Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Simon Wells
21 Jan 2010 00:30

release notes say templates won't change but, mine did =(

Category: English K2 Community

Have you got the K2 Style enabled or disabled in the K2 parameters?

wirecreative said:Mike C said:what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.

At least in the last version I've used, all templates shared the same CSS file, so perhaps while your custom template files were untouched, the shared CSS file was overwritten?
  • Simon Wells
20 Jan 2010 10:58

release notes say templates won't change but, mine did =(

As far as I aware, the only file affected relate to the core K2 files, within Components etc.
Troponin is correct and is referring to the base K2 template called default.

If you may have created K2 templates outside of the K2 component folder and in your joomla templates folder, then these will not be affected.
I have written an item regarding theming here.

K2Joom

Mike C said:what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.
  • Mike C
20 Jan 2010 09:28
Replied by Mike C on topic Notification of new comments by email

Notification of new comments by email

Will this hack work for the new version of K2 (2.2)?
After I upgraded, it overwrote that file so the functionality is now lost....
  • Tomaso Burkaso
19 Jan 2010 17:13
K2_DATE_FORMAT instead real date was created by Tomaso Burkaso

K2_DATE_FORMAT instead real date

After upgrade from v2.0 to 2.2,
In article view, also in Users last, is shown: K2_DATE_FORMAT
but only in Polish language pl-PL in english is everything OK.

joomla is 1.5.15
How can I my date back ? :)
  • piperchick
18 Jan 2010 15:38
Replied by piperchick on topic Sidebar toggle K2 2.2 bug report and fix

Sidebar toggle K2 2.2 bug report and fix

Thanks so much Gabe!!!!

This fixed my issue. I can see the change you made, and there is a foggy understanding as to why but your explanation was also helpful in terms of why it seemed like a random error on one site of the 3 or 4 that I have upgraded.

Thanks again.
  • Gabe
18 Jan 2010 02:19
Replied by Gabe on topic Sidebar toggle K2 2.2 bug report and fix

I haven't used 2.2 stable yet. But I'm imagining it is the same error. It's a pretty basic error that not everyone will have. This is because some of us set the base document to our home page or the current URL, and some of us don't.

I'm attaching a new form.php file for 2.2 stable.

The error is pretty basic. On line 274, the href value is #. Setting a link to point to # is always a bad idea for javascript. The href value should be javascript: void(0);

This is because some people set a base document in their template or through SEO components. If the base document is set to the sites root domain, then a link pointing to # will go to site.com/#

piperchick said:Thanks for the fix, Gabe. I have the 2.2 stable build and am getting a big error when I toggle -- the entire lightbox refreshes and I lose my article. This only happens on one of my sites (one was a clean install, one was an upgrade from 2.1 and the one with problems was an upgrade from 2.2 beta).
There is some magic in the code that you posted that stops it from deleting the article, but it also changes the look of the add new item form. Not a big deal, but what you posted is based on a slightly older version.

Have you had any issues with 2.2 stable?
  • piperchick
18 Jan 2010 01:42
Replied by piperchick on topic Sidebar toggle K2 2.2 bug report and fix

Thanks for the fix, Gabe. I have the 2.2 stable build and am getting a big error when I toggle -- the entire lightbox refreshes and I lose my article. This only happens on one of my sites (one was a clean install, one was an upgrade from 2.1 and the one with problems was an upgrade from 2.2 beta).

There is some magic in the code that you posted that stops it from deleting the article, but it also changes the look of the add new item form. Not a big deal, but what you posted is based on a slightly older version.

Have you had any issues with 2.2 stable?
  • piperchick
17 Jan 2010 07:57
Moderate Comments 2.2 was created by piperchick

Moderate Comments 2.2

I have installed 2.2 on 2 different sites. One was a fresh install, the other was an upgrade.

On the fresh install in the K2 login module I have the option to "Moderate comments to my items" but on the upgrade I don't have the same option.

Has anybody who upgraded from 2.1 been able to "moderate comments to my items" from the K2 login module?
  • John Wicks
15 Jan 2010 04:41

K2 2.1.x Using JCE Administrator Group on Frontend Register Form

Hello All,

I'm using JCE as my editor on a Joomla 1.5.15 installation and noticed on the front-end that during registration the form for the mod_k2_login module is using the Administrator/Super Administrator settings Group.

I thought at first K2 might be just using the Default group so I changed that to be guests and unpublished some of the JCE plugins for that group but still all the buttons on the JCE toolbar display. Not good for Guests!!!

Unpublishing the Super Administrator Group in JCE and the editor no longer displays on the K2 login form? So this leads me to believe K2 is using the Group with Super Administrator rights.

Is this by design? or am I just missing something...

Jw

PS. Upgraded to the latest version of K2 v2.2 and the front-end register form no longer displays the Description field so this might be a moot issue in K2 v2.2. I'll check to see that the User Details page doesn't use the Administrator Group for JCE and update this discussion on my findings...
  • Brian Hardyman
06 Jan 2010 08:42
Extra Fields was created by Brian Hardyman

Extra Fields

I am using K2 v2.1. I just found out 2.2 was released. It may have fixed my issues, but I have to figure out how to upgrade.

My wife is a fantastic cook. On our website we just setup a blog using K2. This component is extremely exceptional. I have just discovered the Extra Fields and I think it will work for what I need. So here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I started out by making an Extra Field Group called 'Recipe'. Then I added some Extra Fields (textarea) 'Ingredients' and 'Directions'. I then made a new category called Recipes, attached the extra field group 'Recipe' and added that to my menu.

Here is my issue. I tried to add HTML into the Extra Field. Nothing fancy I just wanted the Ingredients to be listed, so I added a line break after each item. I am not using any editors since they seem to strip my code randomly.

What I want (example):
2 pounds of round steak
3 large red or green peppers
2 large onions

What I get (on my live site):
2 pounds of round steak 3 large red or green peppers 2 large onions

This result makes it very hard to see what you need to cook with. How can I fix this?
  • Christina Cherry
06 Jan 2010 01:52
Replied by Christina Cherry on topic K2 items list in back end diverts to joomla control panel

K2 items list in back end diverts to joomla control panel

Sorted it out - I deleted all the old content/categories/sections from joomla (not K2) and then went into admin tools and cleared cache/purged expired cache then into the database and checked it.

Thanks for the help Simon.

Christina Cherry said:Bit the bullet and upgraded - nice - but didn't fix the problem. I still can't filter items
  • Christina Cherry
06 Jan 2010 01:18
Replied by Christina Cherry on topic K2 items list in back end diverts to joomla control panel

K2 items list in back end diverts to joomla control panel

Bit the bullet and upgraded - nice - but didn't fix the problem. I still can't filter items
  • Oceanwatcher
05 Jan 2010 15:03
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Hijacking of Joomla Articles

Hijacking of Joomla Articles

Simon,

No time to waste here :-)

If you use the component I mentioned, there should be no need to modify any core files and no problems with Joomla upgrades. With this component you get a list of icons that you can unpublish as with a lot of other things in Joomla. Take a look here:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/administration/extensions-quickicons/463

Simon Wells said:Roland, You might be interested to read this guide at K2Joom.
I plan to also modify this further to remove some other redundant Joomla menu items too, but remember, as soon as you upgrade Joomla, then you would need to modify the files again.
  • Simon Wells
04 Jan 2010 15:15
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Hijacking of Joomla Articles

Hijacking of Joomla Articles

Roland, You might be interested to read this guide at K2Joom.

I plan to also modify this further to remove some other redundant Joomla menu items too, but remember, as soon as you upgrade Joomla, then you would need to modify the files again.
  • Oceanwatcher
04 Jan 2010 13:19
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic K2 Templating and css

K2 Templating and css

There is a lot of "but's" in my mind regarding this as I am struggling a little with this already.

First of all -

We are already able to turn off the K2.css through a setting. But this rarely produce any desired effects as the template you are using almost certainly do not have styling for every part of K2. So you are left with a broken site that needs to be styled all over again.

In an ideal world, all template designers would jump for joy and make the suggested overrides. BUT - as the new overrides prohibits the normal K2.css from working, will we not get into the same trouble if they forget to add something or just leaves it out on purpose?

Here is what I would like to see:

A new configuration setting that turns off the part of the K2.css that is most likely covered by the main template. This would include all standard settings like H1, H2 and other font parameters etc. Let the normal template.css take care of this with just a checkmark in a setting. It already exist there, so why should I need to do anything else to get it to work?

I am not sure how this could be done, maybe by using two css files for K2 - K2basic.css and K2ext.css and then be able to not load K2basic.css.

My struggle right now is to use as much as possible of the styling from the main template to get K2 totally integrated while keeping the styling of the unique K2 features from the K2.css file. And doing it in such a way that these changes are intact when I upgrade K2 or the site template.

Not an easy task...

And I totally agree with Simon in that this is an important point. I think every effort should be made to make K2 as easy as possible to integrate.

JoomlaWorks said:First of all, even if we have a dozen sub-templates used in K2, we can still have 1 global K2 css file (or our joomla template CSS file). There is no reason to load many CSS files to cover the styling of multiple K2 sub-templates.
That is why I'm using strict CSS "specificity", so you can make a new menu item fetching K2 with a sub-template and you can give it a "page class suffix" to override or style differently that particular content. This is very clear and it's not subject to any changes.

Regarding CSS overrides in v2.2 (coming soon)...
What we've done in 2.2 is provide the ability to template designers to directly override K2's CSS without telling the user to go into K2's parameters and switching the K2 CSS off. The only thing template designers have to do is include 3 additional CSS files in their template's /css folder: k2.css, k2_ie6.css and k2_ie7.css
If they include these 3 files, then K2 will pick them up and ignore its default CSS files. If they don't exist, it will just include the default CSS files.
  • Oceanwatcher
31 Dec 2009 05:36
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Back end editor bug in K2_2.2_20091230_SVN

Back end editor bug in K2_2.2_20091230_SVN

Closing this one.

The problem is only visible on newly upgraded installations. To get rid of the problem, do a hard reset of your cache. The CSS file has changed.
  • Kai Roen
21 Dec 2009 09:19
upgrade 1.0.1 beta to 2.1 was created by Kai Roen

upgrade 1.0.1 beta to 2.1

Anyone with a good documentation on how to upgrade from K2 1.0.1 beta to lastest version 2.1?
  • JoomlaWorks
15 Dec 2009 16:20
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic danaoscinema.gr (cinema)

danaoscinema.gr (cinema)

It's K2 v2.1 and soon will be upgraded easily to the coming v2.2. :)
  • Allan Kilic
15 Dec 2009 12:05
Replied by Allan Kilic on topic K2 V. 2.2 Any?

K2 V. 2.2 Any?

Yeah this is fustrating, especially because JW gives us wrong information.

You know, when you can't follow the schedules... so don't give specific release dates to the public. It's not the first time with Joomlaworks. Just think about freelancers (not my situation) who give work schedules (based on JW release dates) to their clients... They'll be in a dead end. It's just a matter of respect and trust. That's all. If Joomlawork faces some troubles and a has organizational issues... well, we can understand... and wait... as long as JW doesn't tell us specific dates.

I'd really prefer to pay for a faster development process, than to wait for months...

Chris Yates said:Alan,
Agree that it's frustrating waiting for the new version to emerge, but give the guys creating this software a chance to get it right huh!

You might have justification if this were an upgrade to a PAID FOR product, but frankly you don't when it's a FREE product offered to the community.

FOTIS, from my Marketing and Customer Service 101 Guides, keeping the customer informed, happy and engaged shoulf be a top priority! :-)

Have a good day.

Be Well,

CHRIS

Allan Kilic said:As usual, the release date is not respected....
  • Chris Yates
15 Dec 2009 09:37
Replied by Chris Yates on topic K2 V. 2.2 Any?

K2 V. 2.2 Any?

Alan,

Agree that it's frustrating waiting for the new version to emerge, but give the guys creating this software a chance to get it right huh!

You might have justification if this were an upgrade to a PAID FOR product, but frankly you don't when it's a FREE product offered to the community.

FOTIS, from my Marketing and Customer Service 101 Guides, keeping the customer informed, happy and engaged shoulf be a top priority! :-)

Have a good day.

Be Well,

CHRIS

Allan Kilic said:As usual, the release date is not respected....
Displaying 2101 - 2120 out of 2250 results.