Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• bkemler
21 Aug 2009 00:58

Menu Item Issue with Upgrade from v. 2 pre-release to v. 2 final

Category: English K2 Community

Nevermind! I figured it out! The problem was that I needed to open the one k2_content mod that I had from before the upgrade and save it. So the new pages would display properly because the mod wasn't on them.
  • Nick
20 Aug 2009 19:14
Replied by Nick on topic Where are the DEVELOPERS?!

Where are the DEVELOPERS?!

now that's good to hear about the vacation. But about the mod_k2... i'm running v2 and it was still included :S. I never installed v1.

JoomlaWorks said:Regarding your error, mod_k2 is not included in v2. You need to upgrade as v1 is not supported anymore.
  • JoomlaWorks
20 Aug 2009 19:12
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Where are the DEVELOPERS?!

Where are the DEVELOPERS?!

Regarding your error, mod_k2 is not included in v2. You need to upgrade as v1 is not supported anymore.
  • ANdrew
20 Aug 2009 12:47
FOrmatting ERROR after ugrade was created by ANdrew

FOrmatting ERROR after ugrade

I am using a Tweety template from Yoo Theme. Last night I upgraded to the latest K2 2.0 using the upgrade package and followed the instructions exactly.

All was well until I upgraded and now I have lost formatting in the K2 default layout when displaying teh items and categories. (See attached image) My hunch is that it did not upgrade correctly, but I have no idea how to try and upgrade again, or should I simply install the new 2.0..

Please help as it is alive site, thanks

I have also noticed that the front paeg is trying to display 1 heading blog and a single column below that now and I cannot get this to reset back to 2 columns of blogs as pre-upgrade. Even tho I have re installed the tweety template.

Thanks
  • David Crowell
19 Aug 2009 20:07

Upgrade problems Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() ... administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

After I did the upgrade i get this error. Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/elinkone/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

I have looked at the other posts on this subject. Changed my php.ini file restarted my server and I still get this error.

Please help.

I really want to use this great component.
  • Isam Ishaq
18 Aug 2009 21:19

Updated to newest build and all seems ok except the CSS

B Kemler said:Are you sure the problem wasn't that the K2 system plugin was disabled? I'm having other issues with the upgrade but the CSS is turning up just fine.

You are right. In my case the K2 system plugin was disabled. I turned it on and the problem is solved. Thanks for the tip!.
  • bkemler
18 Aug 2009 21:03

Menu Item Issue with Upgrade from v. 2 pre-release to v. 2 final

Is anyone else having problems with their existing k2 menu items after upgrading from v. 2 prerelease to v. 2 final? I went through and resaved each one like the instructions said and yet they're not working. But if I create a new menu item of exactly the same K2 item or category, it works.

I'll go through and create all the existing menu items again if that's what I have to do but I figured I'd ask if anyone else was experiencing this problem and if you figured out what was going on.
  • bkemler
18 Aug 2009 20:23

Are you sure the problem wasn't that the K2 system plugin was disabled? I'm having other issues with the upgrade but the CSS is turning up just fine.
  • gnagy
18 Aug 2009 17:01
Upgrade from 1.x to 2.0 stable? was created by gnagy

Upgrade from 1.x to 2.0 stable?

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to upgrade from K2 1.x to 2.0 stable?

Thank You
  • Bart Pluijms
15 Aug 2009 10:08
Replied by Bart Pluijms on topic Read more always shown

Read more always shown

I am not sure about that. In previous releases of K2 and in Joomla core content manager the "read more" is only shown when there is a fulltext.
Someone of the K2 developers team who can clear this out for me?

Erebrum said:Lo i think that read more is not based on part if there is a "intro" and "full" text in article. "Read more" is workin like on/off switch. You can enable it or disable it, and if you have in mind that you have option for link in title sometimes it is not needed. So if you dont wanna to be displayed disable it.

Bart Pluijms said:No one else with the same problem? And nobody a sollution for this problem? I have this problem on 2 sites now, both after a upgrade.
  • Travis Prebble
13 Aug 2009 23:32
Replied by Travis Prebble on topic Server error 500

Server error 500

Looking at the media/k2 folder, the images are actually being created for all the various sizes, so it looks like my folder permissions are fine there.

I also upgraded the class.upload.php to version 0.28 to see if that would fix any problems. It didn't.

And I unfortunately do not have access to the Apache error logs in order to see what, exactly, the problem is. :(

To answer Lefteris' list:

1. They do
2. It is
3. Did that with success, details elsewhere in thread
4. It definitely does not. The limit is set to 20MB and my image files were all under 1MB.

What else in involved with the item saving process around images? I really want to figure this out.
  • Ignatius Ackermann
13 Aug 2009 16:05
URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required was created by Ignatius Ackermann

URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required

Attempting to upgrade from Beta to 2.0 Stable.
1. I downloaded and saved original categories and items database tables seperately
2. On a fresh Joomla 1.5 and K2.0 installation I imported these 2 tables into the new database.
Problem!!!
Original database names are "jos_jw_k2_categories"
K2.0 database names are "jos_k2_categories"
I renamed "jos_k2_categories" to "jos_k2_categories11"
I renamed "jos_jw_k2_categories" to "jos_k2_categories"
All seems fine so far.
Go to Joomla administrator > K2 > Categories, and nothing shows here.
I have 43 categories in database, but these are not showing in administrator.
How do I get this to appear here.

Please help URGENTLY!!!
Or point to official upgrade instructions PLEASE!!!
  • Bart Pluijms
12 Aug 2009 20:19
Read more always shown was created by Bart Pluijms

Read more always shown

Hello,
I can't find if there is another topic about this, but I have a problem after installing the latest version of K2 at a couple of sites. I upgraded from the prelease.

Below ALL articles the "read more" link is displayed, even if there is NO fulltext.

How to fix this?
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
11 Aug 2009 21:40
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Error on Category creation....

Error on Category creation....

Dani
I forgot - I am doing all this locally on my dev box until I deploy but it does raise a good point about deployment:

You just need to contact the hosting company support and ask them to enable access to the dll exactly as I have described - it should not pose any problems to other customers at all.

george

Dani Carull said:Hi!
I'm getting the same error, but i don't have access to the php.ini file because my hosting service don't have de option.
Is there another way to solve this problem? modifying something in K2 files?

congratulations for this extension! I hope you could help us with this!

thks!

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.georgeGeorge Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:mine in the code looks like:mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);foreach ($strips as $strip) {$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in phpHELP PLEASE!!!George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!george
  • Dani Carull
11 Aug 2009 15:03
Replied by Dani Carull on topic Error on Category creation....

Error on Category creation....

Hi!

I'm getting the same error, but i don't have access to the php.ini file because my hosting service don't have de option.
Is there another way to solve this problem? modifying something in K2 files?

congratulations for this extension! I hope you could help us with this!

thks!

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.georgeGeorge Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:mine in the code looks like:mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);foreach ($strips as $strip) {$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in phpHELP PLEASE!!!George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!george
  • Travis Prebble
10 Aug 2009 22:36
Replied by Travis Prebble on topic Server error 500

Server error 500

Travis Prebble said:K2 team - is there anything we can provide you to help troubleshoot this issue?

Wanted to mention that I just upgraded to V2.0 final and am still getting this error. I will likely abandon the use of K2 if I can't figure out what's going on.
  • Bart Pluijms
10 Aug 2009 18:10
Problems related to comments was created by Bart Pluijms

Problems related to comments

Hello I have some problems with the comment function:

Component:
When filling in a comment and click submit I see a blank page showing the text "COMMENT ADDED! REFRESHING PAGE..." and nothing happens.
The comment is placed but I now refresh is made. Very anonying. Someone a sollution???

Module mod_comments
The mod_comments shows "%s" before the commenters name. How to delete this? It's not in the language file.

Ofcourse I am using the latest version of K2, I upgraded it from the prerelease.
  • EBC Computers
10 Aug 2009 17:55

Yup that's worked fine thanks.

In the mean time I searched all the files in the K2 upgrade zip file for the text "style.css" and found no reference at all which suggests to me that the line to load the default CSS file is indeed missing from the distributed package.
Displaying 2201 - 2220 out of 2250 results.