Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Jfavalle
05 Mar 2010 14:21
Problems Upgrading from K2 v2.2 was created by Jfavalle

Problems Upgrading from K2 v2.2

Category: English K2 Community

Hello everyone,The K2 system is really fantastic. Missing only one integration with CB and he would be unbeatable.I'm having the following problem:I
was using version 2.1 and did the upgrade to version 2.2, but the main
page of K2 it shows in the credits below the 2.1 release.

When I go in Install / Uninstall > Components line of K2 appears to version 2.2.How do I know which version I'm using?Sorry for my bad english.
  • Simon Wells
05 Mar 2010 11:28
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2

Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2

Remember K2 is meant to be a content replacement for J! articles/cats/sections.
It is possible to run them together, but you must consider that you would not be able to run Articles or Items on the same page unless in modules.

J! breadcrumbs will only look for J! content in J! sections or cats, K2 will be the same but for K2 content only.
So you would not have good results running K2 BC with J! content.

Unless the breacrumb module is hacked to look at either J! or K2 structure, then you would have to assign the BC module to the appropriate menus.
You will also have to ensure that the appropriate menus are point to the right format content.

Recently a user had upgrade a whole site in K2, but complained that they could not get K2 content displayed.
This was due to all menus pointing to J! content.

It is easy, but a little thought is needed to apply it.

I do need to ask, why not use just K2? instead of both?
  • JustMe
05 Mar 2010 05:25
Replied by JustMe on topic What templates for K2

What templates for K2

I just had a look at this site, very nice themes but you need to pay for them. Now I am not against paying for them as I normally do make sure I give back by either donating or purchasing upgraded mods I am using when I have completed my projects. However at this stage I am a bit hesitant to put money out only to find I ma sitting in the same situation as I am now without any support

John Langlois said:K2 comes pre-loaded in some of the Rocket Themes.
  • FidelGonzales
04 Mar 2010 21:19

www.militaryyearbookproject.com (Military Yearbook Project)

One thing I have learned from the easy upgrade process is to always save your default template and CSS. I love K2 2.2.

Regarding the tags, there is a bug or two that need to be worked out. You may be experiencing an issue with having a dash or dot within the tag. One of these issues has been worked out, according to my memory, but the other has not. Either way, the issue leads to a K2 page with no content on it.

For comments, I have chosen an external commenting system, Disqus. The social aspect to it helps with extending the content to other social media platforms. Though, I can understand why one would want to keep complete control over the commenting system, primarily due to the longevity of such projects.

It appears you changed the template. Very clean. Like it. And love the Kunena template. It's looking good.
  • jamesrward
04 Mar 2010 04:36
Replied by jamesrward on topic sub-templates for K2Content module

sub-templates for K2Content module

Yes this needs to be documented better. I had to read this thread a couple times to understand what is going on. Basically the K2 Component will look for templates in:

/templates/[joomla template]/html/com_k2/templates/[yourtemplatename]/

But K2 Modules will look for templates in:

/modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/[yourmoduletemplatename]/

These templates are in no way linked, one does not require the other and they can have completely different names as I have tried to indicate in my paths. Hopefully this will make it easier to understand for the next person who stumbles across this thread.

And yes this is a terrible situation for data to be overwritten during an upgrade. Hopefully the jw gang will come up with a better solution in the future.

Thanks for the help all.
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
03 Mar 2010 22:17
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic K2 does not do anything with rar file

K2 does not do anything with rar file

Category: Simple Image Gallery PRO

K2 is most definitely broken for me...

I noticed that there is a SIG v2.0.5 so I upgraded from 2.0.4 and tested again....
nope same problem

I set published on another item, set category, switched to content view

typed additional stuff, saved , reopened new stuff there in content view

switched to gallery view, browsed to my zip, switched back to content view, added more stuff, switched back to gallery view, zip file still sitting there in the browse file section, switched back to content view added some more text, saved.
Opened to edit - NO gallery stuff, no changes to content!!

that step to save is NOT only not processing the zipfile its also saving any changes if you have a zip file in the gallery section. This code looks as flaky as @@@@!!

I suggest the developer looks at that process very carefully - something is missing.

george
  • Simon Wells
02 Mar 2010 18:25
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't upload K2 - V2.2

Can't upload K2 - V2.2

HI,

Have you just upgraded or is this first install?
Are you using the upload option?
Have you tried pointing directly to the file link at getk2?

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com
  • David
25 Feb 2010 09:37

Map a few K2 Groups and Users to selected Joomla Groups and Users

Many of the existing ACL products out there do not integrate with K2 in terms of setting permissions for additional groups. I would expect K2 to at least be able to list all Groups which have been added to the Joomla Groups (i.e. hacks such as JACL and Jcontrol). Other products such as AEC automatically list all groups listed in Joomla as standard.

I know Joomla 1.6 is coming out soon, and can resolve some of these issues. My problem is I have a 3000+ user site where I can create granular access to menus, articles, components, but not for my K2 articles, K2 categories etc.. If a modification can at least be made to not restrict the group selection to Public, registered, special, this would help significantly. It is worth bearing in mind that not all sites will be able to upgrade to J1.6 if they are using a large number of integrated components, each of which will take time to come out with compatible releases. Products like JACL seem to be going down the pan as the site appears to have been abandoned.
  • Alexis Hilton Hope
25 Feb 2010 08:01
Error with Demo Plugin :) was created by Alexis Hilton Hope

Error with Demo Plugin :)

Hey all,loving the potential for K2 plug-ins. Just upgraded my local K2 Joomla which only had K2 installed, and a adsense sharing module I hacked together editing core joomla users.xml with a publisher ID and channel ID.And installed the demo youtube plug-in to give it a test drive.Off the bat fantastic, I can see the field coming up in the users account page and new item form.Getting a strange error (there might be a fix already, forgive me if I'm lazy posting here).Catchable fatal error: Object of class JObject could not be converted to string in C:\wamp\www\joomla\wordwolf\administrator\components\com_k2\views\item\tmpl\default.php on line 256which is this line<?php if(count($this->K2PluginsItemOther) && implode('',$this->K2PluginsItemOther)): ?>After commenting this out I get a similar thing on line 572, can not convert to string.Have I missed something?
  • Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano
  • Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano's Avatar
23 Feb 2010 16:00
[SOLVED]image gallery pro + K2 2.2 was created by Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano

[SOLVED]image gallery pro + K2 2.2

k2 I upgraded to version 2.2 everything ok.but now in articles where there is a photo gallery when viewing the image there are two pop up for viewing.parameter image gallery pro "Popup engine for image galleries" is set with "high slide"How can I eliminate the error?thanks
  • Brett Adkins
22 Feb 2010 15:58

Can't enable the new Free Tagging With Auto Suggest parameter

I have selected the "free tagging" option under K2 PARAMETERS, yet I still have the old style selection based tagging system.I did an upgrade from V2.1 to V2.2Running latest version of JoomlaHas anyone else had this problem? Suggestions for fix?Screenshot attached(From Release Notes: New tagging system introduces 2 ways to add tags: via a selection based tagging option (as used in 2.1) or a new super cool free-tagging option with auto-suggest features)
  • Jiliko.net
22 Feb 2010 12:08
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 users view extension

K2 users view extension

Hi GreenDome,

Good question ;-)

Yes, the extension will continue to work til the k2 structure doesn't change and til a users view is not available by default in k2 !

This extension only adds its own files and DOESN'T MAKE ANY CHANGE to k2 core. You can upgrade your k2 without problems.

I keep an eye, even two, on k2 upgrades, don't worry.

Olivier

GreenDome said:Sorry to be naive but will this K2 users view extension continue to work if further upgrade are done or not?
I cant tell if it makes changes to core files or not, sorry!!

Many Thanks
GD
  • GreenDome
22 Feb 2010 00:02
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 users view extension

K2 users view extension

Sorry to be naive but will this K2 users view extension continue to work if further upgrade are done or not?

I cant tell if it makes changes to core files or not, sorry!!

Many Thanks
GD
  • James McCarthy
21 Feb 2010 08:56
Replied by James McCarthy on topic Search K2 Problem

Search K2 Problem

I just upgraded and now have this search error. Exact phrase searches work fine but default All Words errors out. I'm going to revert back to the old search plugin.
  • Buddy Q
21 Feb 2010 07:51
Replied by Buddy Q on topic K2 Subtemplate customization

K2 Subtemplate customization

Isn't the problem with this method that it will be overwritten if you upgrade the plugin?

Buddy

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi everyone,
here's what i've done to load a specific template css file :

In the file 'plugins/system/k2.php' / function 'onAfterDispatch()' / Line 61,

I've added the lines :

$params = &JComponentHelper::getParams('com_k2');

if($params->get('theme'))
{
$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->addStyleSheet(JURI::base().'templates'.DS.$mainframe->getTemplate().DS.'html'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'templates'.DS.$params->get('theme').DS.$params->get('theme').'_style.css');
}

This enables to load the css file which name is _style.css (where is your k2 template name.

Hope It will help...
  • Buddy Q
21 Feb 2010 07:20
How to override stylesheet? was created by Buddy Q

How to override stylesheet?

I searched Google and this forum and could not find anything. I do not like to change the styles from within the components/com_k2/css/ but I have had to because I do not see a way to override using my custom theme?Is there an easy way? I tried by using the same template method and creating the folders in my root/templates/my_template/html/com_k2/css but it doesn't work. So when an upgrade is available, my styles will be overridden. How can I do this?Buddy
  • d.k.shukla
21 Feb 2010 00:28
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic Category Ordering

Category Ordering

Hi
why not you tried some dedicated component for real estate listing. You will also get advanced search feature to list property. This is just my suggestion. Please have a look www.com-property.com/en/properties.html

Buddy Q said:d.k. shukla, I upgraded to the latest one version as you recommended. I can see where the problem is. So i've changed my menu item to only select the Master Listings category.

Category View Options of the Master Listings category I set to show. So there are different levels being shown on the page at once. You have a list of subcategories, and then you have items. You're right that I can order the list of subcategories by order. BUT I cannot list the items by their category. This is the problem. There are no options to sort the content items by category order which is exactly what I am needing. Since the client will be putting in active and sold listings in a random order, I dont know which one they will start with. This makes all the possible options unreliable when sorting the items.

"Category Item Layout", the top tab, is where the sorting needs to happen. I dont even want to show the categories above UNLESS they are able to show the items within right under it like I am wanting. For category item layout, my sorting options are:

Default - by ID I assume. Since they enter sold and active in any way they want, this won't work.
Ordering - can't feasibly order all the content pieces. This is for non-tech people with no time. Needs to be automatic.
Oldest First - Doesn't work because again entered in random order.
Most Recent First - Same as above.
title up and down - The names are addresses which have no bearing on the order. Needs to be by category.
Reverse order - Same problem as ordering problem.
Most popular - not by popularity
Highest Rated - no ratings enabled
Random Ordering - certainly don't want this

The last 3 look like new additions compared to the last version of K2. I think they need to add "By Category Alpha ASC" and "By Category Order" and "By Category Alpha DESC"

Here is a link to the page: 311addieroy.com/listings

You can see I enabled to show sub category by order. It shows only the category names and info by order. Not the category and then its items. You can see below, the items still show "Sold" being at the top even though the category order at the top is Active then Sold.

Can someone tell me how I can add this option? Is there some code I can stick in a couple of places to make this an option?

Buddy
  • Buddy Q
21 Feb 2010 00:07
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Category Ordering

Category Ordering

d.k. shukla,

I upgraded to the latest one version as you recommended. I can see where the problem is. So i've changed my menu item to only select the Master Listings category.

Category View Options of the Master Listings category I set to show. So there are different levels being shown on the page at once. You have a list of subcategories, and then you have items. You're right that I can order the list of subcategories by order. BUT I cannot list the items by their category. This is the problem. There are no options to sort the content items by category order which is exactly what I am needing. Since the client will be putting in active and sold listings in a random order, I dont know which one they will start with. This makes all the possible options unreliable when sorting the items.

"Category Item Layout", the top tab, is where the sorting needs to happen. I dont even want to show the categories above UNLESS they are able to show the items within right under it like I am wanting. For category item layout, my sorting options are:

Default - by ID I assume. Since they enter sold and active in any way they want, this won't work.
Ordering - can't feasibly order all the content pieces. This is for non-tech people with no time. Needs to be automatic.
Oldest First - Doesn't work because again entered in random order.
Most Recent First - Same as above.
title up and down - The names are addresses which have no bearing on the order. Needs to be by category.
Reverse order - Same problem as ordering problem.
Most popular - not by popularity
Highest Rated - no ratings enabled
Random Ordering - certainly don't want this

The last 3 look like new additions compared to the last version of K2. I think they need to add "By Category Alpha ASC" and "By Category Order" and "By Category Alpha DESC"

Here is a link to the page: 311addieroy.com/listings

You can see I enabled to show sub category by order. It shows only the category names and info by order. Not the category and then its items. You can see below, the items still show "Sold" being at the top even though the category order at the top is Active then Sold.

Can someone tell me how I can add this option? Is there some code I can stick in a couple of places to make this an option?

Buddy
  • Buddy Q
20 Feb 2010 01:11
Category Ordering was created by Buddy Q

Category Ordering

I am using menu of K2 > listitems > categoriesHowever, the ordering options are for the actual items themselves and not the categories. I have a real estate site where I want to show the category "Active Listings" always above the category "Sold Listings". However, I can't do this. There are no other category options. How can I do this until this feature can be added to a K2 upgrade? Because none of the options will be okay. Is there some hack I can use in the meantime to order the categories by the order I have the categories or ID?
  • Brett Adkins
18 Feb 2010 20:42
Replied by Brett Adkins on topic Toggle sidebar loses entire article

Toggle sidebar loses entire article

This post solved my problem with the toggle error

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/sidebar-toggle-k2-22-bug

piperchick said:Update: on my fresh install I can not reproduce this error. On the fresh install the sidebar is already visible, but on the upgrade, the sidebar is hidden.
Displaying 2061 - 2080 out of 2250 results.