Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Lefteris
08 Sep 2009 12:17
Replied by Lefteris on topic Category Listing

Category Listing

Category: English K2 Community

Hi. The readmore button works fine and you should not have any problem with this. The pagebreak button is disabled when you edit an item. Pagination is available in item listings and in comments but it depends on the params. These apply to the latest version....

pabs said:hi wikus,
Glad it helped.

Since posting that however, I discovered after updating to vers 806 ( I had 701) the titles are indeed linked in the parameter options. But, in 806 I wasn't able to do some other things that I could do easily in 701, so I uninstalled 806 and went back to 701, at least until a few upgrades down the road I think. There are quite a few issues with K2 yet I think.

I also found that readmore/pagebreak didn't work (in 701 anyway ) - in fact it breaks the code entirely and messes up the page a lot. The workaround is to add a readmore point at the end of an article, which doesn't create a pagebreak, but it DOES create linked titles in the 'item view in category listing' parameters !! Go figure....

I also I couldn't get any kind of pagination working at all - the pagination parameters don't work, and the readmore point didn't work ( this is 701, which I'm using till a better upgrade than 806 ( no offence guys ) arrives I think ). Don't know if pagination works with comments yet, but I suspect not. I'm looking at using jomcomments or similar to atleast get some pagination happening.

In fact I think, if it's possible, they should release a pagination patch asap, it's really quite an important functionality.

good luck, P

Wikus du Plessis said:Thank you so much Pabs. The forum is a nightmare and I've been pulling my hair out to get a solution to this. Why the option to link titles isn't included with the component is beyond me but this has worked for me. Wish the actual developers of this component could be a bit more "supportive".

pabs said:For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully ) P
  • pabs11
07 Sep 2009 18:26
Replied by pabs11 on topic Category Listing

Category Listing

hi wikus,

Glad it helped.

Since posting that however, I discovered after updating to vers 806 ( I had 701) the titles are indeed linked in the parameter options. But, in 806 I wasn't able to do some other things that I could do easily in 701, so I uninstalled 806 and went back to 701, at least until a few upgrades down the road I think. There are quite a few issues with K2 yet I think.

I also found that readmore/pagebreak didn't work (in 701 anyway ) - in fact it breaks the code entirely and messes up the page a lot. The workaround is to add a readmore point at the end of an article, which doesn't create a pagebreak, but it DOES create linked titles in the 'item view in category listing' parameters !! Go figure....

I also I couldn't get any kind of pagination working at all - the pagination parameters don't work, and the readmore point didn't work ( this is 701, which I'm using till a better upgrade than 806 ( no offence guys ) arrives I think ). Don't know if pagination works with comments yet, but I suspect not. I'm looking at using jomcomments or similar to atleast get some pagination happening.

In fact I think, if it's possible, they should release a pagination patch asap, it's really quite an important functionality.

good luck, P

Wikus du Plessis said:Thank you so much Pabs. The forum is a nightmare and I've been pulling my hair out to get a solution to this. Why the option to link titles isn't included with the component is beyond me but this has worked for me.
Wish the actual developers of this component could be a bit more "supportive".

pabs said:For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully ) P
  • tommy huang
03 Sep 2009 07:32
Replied by tommy huang on topic Problems uploading video and image

Problems uploading video and image

Hello, Bruno,

I don't understand "put the image and after I visualized on the browser" means to put the image somewhere and to view it via browser?
I really need to figure out how to upload images to K2 normally.

Thank you!

Bruno said:Hi guys ...
After a stress moment, I tried to upload of image of the longer way. But ... it's work!
Ok ... First of all, I upgraded my web-site in LocalHost ... I put the image and after I visualized on the browser (I think is this mode that is generated all others image ... large, small, etc).

That's OK until here! Everything normal ...

And now, I imported just the table **_k2_items of the base and uploaded the images created in the folder \media\k2\items\cache and sometimes src ... ready!

This is a long way to put a simple image in K2, when it can do this on-line ... However, it isn't doing.

I hope to serve for someone ...

See you,

Bruno
  • Mark Banks
01 Sep 2009 23:28

Image Gallery - no functionality on front end?

Since upgrade from pre-release to stable K2 V2 the front end item image galleries work with limited functionality.
See example:
www.dreamcatchers-crete.ismysite.co.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=4:all_houses&lang=en

Cannot scroll through gallery images, one image opens at a time, scroll bars appear if image clicked, images do not fit into the lightbox/slimbox. Tried with all mooTools settings in SigPro, same result. JQuery options open in new window/tab.

But...the gallery functions fine in the back-end.
SIG Pro 204 : SlimBox MooTools, default template, normal display mode.
K2 V2
J1.5.14

Mark
  • Lefteris
31 Aug 2009 11:46
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 Content Module Issues

K2 Content Module Issues

Hi. Reading the errors you get i assume that you have upgraded only the module and not the component. Also please make sure that you are upgrading from the prerelease version because upgrading from the beta version 1.x will broke your site. In any case you have to first create a backup of your files.
  • Claudio Azevedo
30 Aug 2009 16:54
Replied by Claudio Azevedo on topic Rating/Voting

Rating/Voting

joomlaworks have changed how the voting is calling (in template of K2) direct in the php file.
SO, if you upgrade ou reinstall K2 and keep the older template you will give this insue.
to fix yout k2 template, only take a look in the folder "com_k2\template\defaul" of the zipped and untouched component installation package of k2 final (the css have changed too!)

hope this helps.
  • dips
30 Aug 2009 08:02

How Do I get The default front page look of K2 Version 1.02b ( http://mindsphere.in) with K2 Version 2.0

I would like to upgrade to K2 version 2.0 build 20090806 but I am not able to achieve the Front Page default look in version 1.0 2b in my website. Link given below:

mindsphere.in

Will appreciate your help.
  • Tiberiu Oltean
28 Aug 2009 14:07
Replied by Tiberiu Oltean on topic List category problem

List category problem

I did not upgrade I installed K2 v.2.0 on Joomla 1.5.11.
I do not know what how to solve this problem.
K2 is very good component for joomla.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. If you have upgraded K2 from a previous version please delete the menu link and create it again.
  • Lefteris
27 Aug 2009 15:56
Replied by Lefteris on topic List category problem

List category problem

Hi. If you have upgraded K2 from a previous version please delete the menu link and create it again.
  • Pierre de Mûelenaere
27 Aug 2009 13:48
Image size problem 1.5.10 + K2 V1 was created by Pierre de Mûelenaere

Image size problem 1.5.10 + K2 V1

Hi, iv discovered K2 in june and was very happy. Right now im really disapointed there is not yet an upgrade from V1 to V2, this is ... well, really boring. and hard to understand. BTW K2 is free so thats the point. and K2 is an amazing, wonderfull tool for joomla.

Well my problem is that main image are displayed oversized in item layout. Iv checked in media repertory and the picture is bigger than original. so its not about displaying, its k2 making the picture bigger when i do upload it. I cant find a way to change this. Could anybody help to fix it ?
  • Hankins Development
27 Aug 2009 04:40
Replied by Hankins Development on topic Error on Category creation....

Error on Category creation....

I am on a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy.com. So I don't have access to php.ini nor will they restart Apache just for me. What do I need to tell them to do?
Thanks
CH

George Szubinski said:DaniI forgot - I am doing all this locally on my dev box until I deploy but it does raise a good point about deployment:You just need to contact the hosting company support and ask them to enable access to the dll exactly as I have described - it should not pose any problems to other customers at all.georgeDani Carull said:Hi!I'm getting the same error, but i don't have access to the php.ini file because my hosting service don't have de option.Is there another way to solve this problem? modifying something in K2 files?congratulations for this extension! I hope you could help us with this!thks!George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.georgeGeorge Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:mine in the code looks like:mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);foreach ($strips as $strip) {$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in phpHELP PLEASE!!!George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!george
  • geoff butler
26 Aug 2009 21:10
k2 v2 stable & Allvideo3 was created by geoff butler

k2 v2 stable & Allvideo3

I have just upgraded to k2 v2 stable without problems by carefully following the instructions included in the zip file and upgraded to allvideo3 by uninstalling v2 and installing v3.

Once I had done this I found the following problems.

1. When I enable the new k2 system plugin camp26's smoothgallery module will not display on any page. When I disable k2 system plugin smoothgallery works without problems but k2 page layouts do not display correctly.

2. After upgrading to allvideo3 tabs in add new item in k2 do not work while dim in allvideo3 is turned on in the plugins settings.

3.Allvideo3 now fails to use the widths set up in Item image options in the category settings unlike allvideo2 did, see attached image.

The follow problem is a issue found when working with allvideo2 and will likely affect allvideo3.

4. As you can not set height of images in Item image options in the category settings, allvideo v2 will display all videos with the same height no matter what size width setting the video falls under.
  • bkemler
25 Aug 2009 15:55

URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required

Ah, when you said beta, I thought you meant version 2 beta vs. version 2 final/stable, not version 1 vs. version 2. I can't help you there. I could tell that version 1 was nowhere near being ready so I didn't build anything irreplaceable with it- just imported com_content articles into it and played around with it. Hope you get it figured out!

Ignatius Ackermann said:Thanks, But if you look in the first line it states the following... The following instructions apply to users of K2 v2.0 "prerelease" versions only! It does not apply to v1.0.x users (a different upgrade is on plans).
I did see these instructions and did a localhost test setup and follow as much as I can. That was obviously a fresh 2.0 Stable release, and alI I needed was to export and Import my data from the Beta 1.2 version to the K2 2.0 Stable release.

I've got my data in the database but K2 is not seeing it, The table names are correct, I also did step 6 from the instruction as I thought this will force it to see the tables, But still no success. It is so close... If management would just reply as I am 1 step away form completion.

The 1.2.0 Beta upgrade will only be available in 2 weeks. A bit late for my client.

Is there anyone that can help!!!!
  • Bart Pluijms
24 Aug 2009 14:58
Replied by Bart Pluijms on topic Problems related to comments

Problems related to comments

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The this behavior indicates a java script error. Please make sure that you don't get any java script errors from other extensions on your page. Also ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 as there is not mod_comments module, it should be mod_k2_comments.

Hello, thanks for your response.
I don't know how to check for Javascripts errors, but the error occurs on 2 different webpages with different extensions on it.

And. the module I use for the comments is the right one: Mod_K2_comments.
I upgraded it from the prelease.
Some sollutions for this problem?

Is it possible it is a problem which occured by upgrading from the prelease?

I am waiting for your response. Thank you!
  • Lou Griffith
24 Aug 2009 03:09
K2 Content Module Issues was created by Lou Griffith

K2 Content Module Issues

I tried to upgrade from Alpha to stable and having issues with the K2 Content Module.

When trying to configure I get the following errors on the parameters box on the right.

Element not defined for type = header
Element not defined for type = categoriesmultiple

The front page shows the following when the module is published

Warning: require_once(/home/sports/www/beta/main/components/com_k2/helpers/utilities.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sports/www/beta/main/modules/mod_k2_content/helper.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/sports/www/beta/main/components/com_k2/helpers/utilities.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/sports/www/beta/main/modules/mod_k2_content/helper.php on line 15

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks! Lou
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Aug 2009 23:16 - 17 Nov 2012 21:10
November 4th, 2009: SuperBlogger v1.5 was created by JoomlaWorks

November 4th, 2009: SuperBlogger v1.5

Category: Product Updates [Archive]

We're happy to announce the immediate release of version 1.5 for SuperBlogger.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.5
- Image processing: if enabled, it will not format the introtext images
- Latest articles bu author: it will not display an article which is programmed to be published in the future
- Images with spaces in their names will now be processed just fine by SuperBlogger
- SuperBlogger will play just fine with K2 now if both are installed on the same Joomla! website
- DISQUS comments counter: It has been checked to work on all browsers - documentation will now suggest to enable SEF on your Joomla! site before going live, as Disqus prefers SEF formatted URLs
- Other minor improvements to the code for slightly better performance.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.4
Version 1.4 addresses a conflict with sh404SEF ("white page" issue). SuperBlogger is now fully compatible with the latest version of sh404SEF.
If your site utilizes sh404SEF it is highly recommended to install v1.4 of SuperBlogger.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.3 (released August 23rd)
Version 1.3 improves current features of the plugin and addresses successfully all reported bugs or inconsistencies since v1.2.

Among others, the most notable fixes and additions are:
- proper remote file handling, without the need for "allow_url_fopen" to be set on the user's server
- plugin checks if the "introtext" is set to show or hide when viewing the article page
- added check for fulltext, if it does not exist then the class "fulltext" is applied to the introtext and the text is not "emphasized"
- more strict CSS styling so that background images set to list elements from the template will not conflict with SuperBlogger
- corrected processed images paths for Windows based servers
- a nice icon to indicate that a "full size" image is available (overlay on the image)
- the "latest articles by..." or the "latest tweets by..." blocks will auto-expand if one or the other is unpublished
- minor change in the Disqus comments code to make sure the "comments counter" feature works properly for Joomla! websites with SEF URLs off. This option will function properly for new posts only and not any old ones, if you already run a SuperBlogger powered Joomla! blog.

INSTALLATION / UPGRADE
After you download the zip file, use the Joomla! 1.5 installer by navigating to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall and then choose to upload the zip file.

You also need to enable the plugin, so navigate to Extensions >> Plugin Manager, locate "SuperBlogger" and choose to enable it. To set the various parameters of the plugin, just click on its name to access it's parameters page.

If you are upgrading from an older version of SuperBlogger, you do not need to uninstall the old version first. Simply head over to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall and choose to upload the new file. All plugin files will now be updated maintaining your settings.

DOCUMENTATION
The documentation has been slightly updated due to the new upgrade process. You can find SuperBlogger's documentation here: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/57/41/

Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks!  :)
  • Manny Santos
23 Aug 2009 21:10
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Gallery Not Showing

Gallery Not Showing

I'm not sure if this helps but I installed SIG pro and didn't change the default folder pointing to images/stories/gallery and made sure I created a folder named gallery inside /images/stories. Worked fine, so I'm not sure why people are changing to /media/k2/galleries. I should have the site go live around sept. 2 and will post the link here to see it working.

The only issue I had at first was that I could not click on the tabs to upload a gallery. This was fixed by going to the plugin and choosing "slimbox (powered by mootools)" instead of the default "slimbox2 (powered by Jquery). One other site I was installing k2 has issues but I checked the php version and it was using 4.xxx I upgraded to 5.xxx and that worked fine. I think that sometimes we need to look outside of K2 to fix the issues we could be having with K2 because it is just a piece of the Joomla puzzle and they all have to cooperate with each other to work. I hope this points someone on the right direction of getting their problems solved.

Belinda Francis said:The locked tabs have magically unlocked so I was able to upload a new zip file. The gallery takes its name from the name of the zipped folder.
Then I realised that I'd has this problem with another Joomla Gallery - the answer is to hilight all the images in the folder and zip them! When you zip the folder itself the pathway is wrong. The gallery images should be directly in the folder which K2 creates, in this case /4/, and not /4/folder-name...

All the image show fine now!
  • Dodge
21 Aug 2009 22:21
Replied by Dodge on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?

Front-end article stays checked-in?

I can see no close button either! Another bug?

Edward A Parker said:I had no crtical content in my pre-release install so I unstalled the component and started fresh by installing the full 2.0 version, so improper upgrade is not an issue.. Also.. I see a "SUBMIT" button, and a "CLEAR ALL FORM FIELDS" button, but I cannot find a "CLOSE" button (or [X] or anything else that resembles this. My site is: www.twintierslive.com. Feel free to become a member and use the site. I would love to have your input.. Thanks!!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure you have followed the instructions for updating from prerelease version to the stable one. The error indicates that you have not run the update routine. Please try to to follow the update instructions and let me know what happens.Edward A Parker said:Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed
  • Edward A Parker
21 Aug 2009 22:19
Replied by Edward A Parker on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?

Front-end article stays checked-in?

I had no crtical content in my pre-release install so I unstalled the component and started fresh by installing the full 2.0 version, so improper upgrade is not an issue.. Also.. I see a "SUBMIT" button, and a "CLEAR ALL FORM FIELDS" button, but I cannot find a "CLOSE" button (or [X] or anything else that resembles this. My site is: www.twintierslive.com. Feel free to become a member and use the site. I would love to have your input..

Thanks!!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure you have followed the instructions for updating from prerelease version to the stable one. The error indicates that you have not run the update routine. Please try to to follow the update instructions and let me know what happens.Edward A Parker said:Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed
  • Ignatius Ackermann
21 Aug 2009 13:27
Replied by Ignatius Ackermann on topic URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required

URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required

Thanks, But if you look in the first line it states the following... The following instructions apply to users of K2 v2.0 "prerelease" versions only! It does not apply to v1.0.x users (a different upgrade is on plans).

I did see these instructions and did a localhost test setup and follow as much as I can. That was obviously a fresh 2.0 Stable release, and alI I needed was to export and Import my data from the Beta 1.2 version to the K2 2.0 Stable release.

I've got my data in the database but K2 is not seeing it, The table names are correct, I also did step 6 from the instruction as I thought this will force it to see the tables, But still no success. It is so close... If management would just reply as I am 1 step away form completion.

The 1.2.0 Beta upgrade will only be available in 2 weeks. A bit late for my client.

Is there anyone that can help!!!!
Displaying 2181 - 2200 out of 2250 results.