Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• bkemler
13 Dec 2009 02:18

SH404SEF using generated alias, instead of actual alias

Category: English K2 Community

I figured out fixes for these in case they're problematic for anyone else...

To have SH404SEF use item aliases in URLs, instead of titles, go to the k2 set_ext file... At line 92, change "SELECT title" to SELECT alias... and at line 102, change $row->title to $row->alias

To have the generic view include the component heading, go into the generic.php file (if you haven't already, copy the contents of /components/com_k2/templates to /templates/[yourtemplate]/html/com_k2/templates so that you don't lose your changes if you upgrade to a future version of k2). Take out the php if function on line 19 and the php endif on line 24. This means that your generic view will always include the component heading but that's what I wanted so I didn't bother to try to figure out if it's possible to get the results the more proper way (by getting SH404SEF to carry the menu Itemid of the item you're looking at over to the generic view).
  • Dionysos Reitz Kerasiotis
07 Dec 2009 11:44
Replied by Dionysos Reitz Kerasiotis on topic K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade

K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade

Hey Jean-Christophe,

Yes, it is the only solution at the moment as the K2 component is not compatible with php version 5.3. Unfortunately the web-host that hosts the website I was reffering to, cannot downgrade. So I have to either move the website to another host, or use another solution than K2 on a php 5.3 installation. I guess that it is unknown exactly when K2 2.2 will come out.

cheers,

Dionysos

Jean-Christophe said:Hello,
I don't know if somebody is interested, but I solved it by downgrading php from 5.3 to 5.2 in my wamp local server.
It is now working find.

Best regards
Jean-Christophe
  • jeanchristophe
07 Dec 2009 10:49
Replied by jeanchristophe on topic K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade

Hello,

I don't know if somebody is interested, but I solved it by downgrading php from 5.3 to 5.2 in my wamp local server.
It is now working find.

Best regards
Jean-Christophe
  • jeanchristophe
03 Dec 2009 15:36

Thank you for your answer Dionysos,

Are we talking about days, weeks or months?

I don't want to push anybody, but when you know how long you have to wait, so you can adapt your schedule.

Thank you
Jean-Christophe
03 Dec 2009 15:00
Replied by Dionysos Reitz Kerasiotis on topic K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade

Dear Jean-Cristophe,

I'll try and see if that helps and I will let you know. I'm afraid that we have to wait for the K2 2.2 update otherwise.

cheers,

Dionysos

Jean-Christophe said:Did you find out?
I have the samme problem.
I found this: code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/issues/detail?id=1
but I can't find even the function or prepareItem and so on!

If you find out, can you please answer this message?

Thank you
På forhånd tak

Jean-Christophe
  • jeanchristophe
03 Dec 2009 14:50

Did you find out?

I have the samme problem.
I found this: code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/issues/detail?id=1
but I can't find even the function or prepareItem and so on!

If you find out, can you please answer this message?

Thank you
På forhånd tak

Jean-Christophe
  • Lefteris
02 Dec 2009 18:46
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade

Hi. K2 v2.1 does not support PHP 5.3 as when it was released Joomla didn't support PHP 5.3 either. The next release of K2 will be compatible with PHP 5.3.
01 Dec 2009 14:26
K2 doesn't work after PHP version upgrade was created by Dionysos Reitz Kerasiotis

Hej there good people,

Since my web hosting company decided to upgrade to PHP version 5.3, my K2 component stopped working correctly. I upgraded Joomla to 1.5.5, and reinstalled K2 but all items in my K2 categories show like that:
saatilhest.dk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=22&Itemid=53

Could anyone please help?

cheers.
  • Daniel Westerdale
01 Dec 2009 12:16
Replied by Daniel Westerdale on topic ScribeFire and K2

ScribeFire and K2

Hi

I will shortly be trying this out myself.. once I have upgrade Joomla to 1.5.15 (from .14) I just wondered if the above instructions referr to posting from ScribeFire to Joomla and, or ScribeFire to Joomla/K2? If so is the destinatation URL in each case documented anywhere.
  • FidelGonzales
30 Nov 2009 21:55
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Tabs not working when I try yo edit an item

Tabs not working when I try yo edit an item

After removing plugins one by one I have found the conflict exists within the Simple Image Gallery plugin. I believe the SIG plugin I have installed is the free version, since I can now browse the editor tabs in K2 admin. But since this had once worked, it may have arisen during an upgrade or install of a plugin or component that affects the backend admin area. Anyhow, I will attempt to fix via modification of the SIG plugin or simply upgrade to the pro version.

Thank you.
  • G. SAha
24 Nov 2009 23:49

Upgrade problems Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() ... administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

I am using dedicated server, so there have 8 fields on Multibyte String as...

mbstring.detect_order
mbstring.encoding_translation
mbstring.http_input
mbstring.func_overload
mbstring.http_input
mbstring.http_output
mbstring.internal_encoding
mbstring.language
mbstring.substitute_character

plz tell me what should be proper parameters for these?

JoomlaWorks said:Multi-byte support must be enabled in PHP. Ask your hosting company. ;)
  • Krzysztof
23 Nov 2009 13:29

upgrade problems - 2.0 pre to 2.0 Stable - Home Page DOWN

Where should I put a file overriding search module? I tried putting it in /mytemplate/mod_k2_tools directly, in templates and tmpl directiories but it doesn't work in any way. I override component files without any problem but I can't get module override to work. I'll be greatful for any help.

Edit: solved. I just put my edit in wrong place in the file. Placing the correct file /mytemplate/mod_k2_tools and it works great.
  • Steve k
16 Nov 2009 17:12
Replied by Steve k on topic Big Avatar Problems

Big Avatar Problems

thank you. I have customized k2 for my gift guide site and I have edited the language files and the item pages. If I just update the the default k2 template will that fix my problem?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This has been fixed in version 2.1. You should upgrade. Please backup first. After upgrading make sure that the profile edit page on the front end is using the default K2 template. For more info please search the forum as it has been posted again.
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Nov 2009 12:57 - 31 Oct 2011 00:24

[UPDATE] Simple RSS Feed Reader v2.1 is now available (November 16th, 2009)

Category: Simple RSS Feed Reader

We're excited to announce the immediate release of version 2.1 for our "Simple RSS Feed Reader" module.

Please note that this new version (and all coming updates) is compatible with Joomla! 1.5 only.

CHANGELOG FOR 2.1
- Fixed content parameters for both sub-templates
- The module now utilizes on-the-fly MVC template overrides, inspired by our flagship component K2. What this means is that you can create a new sub-template folder for this module within your Joomla template's /html/mod jw srfr/ folder. The module will then pickup the new sub-template auto-magically when you edit the module parameters, without you editing any XML file or doing any other non-designer work!
- Added the option to fetch feed favicons

CHANGELOG FOR 2.0
In this new version:
- we have added the option to retrieve and process (resize) remote images, which are then stored in Joomla's "cache" folder for the best possible performance
- new content options include pre-text, post-text, a custom link option at the bottom of the feeds block and more...
- MVC templating is now standard, module comes pre-packed with 2 cool templates
- One input box for feeds enables you to add unlimited sources to your module (previously limited to 20 feeds only per module instance).
- Major performance improvements.
After you install the module, add one or more RSS feed sources in the related box under "Fetch Options" and simply adjust the "Feed Content Options" in the module parameters.

INSTALLATION / UPGRADE
After you download the zip file, use the Joomla! 1.5 installer by navigating to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall and then choose to upload the zip file. If you had 1.x installed previously, you need to uninstall it first.

This new version is written from the ground up, so any old styling will not work with it, you will have to re-style the module. Future 2.x versions will not however break styling, as now the module can be separately styled using MVC overrides. Updates will also be easy without the need to first uninstall older versions.

DOCUMENTATION
All necessary docs are already included within the module's parameters.

Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks!  :)
  • Lefteris
13 Nov 2009 13:20
Replied by Lefteris on topic Big Avatar Problems

Big Avatar Problems

Hi. This has been fixed in version 2.1. You should upgrade. Please backup first. After upgrading make sure that the profile edit page on the front end is using the default K2 template. For more info please search the forum as it has been posted again.
  • Ryan Bagwell
09 Nov 2009 22:33

Trouble with K2 and Joomla 1.5.15 with PHP 5.3?

I installed K2, added some content and got a series of errors like this:

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentNavigation() expected to be a reference, value given in G:\xampplite\htdocs\muckraker\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

It appears to be something related to PHP references, which changed with the upgrade to 5.3. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • Thambi Yousuf
05 Nov 2009 13:45
Replied by Thambi Yousuf on topic embedding K2 content in ROKTABS

embedding K2 content in ROKTABS

hi brother,
thanks a lot, that was wonderful. now i would try to squeeze contents in. very much indebted for your help. just a beginner for K2, but i wont give up. thanks a lot
thambi
singapore

Followeyes said:The last version of Rocktab will just work fine..It has new features too. Try to upgrade your module now... its free located here ( RokTab ).
  • FeSys
05 Nov 2009 11:54
Replied by FeSys on topic embedding K2 content in ROKTABS

embedding K2 content in ROKTABS

The last version of Rocktab will just work fine..It has new features too.
Try to upgrade your module now... its free located here ( RokTab ).
  • fran p
05 Nov 2009 00:48

Cannot upgrade from 2.0 stable to 2.1 without error

Solved my -1- error, and it does seem to be related to permissions. When I successfully enabled the FTP layer in Joomla > Global Configuration> Server settings, my update for K2 from 2.0 > 2.1 installed.
Displaying 2121 - 2140 out of 2250 results.