="">
<option value="0">K2_USERNAME</option>
<option value="1">K2_NAME</option>
</field>
<field name="userAvatar" type="radio" default="1" label="K2_USER_AVATAR" description="" class="btn-group btn-group-yesno">
<option value="0">K2_HIDE</option>
<option value="1">K2_SHOW</option>
</field>
<field name="userAvatarWidthSelect" type="list" default="custom" label="K2_USER_AVATAR_WIDTH" description="">
<option value="inherit">K2_INHERIT_FROM_COMPONENT_PARAMETERS</option>
<option value="custom">K2_USE_CUSTOM_WIDTH</option>
</field>
<field name="userAvatarWidth" type="text" default="50" size="4" label="K2_CUSTOM_WIDTH_FOR_USER_AVATAR_IN_PX" description="" />
<field name="" type="header" default="K2_MENU_RENDER_OPTION" label="" description="" />
<field name="menu" type="menus" default="" label="K2_MENU_TO_RENDER" description="K2_MENU_TO_RENDER_DESC" />
<field name="" type="header" default="K2_LOGIN_LOGOUT_REDIRECTION" label="" description="" />
<field name="login" type="menuitem" default="" disable="separator" label="K2_LOGIN_REDIRECTION_URL" description="K2_LOGIN_REDIRECTION_URL_DESCRIPTION">
<option value="">K2_NONE_ONSELECTLISTS</option>
</field>
<field name="logout" type="menuitem" default="" disable="separator" label="K2_LOGOUT_REDIRECTION_URL" description="K2_LOGOUT_REDIRECTION_URL_DESCRIPTION">
<option value="">K2_NONE_ONSELECTLISTS</option>
</field>
<field name="usesecure" type="radio" default="0" label="K2_ENCRYPT_LOGIN_FORM" description="K2_SUBMIT_ENCRYPTED_LOGIN_DATA_REQUIRES_SSL" class="btn-group btn-group-yesno">
<option value="0">K2_NO</option>
<option value="1">K2_YES</option>
</field>
</fieldset>
<fieldset name="advanced">
<field name="cache" type="list" default="0" label="K2_CACHING" description="K2_SELECT_WHETHER_TO_CACHE_THE_CONTENT_OF_THIS_MODULE">
<option value="1">K2_USE_GLOBAL</option>
<option value="0">K2_NO_CACHING</option>
</field>
<field name="cache_time" type="text" default="900" label="K2_CACHE_TIME" description="K2_THE_TIME_IN_SECONDS_BEFORE_THE_MODULE_IS_RECACHED" />
</fieldset>
</fields>
</config>
</extension>
  • Makis Christopoulos
18 Jun 2019 21:58
Replied by Makis Christopoulos on topic k2 Item image default

k2 Item image default

Fotis wrote: It's fairly simple actually, but it does require that your create K2 template overrides so you don't lose your changes when you upgrade K2. More info on K2 overrides here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Now, if you wanted to show a default image in the item view (in item.php) you could add this at the very top of the file:

<?php // place the following after the "defined('_JEXEC') or die;" line if (empty($this->item->image)) { $this->item->image = '/path/to/placeholder.jpg'; }

The above code will set a placeholder image when no K2 item image exists. You can follow the same pattern to set a placeholder for category views, modules etc.

Hello Fotis , and thanks for the quick help. One more thing....can you give me the path for the item.php ?
And yes ....the override is the only way!!
Thanks again!!
  • JoomlaWorks
18 Jun 2019 18:56
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 Item image default

k2 Item image default

It's fairly simple actually, but it does require that your create K2 template overrides so you don't lose your changes when you upgrade K2. More info on K2 overrides here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Now, if you wanted to show a default image in the item view (in item.php) you could add this at the very top of the file:
<?php // place the following after the "defined('_JEXEC') or die;" line if (empty($this->item->image)) { $this->item->image = '/path/to/placeholder.jpg'; }

The above code will set a placeholder image when no K2 item image exists. You can follow the same pattern to set a placeholder for category views, modules etc.
  • JoomlaWorks
13 Jun 2019 19:53
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Icon when when an article has been updated

Icon when when an article has been updated

You first need to create a set of template overrides inside your Joomla template, for K2, so you won't lose your changes in the future (when you upgrade K2).

See here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

You'll then need to edit item.php and category_item.php for component views and mod_k2_content's default.php for module views.
  • JoomlaWorks
29 May 2019 22:19
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic I encountered three problems...

I encountered three problems...

So, only (1) is left. Please ensure there is no 'com_k2' folder in there, not plain 'k2'.

After the upgrade to 2.10, do you still have that issue?
  • JoomlaWorks
27 May 2019 18:13
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 src and cache not writing

K2 src and cache not writing

The PHP library used for these uploads was upgraded a couple of times in recent releases, so that could be the issue. Otherwise, it may relate to the fact that you changed hosts and perhaps the setup is not identical. You need to turn error reporting to maximum and do a backend image upload. See what error appears there. If none is displayed, check the logs (the PHP error log will be different to Joomla's log).

If nothing works for you, I could have a look for you. Just use www.joomlaworks.net/support/contact to send me temporary super user access.
  • Andrew
27 May 2019 17:33
Replied by Andrew on topic K2 src and cache not writing

Hi, thanks for getting back in touch. I think it’s IIS 10 and Server 2016. It was working pre-upgrade. I did update the server/IIS too though. In fact, K2 has been working impressively until now.
  • Andrew
22 May 2019 14:48 - 22 May 2019 14:52
K2 src and cache not writing was created by Andrew

Hi Everyone,

Following a Joomla and K2 update (and change of server location), K2 is not generating contents in the src and cache folder in the backend. After many forum searches and fix attempts, I am still puzzled about why this is not working.

The problem is as follows, I write an article and add an image via the image tab. I have a success message upon save and I see a record enter the K2 item table. The image will not process and display. The image is not uploaded to the src folder, nor processed by the cache. Images can be uploaded via the server image/K2 media interface but they will not attach to the article.

I’ve checked the sever configuration (all PHP items are fine, including GD2). I’ve checked the caches with main Joomla cache disabled. I can upload to Joomla and the article image is fine. I’ve checked the === issue (no problem - already updated). I’ve check post_max and upload_max (all fine). I’ve inspected the code via Firefox developer tools (all fine). K2 writes to the database so I cannot get an error in the developer options of Joomla or the logs (a green, success message). I’ve trebled checked all permissions and they are set correctly.

I’ve disabled plugins and switched them on one by one.

Finally, I’ve shifted the site to a development area and upgraded PHP to version 7 and the problem persists. All old items and images display correctly. I’ve also tried changing themes.

Are there any K2 and IIS web-server incompatibilities?
  • JoomlaWorks
15 May 2019 17:43
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Update on Next Stable Release

Update on Next Stable Release

I'm really doing my best to get this out ASAP (=next 3-4 days).

You should consider K2 a rolling release though, meaning, if you report a problem and I fix it, you can safely upgrade to the dev version. It doesn't require the "stable" flag really. Right now I'm wrapping up some UI updates and need to improve a couple of things. But any change committed to the repo is finalized. I never leave anything unfinished/broken in terms of functionality.
  • carlostegs
12 May 2019 21:35

After updating from v2.7 to v2.9 keywords only shows 1 word

After updating from v2.7 to v2.9 keywords only shows 1 word

Hello!
Okay?

One of my sites is perfect, but I decided to upgrade version2.7 to version 2.9.

Looking at the View-Source of my site
It happens that the meta name = "keywords" showed up to 20 words and after I updated it was only showing 1 word in all articles

Can you help me, how can I resolve this?

Before updating K2 everything was perfect, just changed that point, I was already using Joomla 3.9.6, using PHP 5.6.31 and only changed the code

IS SOME PLACE IN K2 CHOOSING THE NUMBER OF KEYS?

I await a possible help
thank you
success
CARLOS
TEGSEG
  • JoomlaWorks
12 May 2019 01:39

Update to Joomla 3.9.6 causes K2 Items to become "404 Item not Found"

No issues with Joomla 3.9.6 here. I'm currently working on finalizing K2 v2.10 to be exact and have been working on J3.9.6 since the day it was launched.

Make a backup of your site and upgrade again to J3.9.6. My guess is the update didn't go through properly the first time (it can happen for various reasons).
  • carlostegs
11 May 2019 20:56

PROBLEM SOLVED : IMAGE ERROR K2 COMPONENT AFTER UPDATE TO JOOMLA 3.9.5

Dear
Hello!

Problem solved at last
This was an Image upload Bug in Joomla version 3.9.5
Reesolci upgrade to Joomla 3.9.6 and prompt problem solved on all three sites
Then I went to look at the details of the bugs fixed in the Joomla 3.96 version and there was the problem
Already know what is now, just update to Joomla 3.9.6
abs
Thank you all
Success
Carlos
Tegseg
  • JoomlaWorks
10 May 2019 20:28
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Comment Infomail doesn't work

Comment Infomail doesn't work

K2 does not email commenters or admins when a comment is added. You're probably using a third party K2 extension (probably a plugin) that sends these notifications and perhaps it broke after an upgrade in Joomla or a change in PHP versions (in your server).
  • JoomlaWorks
10 May 2019 16:17
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic elfinder / elFinder / elfinder.1 folders?

elfinder / elFinder / elfinder.1 folders?

Delete them all and re-install K2. This is the only reliable solution. My guess is you initially did the upgrade on a Windows PC, right?
  • JoomlaWorks
04 May 2019 20:46
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Automatic Smart Search indexing and K2

Automatic Smart Search indexing and K2

It's probably some 3rd party extension that causes this. Do upgrade to Joomla 3.9.x (latest) & K2 2.9.0. There is literally no reason to stay in Joomla 3.2 and K2 2.6 which are both many years old.
  • JoomlaWorks
24 Apr 2019 01:34
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Frontend-Publishing doesnt work

Frontend-Publishing doesnt work

I recommend you upgrade to Joomla 3.9.5 and grab the latest snapshot from K2's repo: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Let me know.
  • JoomlaWorks
22 Apr 2019 21:33
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Undefined error

Undefined error

The first notice references a 3rd party plugin - it's not K2 core so you should ask the developer of that plugin. If you used this for filtering, see newer and more up to date alternatives from joomreem.com and joomcar.net.

The 2nd fatal error is indeed related to mb_string specific functions and I'm guessing the hosting company upgraded your site to PHP 7.2 or 7.3 without installing the php-mbstring module first.
Displaying 201 - 220 out of 2250 results.