Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• JoomlaWorks
22 Apr 2019 21:11
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Multiple issues after upgrade to Joomla 3.9.5

Multiple issues after upgrade to Joomla 3.9.5

Category: English K2 Community

Install K2 v2.9.1 (dev) on top of 2.9.0 from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

This should resolve the countable() warnings in PHP 7.2+.

The error "Using $this when not in object context" which probably causes a fatal error in the frontend may come from a 3rd party extension that utilizes K2 content.

A URL to your site(s) would also help.
  • Ben Sevier
22 Apr 2019 21:05
Replied by Ben Sevier on topic Multiple issues after upgrade to Joomla 3.9.5

Well, seems like no one has any ideas. Corrected problem by rebuilding all Items into standard content pages, relinked menus, and uninstalled K2. All is now well.

Have a good week!
  • Third Sun Productions
22 Apr 2019 05:20
Replied by Third Sun Productions on topic SEF url's and menu

SEF url's and menu

@Sarrene thanks for your reply and info. @Fotis Everything is up to date - Joomla 3.9.5 and K2 2.9.0. I did try menu rebuild. I also tried reordering system plugins - wondering if the order of the k2 plugin would matter. This *was* an upgrade from a 2.5 site many years ago, if that could matter. There is no custom SEF components on there.
  • Ben Sevier
20 Apr 2019 20:22 - 20 Apr 2019 20:27

Upgraded a couple of my sites that have K2 a couple of days ago to Joomla 3.9.5 (from 3.9.4) suddenly the items don't show editor in backend, just html code, same for front end, user profile page broken with "Using $this when not in object context:, and I'm getting count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable on all my front end pages in max debug mode (turned on to see what is going on)...

Joomla 3.9.5
K2 - 2.9.0

My sites that don't have K2 upgraded just fine!

Thoughts?
  • JoomlaWorks
16 Apr 2019 20:24 - 20 Apr 2019 10:29

PROBLEM SOLVED : IMAGE ERROR K2 COMPONENT AFTER UPDATE TO JOOMLA 3.9.5

None really, cause the editor is not part of K2.

What I do know is that you need to use either K2 v2.9.0 or 2.9.1 (dev) (from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip) if you want to be fully compatible with the latest Joomla releases. K2 updates are always safe. Worst case scenario is to have to update minor parts in your template overrides to match any changes in K2 (e.g. the modal window trigger for images in 2.9.0).

Let me repeat that. It's always safe to upgrade K2. And the latest version is always the most stable and reliable.
  • Milan Sadil
10 Apr 2019 16:54
K2 Modal Window was created by Milan Sadil

K2 Modal Window

item.php override contains the following code:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.addEvent('domready', function(){
SqueezeBox.assign($$('a.k2Modal'), {
parse: 'rel'
});
});
</script>

When a page containing the code is opened in a browser the following error is generated:

Uncaught TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function

Perhaps it is a matter of using an obsolete MooTools function (I just upgraded to K2 2.9.0 and Joomla 3.9.5), but I have no idea what to use instead of this. Can you direct me the right way?
  • Red Deer
09 Apr 2019 21:56
JCE tabs missing from K2 items was created by Red Deer

JCE tabs missing from K2 items

Hi Fellow K2 users,

Has anyone else experienced the JCE tabs missing from K2 items? I just upgraded both Joomla and JCE. The JCE Editor, Source, and Preview tabs are not visible and only the source code view of the item is displayed. All three tabs are present in Joomla Content Articles. Screen captures of both are attached.

Joomla: 3.9.5
K2: 2.9.0
JCE: 2.7.7
Browsers: Firefox, Firefox Developer, Chrome

All the usual post-installation cache clearing has no effect.

Kind regards,
  • JoomlaWorks
25 Feb 2019 18:41

Image size when posting to facebook - Enable original size

OK, like I said, although I don't endorse this (your posts may be blocked if someone uploads a 3000x3000 pixels image), you can overwrite the meta tags that K2 sets for open graph sharing and then manually change the path to use:

If an XL image's path is e.g. getk2.org/media/k2/items/cache/08a4cf1e44f783c853b207a033a173b9_XL.jpg then the source file is getk2.org/media/k2/items/src/08a4cf1e44f783c853b207a033a173b9.jpg

As you can see, the filename is the same sans "_XL" and the path switches to /media/k2/items/src from /media/k2/items/cache.

First off, upgrade to v2.9.1 (dev) as it introduces new & fixed meta tags for open graph/twitter: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Then, in your item.php override, add this snippet at the very top of the file (replace existing comments etc. accordingly):
<?php /** * @version 2.9.x * @package K2 * @author JoomlaWorks https://www.joomlaworks.net * @copyright Copyright (c) 2006 - 2019 JoomlaWorks Ltd. All rights reserved. * @license GNU/GPL license: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html */ // no direct access defined('_JEXEC') or die; $document = JFactory::getDocument(); if (JFile::exists(JPATH_SITE.'/media/k2/items/src/'.md5("Image".$this->item->id).'.jpg')) { $image = JURI::root().'media/k2/items/src/'.md5("Image".$this->item->id).'.jpg'; $document->setMetaData('og:image', $image); $document->setMetaData('image', $image); // Generic meta } ?>

Let me know.
  • JoomlaWorks
22 Feb 2019 11:12

Strange characters in upgraded site from css BeforeDisplay and K2BeforeDisplay

You have commented the K2 overrides at the wrong position leaving open some ">" characters.

See here for example: jmp.sh/CQG5OCU
  • Four Gates, LLC
21 Feb 2019 21:37

Strange characters in upgraded site from css BeforeDisplay and K2BeforeDisplay

We recently upgraded a site to Joomla 3.2. We upgraded the template and most of the site seems to be working fine, However strange characters are showing up on the front page where we have 3 columns, each of which is showing K2 items by category. Is is inserting several >>> characters. the site is at lve0119.cletn.asapsites.net/ Any ideas about what is going on here and/or how to remove theses >> characters ?

Thanks.

Neil
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Feb 2019 14:14
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 en français

K2 en français

Category: Communauté française K2

De rien, Daniel :)

I would recommend you upgrade from K2 v2.6.9 to 2.7.1 and then 2.9.0 (all downloads are located here: getk2.org/downloads/).

Then keep on using the fr-FR package as the "plain" fr package is incomplete. See here: jmp.sh/F2KWsPg (from www.transifex.com/joomlaworks/k2/).

If you use both K2 v2.9.0 and the latest language pack for French, K2 will be fully translated.
  • JoomlaWorks
13 Feb 2019 19:52
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Parameter must be an array

Parameter must be an array

This is your template's override that conflicts with PHP 7.x, not K2. Simply upgrade your overrides like the K2 source template files.

github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
  • JoomlaWorks
09 Feb 2019 20:18
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Upgrade K2 - Problema con gli articoli dinamici

Upgrade K2 - Problema con gli articoli dinamici

Category: Comunità italiana K2

If the changes were lost, it means someone directly modified the source K2 templates and did not create overrides. This is bad practice obviously.

Templating in K2 (as well as many other extensions in Joomla) is done like this: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates
  • giulia
09 Feb 2019 13:08 - 09 Feb 2019 13:08

Upgrade K2 - Problema con gli articoli dinamici

Category: Comunità italiana K2

Ciao a tutti!
Stavo cercando di risolvere un problema al sito di un cliente che è stato bucato (il problema delle mille utenze create "registred"), leggendo nei vari forum consigliavano, una volta risolto il problema utenti, di aggiornare i vari componenti aggiuntivi e joomla.
All'aggiornare di K2 tutte le pagine dinamiche all'interno del sito hanno completamente perso le impostazioni precedenti.
C'è qualche modo per poter risolvere?
In allegato le foto della pagina dinamica che in precedenza era come quella statica :(

Grazie a tutti!

• Gary Hewitt
06 Feb 2019 01:48

New K2 CDN js file conflicting with close button for frontend editing.

I have upgraded my client's site to Joomla 3.9.2 and K2 to 2.9. After doing so the frontend editing panel will not close. It did however work when on old K2 and pop up window. We have very limited components of which we have updated. Our issue is with the old way of doing things with the popup and everything works, now with this new way it doesn't. We noticed that the black border around the pop up edit screen in the new version is not there. Our template is a very simple Joomla template so there are no extra js files anywhere. We opened a Javascript error panel, but there are no errors that we can see.

We would like some help in fixing this.

new.douglasglengardens.ca/
  • JoomlaWorks
05 Feb 2019 23:42
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Fatal error: Cannot declare class K2ModelItemlis

Fatal error: Cannot declare class K2ModelItemlis

These modules are probably old and don't utilize K2 code as they should. Check if there are newer versions for these modules and upgrade. If there are no new versions, I would highly recommend you switch to the K2 Content module.

If you get any PHP warnings/notices for core K2 (not the third party modules), update to K2 v2.9.1 (dev) from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip and they will be resolved.
  • JoomlaWorks
28 Jan 2019 16:56
  • Mo
28 Jan 2019 13:03

Multiple K2 errors after upgrade to PHP 7.3.0

Hi,

I'm getting multiple K2 errors since upgrading to php 7.3.0 across various plug ins and component pages:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in \components\com_k2\models\item.php on line 763
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in \modules\mod_k2_user\helper.php on line 104
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in \modules\mod_k2_user\helper.php on line 132
  • JoomlaWorks
27 Jan 2019 12:05
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Unable to post an article on front-end

Unable to post an article on front-end

When did you last upgrade to v2.9.1 (dev)? Can you please try the latest build from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip and see if the error still occurs?
  • JoomlaWorks
27 Jan 2019 12:04
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

This has been fixed in K2 v2.9.1. Simply install on top from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip
Displaying 221 - 240 out of 2250 results.